PDA

View Full Version : 66 1/2

12-06-2005, 02:25 AM
Eurobet 5 max 1/2

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
UTG calls, MP folds, Button raises, Hero 3-bets, BB folds, UTG folds, Button calls.

Flop: 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif
Hero bets, UTG calls, Button calls

Turn: 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Hero bets, UTG calls, Button calls.

River: J/images/graemlins/club.gif
Hero checks, UTG checks, Button checks

Just started playing the 5 max games on eurobet. So far i have 5k hands under my belt and think i have a pretty good feel for the game. How about the river. should i bet if its a non jack club or check to induce bluff/save money if behind.

imported_leader
12-06-2005, 02:30 AM
I'm folding this PF. Nothing is particularly askew post flop. bet/fold the river is better against passive players.

roueful
12-06-2005, 02:34 AM
With two turn callers I'd c/c any face card on the river. Then again, without the flush coming in it's unlikely you're getting raised, so you might be able to bet for value. Problem is, with two callers, each is less likely to make a crying call if they were hanging around with overs. And otherwise there's almost no made hands that you actually beat.

12-06-2005, 02:37 AM
are you serious with the fold preflop? if so why?

roueful
12-06-2005, 02:37 AM
On you average 1/2 table I'd fold this PF too, unless the button was superlaggy and capable of folding, and utg was likely to fold preflop.

The two turn calls are really suspect, also. Depending on the players I'd check/fold the turn and/or river.

imported_leader
12-06-2005, 02:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]

are you serious with the fold preflop? if so why?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes. It's a standard fold for me. Maybe CC against the right players. 3-bet is wrong against all but the most psychotic opponents. You're OOP with a small pair. Against most players you’re at best 50/50. By 3-betting you're inflating the pot and making it much harder to get people to fold on favorable non-set flops.

12-06-2005, 02:45 AM
I raise and almost always 3-bet most pocket pairs preflop, is that bad? The play is pretty weak so I usually just run over most of the tables playing uber lag. . Is this bad for shorthanded? Do most people just stick with the typical TAG style for shorthanded as well.

I just started playing and have not really read up much on shorthanded but I have around 70k hands of 2/4 and 3/6 under my belt.

imported_leader
12-06-2005, 03:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I raise and almost always 3-bet most pocket pairs preflop, is that bad?

[/ QUOTE ]

Very bad.

[ QUOTE ]
The play is pretty weak so I usually just run over most of the tables playing uber lag.

[/ QUOTE ]

In all likelihood you’re running well in these type situations. Or you have selective memory about these situations.

[ QUOTE ]
. Is this bad for shorthanded?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Over aggression is one of the biggest problems that "good" shorthanded players have. Often players start out at SH extremely aggressive. This is often a winning if not optimal style for low limits. At you move up this won't work anymore. TAG's will call you down and LAG's will bluff you out of pots.

[ QUOTE ]
Do most people just stick with the typical TAG style for shorthanded as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't now what you see as the "typical TAG style." Here is a link to a generally accepted starting hand chart: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...t=1#Post1897985 (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=headsup&Number=1897985&PH PSESSID=&fpart=1#Post1897985)

[ QUOTE ]
I just started playing and have not really read up much on shorthanded but I have around 70k hands of 2/4 and 3/6 under my belt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Full players that move to 6m have the most trouble with the following:
-Being too tight PF especially in steal situations
-being too tight in their blind defense
-being too aggressive post flop i.e. not calling enough, too much fit or fold thinking

deepsquat
12-06-2005, 03:10 AM
If the BB is likely to call i will cc in the SB. Otherwise im folding. 3betting is the worse of the 3 options imo. Only way id 3bet is if button is very laggy and UTG is loose/poor.