View Full Version : 2nd attempt: When it's folded to you in the SB(Poll)

ZeroPointMachine
12-06-2005, 03:34 AM
800 chip Party SNG, blinds are 15/30, Stacks are all around 800, no reads, no history, no meta game stuff. You are the small blind and all fold to you.

What is your default play?

I've broken the K-S hand rankings into roughly 10% groups to keep this simple.

chisness
12-06-2005, 03:49 AM
many of these can't even be answered, like Q2o vs. 89s and KJs vs. A4o

gisb0rne
12-06-2005, 03:51 AM
Fold everything except top 10%. That's how I play at least.

HesseJam
12-06-2005, 04:03 AM
Wow, so far, I am the loosest player. I can't believe you are playing only top ten%!

Slim Pickens
12-06-2005, 04:39 AM
I'm raising about hte top 30% and folding the rest. The implied odds on anything other than a 3BB raise or fold really kinda suck unless you ahve a really big hand, in which case a larger raise can work. An extreme example is pushing AA in that situation. You don't have to get called very often for it to be more profitable than a standard raise.

Apathy
12-06-2005, 07:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm raising about hte top 30% and folding the rest. The implied odds on anything other than a 3BB raise or fold really kinda suck unless you ahve a really big hand, in which case a larger raise can work. An extreme example is pushing AA in that situation. You don't have to get called very often for it to be more profitable than a standard raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Next week try min raising top 50% and betting most flops.

The week after that try completing connectors, 1 gappers two paints cards and most otehr stuff (except raise top 10%) and the bet out most flops.

Not saying this will or won't work better then what you're doing now but I just think you should try it.

hyde
12-06-2005, 09:02 AM
1/2 the time your opponent has a bottom 50% hand. A raise will win the blinds. often.
1/2 the time you will have a top 50% hand and should be willing to play for a raise.

when your hand is in the 30%-50% range, a raise will push your opponent out 50% of the time ( his bottom 50% hands), when he does play , he will miss the flop 70% of the time and you will hit it 30% of the time.
gawd that is a complicated sentence.
I play all but the bottom 10%
the bottom 10%-20% is read dependant
I guess I treat it just a bit tighter than heads up. Maybe it should be treated just the same. Except that with 7 hands folded you know there aren't any top 10% hands out there ...yet.
sorry if this reads connfusingly, someone made f'nn decaf this mornning...
hyde

skipperbob
12-06-2005, 09:05 AM
It's an early round; stay out with all but top 20%

DrPhysic
12-06-2005, 10:06 AM
Top 10% only early rounds.
Top 40% after blinds reach 100/200

Doc

jb9
12-06-2005, 10:37 AM
I would usually raise the top 60-70% of hands except for most hands with 2s, 3s, and 4s in them which I prefer not to get involved with.

If a steal with a weak hand doesn't work, I give up (i.e., I try not to get caught playing a big pot with T7o).

However, I usually only play 1 or 2 tables at a time. If I multitabled more, I would be tighter in the early rounds as that seems to be the best generic approach.

mlagoo
12-06-2005, 02:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's an early round; stay out with all but top 20%

[/ QUOTE ]

holy [censored] /images/graemlins/blush.gif

edit: i suppose i should answer the question. and i'll do that by saying its impossible to answer, like an earlier poster said. i would complete some hands in a certain percentile range and fold others. i'm much more likely to complete with T9s than, I dunno, Q8o. something like that. im raising the top 20-30%, completing a lot, folding the trash.

runner4life7
12-06-2005, 03:46 PM
im the guy that picked raise for them all.

Slim Pickens
12-06-2005, 04:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm raising about the top 30% and folding the rest. The implied odds on anything other than a 3BB raise or fold really kinda suck unless you have a really big hand, in which case a larger raise can work.

[/ QUOTE ]

Next week try min raising top 50% and betting most flops.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like minraising because of the poor implied odds. If I'm on the BB, it folds to the SB and he minraises, I'll either reraise to ~10BB or raise any <pot flop bet. The 3xBB raise doesn't give BB proper odds to see a flop with any two, so if you're SB and you see a flop, you'll have some information about you opponent's hand.

As for the top 30% vs. top 50%, I have no probalem with opening up my range here. I'm just a wuss.