PDA

View Full Version : Implied Collusion on an extremely loose table

12-06-2005, 01:11 AM
I've noticed recently that my win rate takes an extreme beating when I sit at an ultra loose table 45-55% VP$IP whether passive or agressive.

Some of this is due to variance, but do hands other than offsuit broadway hands loose value in multiway pots? I find even when I spike a set it seldom holds up to the 4 draws or any two will due that hits a boat.

Clearly I'm not adjusting to this type of table which SHOULD be a gold mine.

milesdyson
12-06-2005, 01:13 AM
how long have you been playing poker and how many hands have you played? this is all that matters.

you probably took a couple beats and now you think you would do much better against better players. suck it up, it's not true. it's all in your mind. post a hand or two every now and then, and reply to hands in here. this is the best way to get better at pokar.

12-06-2005, 01:18 AM
30K hands with a winrate of about 3.5bb / 100. I can take a few beats, it's the 50bb open drain I don't like.

I've played ultra tight tables before and realize that's not where the money's at.

milesdyson
12-06-2005, 01:20 AM
dude, wtf?

anyone with 30k hands and a 3.5bb/100 rate should not be complaining.

learn to love the 50 bb swings. they happen allll the time.

12-06-2005, 01:34 AM
I really think I worded my post poorly. Let me try again.

The winning % goes down when preflop #'s go up (due to implied collusion)

The $'s won goes up because the pot size is bigger.

Is there a statistical correlation with between variance and % seeing the flop?

Buckmulligan
12-06-2005, 01:48 AM
Suck it up big guy.

12-06-2005, 01:49 AM
yes, exactly... this is precisely what should happen.

with looser players your volatility (and variance) will increase, but your overall return will increase as well. you will take more swings, because you will be 'sucked out' on more, but the pots you do win will be bigger than what they should have been if players hadnt been in there calling incorrectly.

jaxUp
12-06-2005, 02:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
yes, exactly... this is precisely what should happen.

with looser players your volatility (and variance) will increase, but your overall return will increase as well. you will take more swings, because you will be 'sucked out' on more, but the pots you do win will be bigger than what they should have been if players hadnt been in there calling incorrectly.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is spot on.

TripleH68
12-06-2005, 03:08 AM
In poker you keep score with $, not pots.

12-06-2005, 05:00 AM
Everyone loves those tables except when they are running bad. And you don't have to be running that bad to lose your buyin once or twice. I generally try and get away from those tables if draws aren't hitting but usually end up waiting too long and having to make the money up on other tables. I don't think playing looser against maniacs is a good idea. I may play more passive and let him do the raising for me until I have a made hand, but do my best to not chase over cards or draws without pot odds.