PDA

View Full Version : sad futurama :(

daryn
12-06-2005, 12:29 AM
i always get sad when i see the end of that futurama. fry's poor dog waits there for fry until he dies! /images/graemlins/frown.gif

ever watch a sad cartoon?

toss
12-06-2005, 12:41 AM
I feel like crying at the end of that episode. Damn sad music.

mason55
12-06-2005, 12:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i always get sad when i see the end of that futurama. fry's poor dog waits there for fry until he dies! /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

wow... i knew exactly what you were talking about from the subject line.

i had a female friend in college who i just happened to see that episode with three different times. every time she would cry for like an hour afterwards.

DcifrThs
12-06-2005, 12:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

such a sad episode indeed...but at least things return to normal...as it always or sometimes does

Barron

miajag81
12-06-2005, 12:50 AM
One of the best Futurama episodes IMO. It was kind of shocking when I saw it the first time because the ending was so out of character for the show. Sad and brilliant at the same time.

Blarg
12-06-2005, 12:56 AM
Wait a sec...which episode was this?

baumer
12-06-2005, 01:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe at the beginning of the episode Fry is at a museum or dig site, and it happens to be the old pizzeria he used to work for. Hilarity ensues.

You should make an effort to see every single episode of this show.

Benholio
12-06-2005, 01:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
One of the best Futurama episodes IMO. It was kind of shocking when I saw it the first time because the ending was so out of character for the show. Sad and brilliant at the same time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree completely. And it is okay to say that when you quote a post instead of leaving it blank.

pokerdirty
12-06-2005, 01:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I swear to god I was going to post something very similar to this very thread.

This after last night, we both thought ATHF was "weaksauce". Weird.

CourtesyFlush
12-06-2005, 01:06 AM
What season/episode number is this? I'd like to download it.

tonypaladino
12-06-2005, 01:07 AM
**sniff**

Mvcode3
12-06-2005, 01:08 AM
yea i was disappointed as well, what was up with all the hand holding between frylock and the other characters?

offTopic
12-06-2005, 01:09 AM
Hachiko monogatari (http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0093132/)

Blarg
12-06-2005, 01:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe at the beginning of the episode Fry is at a museum or dig site, and it happens to be the old pizzeria he used to work for. Hilarity ensues.

You should make an effort to see every single episode of this show.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have. I've seen the all repeatedly and have all the years of this on DVD. I just don't remember right off the bat which episode you guys are talking about, because you guys aren't really saying any details. I can't remember Fry having a dog.

And he's at a dig site or a museum in a bunch of shows.

Anyway, somebody clue me in a little more on which show this is please.

mannerbot
12-06-2005, 01:22 AM
Luck of the Fryish does it for me. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Oh, and the dog episode the topic creator is talking about is "Jurassic Bark."

7ontheline
12-06-2005, 01:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Oh, and the dog episode the topic creator is talking about is "Jurassic Bark."

[/ QUOTE ]

Both excellent and touching. The dog one really gets me because I have a dog who is that loyal - he freaks out every time I leave (see avatar). My other dog is less neurotic.

HopeydaFish
12-06-2005, 01:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I feel like crying at the end of that episode. Damn sad music.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow...I thought I was the only one. I'd never seen the episode and watched it on DVD for the first time a few months ago. I was nearly bawling.

MCS
12-06-2005, 01:37 AM
The Simpsons where Homer's mom comes back.

The scene at the end where he's watching the stars is really touching.

Duke
12-06-2005, 01:39 AM
Stolen from Yahoo TV (playing tonight for me on cartoon network):

"Jurassic Bark" Episode #407.
Fry spots his petrified dog in an exhibit at the Museum of Natural History.

Cast: Billy West, Billy West, John DiMaggio, Katey Sagal, Lauren Tom.
Producer(s): Matt Groening, David X. Cohen.

Original Airdate: November 17, 2002.

~D

daryn
12-06-2005, 01:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that one is great. the breakfast club song at the end.. awesome

episodes like that, in combination with the other hilarious ones are why i call futurama my favorite cartoon

tonypaladino
12-06-2005, 01:47 AM
It also had the one of the shows hottest scenes ever...

Reef
12-06-2005, 01:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The Simpsons where Homer's mom comes back.

The scene at the end where he's watching the stars is really touching.

