PDA

View Full Version : Help me, I want to make a web site

jokerthief
12-06-2005, 01:35 AM
I don't know how to code so I want to (initially) use some sort of site builder like Go Daddy or Yahoo. I have a domain already registered with go daddy if that matters. Any suggestions on the best place to host the site and what tools are best and easiest?

Also I want to make sure I get the page to work on all browsers so I need to get a list of browsers to test the site on. I only know of IE, firefox, netscape, and opera. Which ones am I missing?

Any other general advice will be greatly appreciated by this n00b. Awe me with you wisdom and I will add you to my "cool as hell" list! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

BTW, I am making a commercial site, if that matters.

holla forum

gusser
12-06-2005, 02:45 AM
jokertheif,

I think it all depends on what you want to do with the site. If you want to set up an online store with dynamic content you may not even want to do this yourself. Creating and supporting something like that could become a nightmare. If you are just building static pages check out MS Frontpage or Macromedia Dreamweaver for decent WYSIWYG creation (no HTML required). Testing the site in IE, Firefox, and Opera should cover 90%+ of traffic to most websites. If you have any other questions let me know.

hoping everything works out,
gus