PDA

View Full Version : weed in the dorm room

12-06-2005, 02:09 AM
hey all of you college stoners,

its entirely too cold to smoke outside anymore. what are your strategies for smoking in the room? we have those metal water sprinklers, those are not smoke detectors, correct?

my room has its own shower\bathroom... ive heard success stories of turning the water up really high to steam up the room then smoking in there? other suggestions ive heard of involve shoving towels into the cracks under the door, blowing the smoke into a paper towel roll filled with those fabric softeners, fans.

would turning the water on in the shower for about 5-10 minutes REALLY HOT letting the room steam up, toking, blowing the smoke through a paper towel roll w/ fabric softeners , while simultaneously having it go out the window, with a fan blowing in the bathroom.

does this sound good?
im a bit paranoid mainly because i would prefer my roomates didn't know i was smoking in there because they wouldn't like it and probably would demand that i stop.
also, thoughts on possibly smoking inside of the shower? would this help at all? figure it would be closer to the source of the steam..

any other tips?

PoBoy321
12-06-2005, 02:14 AM
If your roommates are gonna have a problem with it, don't smoke in your room. Either go to one of your other stoner friends' room or stop being a bitch, put on a jacket and go outside.

craig r
12-06-2005, 02:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If your roommates are gonna have a problem with it, don't smoke in your room. Either go to one of your other stoner friends' room or stop being a bitch, put on a jacket and go outside.

[/ QUOTE ]

Plus, couldn't his roommates get in trouble for it as well? It seems it would be much easier to just put a jacket on. Or start eating it.

craig

ChipWrecked
12-06-2005, 02:42 AM
Bong hit, clear the chamber, blow smoke into a wet towel. (this means one hit, no larger than you can take in the *entire chamber*)

And best of all, do what I did: live in a dorm where the head resident is a stoner /images/graemlins/cool.gif

tonypaladino
12-06-2005, 02:44 AM
If your roomates aren't cool with it, you should definatly not smoke in your room.

Make some THC pills. or buy a vaporizor or something

Mvcode3
12-06-2005, 02:47 AM
Duct tape the door, take a toliet paper tube and stuff dryer sheets into it, get a fan and open the window. one hit blow it through the dryer sheet into the back of the fan and out the window. Stay locked in your room for 8 hours playing smashbrothers (N64) and watching freddie got fingered ( a quick synopsis of my freshman year in college)

Shower isn't foolproof, ive been caught smoking in it.

LoaferGee12
12-06-2005, 02:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Duct tape the door, take a toliet paper tube and stuff dryer sheets into it, get a fan and open the window. one hit blow it through the dryer sheet into the back of the fan and out the window. Stay locked in your room for 8 hours playing smashbrothers (N64) and watching freddie got fingered ( a quick synopsis of my freshman year in college)

[/ QUOTE ]

This is perfect. If you're still really paranoid, buy a vaporizer. There is no smell of weed from a vaporizer.

Ah didn't see the roomate problem. Yeah, I'd either go vaporizer or just go outside.

Mvcode3
12-06-2005, 02:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]

This is perfect. If you're still really paranoid, buy a vaporizer. There is no smell of weed from a vaporizer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just the smell of burnt lungs, hopes, dreams and tuition money

craig r
12-06-2005, 02:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah didn't see the roomate problem. Yeah, I'd either go vaporizer or just go outside.

[/ QUOTE ]

I smoked a lot of pot in high school and I can't remember having this much motivation to do all the above things.

craig

12-06-2005, 02:54 AM
I was going to suggest the dryer sheet technique but was beaten to it, so another useful strategy would be to find another stoner who possibly enjoys weed more than you do and simply smoke in their room. I haven't lived in a dorm for years but I was cool with my RA so it was never really a problem for me. If you're blazing and an RA knocks at your door saying something like "we know what you're doing in there" just pretend like you're asleep

Edit: Vaporizers suck IMO, so if you're truly desperate, try stuffing some herb into a cigarrette, tedious process and I'm from Miami so I don't know about this cold weather you speak of, but if done right it looks like you're smoking a regular square to an onlooker and is effective for a brisk walk/sess.

12-06-2005, 02:55 AM
You're pretty dumb.

LoaferGee12
12-06-2005, 02:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I smoked a lot of pot in high school and I can't remember having this much motivation to do all the above things.

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, vaporizer makes it so you don't have to do any.

ChipWrecked
12-06-2005, 02:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I was going to suggest the dryer sheet technique but was beaten to it, so another useful strategy would be to find another stoner who possibly enjoys weed more than you do and simply smoke in their room. I haven't lived in a dorm for years but I was cool with my RA so it was never really a problem for me. If you're blazing and an RA knocks at your door saying something like "we know what you're doing in there" just pretend like you're asleep

[/ QUOTE ]

Some RA's have pass keys, as I learned freshman year when I was blasting my roommate's stereo with the headphones on (baked of course), and was shocked out of my reverie by the RA yanking the headphones off because I hadn't killed the speakers. D'oh.

craig r
12-06-2005, 02:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So, it's like when your parents went out and you were suppossed to be in bed, but your babysitter let you stay up later? Do you think this would work with the police as well?

