PDA

View Full Version : I HATE the 1 seat!

PYITE
07-11-2003, 01:46 PM
For the simple fact that it is hard to know what the 10 seat is doing, since you can't see him.

$3-6 at the Borgata (nice place by the way). I just want to know if this has ever happened to anyone else. I'm in CO with Qs 10s. I am in the 1 seat. 6 limpers (including the 10 seat).

FLOP: Qc Jc 4d (two tone)

Not bad... Check, check, check, 7 seat bets, 10 seat calls, I raise. Fold, Fold, Fold, call(7 seat), call(10 seat).

3 to the turn: BLANK (Qc Jc 4d) 2h

Check, Check, I bet, call(7 seat), 10 seat beat him into the pot. Hmm, both on draws.

3 to the river: Ugly ass *?&% straight/over card (Qc Jc 4d) 2h Kh

I'm folding to a bet from either of them. 7 seat checks, 10 seat checks, hmm, maybe I'm still OK, I bet with my best 'I'm bluffing at a busted flush' face, hoping for a call from a bottom pair. Here's where it gets interesting. 7 seat looks right at me and says "call", and I hear the 10 seat say "call". Appearently he asked the 7 seat "you call?", and then put 2 bets out (that I couldn't see). I immediatley show my second pair, 7 seat mucks, and 10 seat says "no good" and shows me 10 9 for a rivered straight.

Do I owe 10 seat 1 more big bet? I'm sure I do, but I heard call.

"Set the gearshift for the high gear of your soul!"

Schmed
07-11-2003, 02:01 PM
Well in the 5 seat u lose track of seat 7.....lol

I here what you are saying because I like the 1 seat. Seat 10 loses track of me...lol....nah I like it because it's a nonsmoking seat and with the dealer not smoking and hopefully the person directly next to me I can almost get a smoke free seat.

My seat sitting considerations have to do with players typically outside of that I usually sit on the ends because I have more room to operate.....and stack my piles of chips....lol

dirty_dan
07-11-2003, 02:05 PM
You don't owe anything extra. You said or did nothing to call his raise. You just turned up your cards. It's only a breach of etiquette, not a call.