bluefeet: calls 60
*** TURN *** [4c Qd Jc] [5s]
Seat 8: bets 60
bluefeet: raises 120 to 180
Seat 8: calls 120
*** RIVER *** [4c Qd Jc 5s] [6h]
Seat 8: checks
bluefeet: bets 150

7 minutes to the bubble...yousers! I was watching Durron in an MTT, surfin, hadn't A CLUE what the hell happened. Before getting through the HH, I get this one. Pretty standard I would think. Don't know if bigchip here is wicked skilled with a few monster hands, or a LAG donking it up big time. Blah...probably play it the same regardless.\

EDIT: For the record, I'd play the turn the same without the 5, checking behind the river with a call.

splashpot
12-06-2005, 01:14 AM
I probably value bet a little more on the river.

bluefeet
12-06-2005, 01:17 AM
Yeah, I agree. Not a great bet...took my eye off the pot. Almost looks a little post-oakie. Maybe even getting called more often with a 300ish. Nice catch.

12-06-2005, 01:55 AM
I'm curious as to why you called the minraise from the bigstack as BB with J5o. I know in general you don't want to do this -- what made this situation different?

-Baz

bluefeet
12-06-2005, 02:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm curious as to why you called the minraise from the bigstack as BB with J5o. I know in general you don't want to do this -- what made this situation different?

-Baz

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair question. I posted because of Scuba's attempt at getting some post-flop play, blind vs. blind discussion. Of course that's not why I called /images/graemlins/wink.gif

A couple reasons, one supportive of the other:

Deep stacks. Blind defense. This is far from a typical game. I literally woke up to find this game 4-way in L2. Having missed the action, having a bit of ground to make up, I felt the need to make a feable attempt at defending vs. bigstack's apparent attempt at setting the tone on the "bubble". Just an opportunity here I won't have very shortly to look him up. Catching a hand and being able to proceed, all the better.