craig

12-06-2005, 03:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So, it's like when your parents went out and you were suppossed to be in bed, but your babysitter let you stay up later? Do you think this would work with the police as well?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but you're pretty much screwed at that point anyway. Honest to god this worked for a friend of mine on my floor, he turned the TV way up and didn't answer the door. I watched the dumb RAs (came up from another floor) knock on his door for a good 10 minutes before finally walking away. "I don't smell anything"...RA < 50

Jeebus
12-06-2005, 04:06 AM
There are lots of posts, they probably already say what I have to say but I will say it anyway. You have three choices
1)smoke outside [censored]. its cold yes but jail ain't fun. Gettin put on probation for a weed charge ain't fun. Being able to go to jail for the max sentance plus 30 days for any charge ain't fun. Put a damn jacket on and go outside and smoke. The smoke will keep you warm.

2)Meet someone off campus that smokes. Lots o people do, its real easy to find them. On a side note, get a place off campus, or get 12 or 13 people together and rent an apartment, no one has to live ther use it as your smoke place. Just find a place to smoke.

3)the stupid way, smoke in your dorm and use a paper towel/tp roll with a dryer sheet on it to blanket out the smoke. that is blow thorugh said contraption. This aint full proof and you better have your [censored] hidden well.

When it comes down to it, don't be a puss either meet someone or find someplace off campus to smoke. If you smoke in your dorm and get caught your [censored]. I got cought on a boat and lost my teaching license. Just smoke where its safe.

whiskeytown
12-06-2005, 04:13 AM
I once spent two hrs. rigging up string/tape/tacks so I could turn my light switch in my dorm room on and off from my bed without having to get up...

BELIEVE ME, people will work very hard if the end result is then they can be even more lazy /images/graemlins/grin.gif

RB

12-06-2005, 04:16 AM
Seriously, just suck it up and go outside. I grew up in Minnesota and went to school in Wisconsin. Back in high school I used the fabric softner sheets in a cardboard tube and that worked really well, but I was just being a [censored] trying to get away with smoking in my parents' house when they were home. And if your roommates aren't cool with it you're just gonna cause problems with the people you live with and see every day if they figure it out, which they probably will. Best bet- go find some friends out of the dorms where you can smoke.

wonderwes
12-06-2005, 06:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
hey all of you college stoners,

would turning the water on in the shower for about 5-10 minutes REALLY HOT letting the room steam up, toking, blowing the smoke through a paper towel roll w/ fabric softeners , while simultaneously having it go out the window, with a fan blowing in the bathroom.

[/ QUOTE ]

You took a page right out of my book. When I was in a dorm in 2001, I used the paper towel fabric softener idea and we had hinged a box fan directly to are small sliding window.

Since you have roommates that are not cool with it that is certainly a problem.

Lesson #1, buy a safe. You can find them at target, these steel lockbockes. Lesson #2. No system is fullproof. You mess up once it can screw you up. Incense is your friend, it will help carry away the smell. Also Ozium is a great spray to have. Unlike air freshener, ozium eats away any smell in like 2 min. Lesson #3. Dont screw around. Have your system down. Dead bolt locked door, fan, tube, and anything else used to get the smell. The box fan attached to our window was great. We turn that sucker on high, and it would almost be a vaccum for our room.

And the most important lesson of all, move the hell off campus and get your own apt as soon as possible.

baumer
12-06-2005, 07:08 AM
I find different methods of smoking have different levels of smoke output. Smoking a joint would be way worse than hitting a pipe, because it would smoke constantly into the air.

I find the least smoke escapes the champer or your lungs if you use a small waterfall/gravity bong.
Although the apparatus is a little cumbersome, this technique will cutdown on your smelly emissions, and at the same time conserve your weed.

During the lighting process less than 1% of the smoke will be outside the chamber, and depending on how long you hold it in your lungs and where you blow it, as little as 5% of the total smoke will be in the residence air to smell.

Using the dryer sheet tube method should make this smoke smell almost negligible, and completely deniable.

But seriously, just smoke outside, and don't get your roommates in [censored].

12-06-2005, 07:33 AM
-Anyone else use these techniques to smoke with friends in their bedrooms durring HS?
-What is too cold to go outside to smoke? I think for me its 10 degrees
-Where do you live that you would get jail time for smokin some pot?

Brom
12-06-2005, 07:57 AM
A little knowledge of thermodynamics goes a long way. If you have more than one window in your room or a window that opens in two different places (like top and bottom of those big 1.5 m ones), then this will work best. You need to figure out the pressure difference between inside and outside (usually inside is lower) and use this to create convection currents. Remeber hot air rises so use the upper window as the outtake and lower as an intake.

If you can aid this with fan propulsion on either side do it. If you can only fan-assist one side, then make it the outtake and try to exhale/hold the joint near the fan. Feel free to improvise to the specifics of the thermal drafts and dynamics of your room though. Use the heating and ventilation systems to create favourable flow.

Keep on ventilating for a while after the smoking is actually finished. Get some Febreeze or odour eater spray, or use one of those scent elimating candles.

Also if your roomates disagree with it, don't be an ass, just go outside. They'll almost always be able to detect at least some smoke.