[/ QUOTE ]

the simpsons season 6 where Lisa's sax teacher/mentor dies was sad for a little while

old school X-Men where Beast makes friends with Apocalypse's ship.. and the ship sacrifies itself.

sad stuff. reoccuring theme of death

jgorham
12-06-2005, 01:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.hundland.com/posters/i/TheIronGiant_UK-VHS.jpg

tonypaladino
12-06-2005, 02:08 AM
eewwwww

I was searching for a screenshot from a Futurama episode, and found this (http://jab-toons.com/futuramasex/futurama_fry_leela_bender.jpg) NSFW!!!!

Blarg
12-06-2005, 02:12 AM
Jurassic Bark? Hmm... still can't picture it. This really surprises me as I've seen most episodes at least four or five times, no kidding. Some a lot more than that. Yet I'm still drawing a complete blank. Weird.

miajag81
12-06-2005, 02:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
eewwwww

I was searching for a screenshot from a Futurama episode, and found this (http://jab-toons.com/futuramasex/futurama_fry_leela_bender.jpg) NSFW!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahahaha
i like how Leela has purple nips

MCS
12-06-2005, 02:19 AM
Great call on The Iron Giant.

LAGmaniac
12-06-2005, 02:24 AM
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/1862/407nl938nl.jpg

Rest in Piece, Seymour Asses

Brainwalter
12-06-2005, 02:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree completely. And it is okay to say that when you quote a post instead of leaving it blank.

[/ QUOTE ]

But by no means necessary!

Blarg
12-06-2005, 02:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.hundland.com/posters/i/TheIronGiant_UK-VHS.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Iron Giant was very good, and definitely had a little sadness to it. Full Metal Alchemist seems to have a constant undercurrent of sadness to me. Of course, Grave of the Fireflies is so heartbreaking it's almost impossible to watch, and the supplemental materials just make it much worse.

I thought the last episode of Futurama was sad too, but that was partly because you knew every minute that the whole thing was over now.

I see that Jurassic Bark is from the 4th season. Looking it up on Amazon, it looks like that season has the ones I've watched by far the fewest times, so I need to give it a good run through again. Which is cool, it will still be pretty fresh to me. In the case of Jurassic Bark, I don't even remember it at all.

daryn
12-06-2005, 02:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I thought the last episode of Futurama was sad too, but that was partly because you knew every minute that the whole thing was over now.

[/ QUOTE ]

how so? i agree that the last episode is kind of sad in a way, but it's a kind of happy sad. how do you know every minute that the whole series is ending?

Blarg
12-06-2005, 02:39 AM
It's written along those lines.

And the commentary reminds you too that it's the end of an era of funny. Even if that era was only four years long.

toss
12-06-2005, 02:39 AM
Maybe you've never seen the episode before! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Full Metal Alchemist anime just fxcked up after the 35th episode or so. I like the manga better.

I've heard stuff about Grave of the Fire Flies before. Gotta check that out.

Duke
12-06-2005, 02:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Grave of the Fireflies (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095327/)

~D

daryn
12-06-2005, 02:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]

And the commentary reminds you too that it's the end of an era of funny. Even if that era was only four years long.

[/ QUOTE ]

you mean the dvd commentary? i'll have to check that out. you are talking about the episode where he changes hands with the devil right?

toss
12-06-2005, 02:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

~D

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn the description makes the movie sound really hard to watch.

tonypaladino
12-06-2005, 02:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you mean the dvd commentary? i'll have to check that out. you are talking about the episode where he changes hands with the devil right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, "The Devil's Hands Are Idle Playthings" is the last episode. I agree that the DVD commentary is pretty sad to listen to on that one.

Blarg
12-06-2005, 02:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, it ends as a show at a theater being closed, as I recall. The show, of course, is really Futurama itself.

Blarg
12-06-2005, 02:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

~D

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn the description makes the movie sound really hard to watch.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's unbelievably hard to watch. And the horrible thing is that it's pretty autobiographical, written by the survivor. It's almost impossible to imagine how you could stagger through life after something like that, with all the moral implications compounding the sadness.

I can't watch it very often at all. Just too hard to take.

Roger Ebert's bit on the DVD is very good. You don't need the extras at all to make sense of the movie or beef up its value, but this is one where the extras are incredibly good and even worth watching more than once. Since this is based on someone's real life war experience, getting some idea of the factual background in the extras makes the film's resonance even stronger -- and it's pretty devastatingly resonant in the first place.

daryn
12-06-2005, 02:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, "The Devil's Hands Are Idle Playthings" is the last episode. I agree that the DVD commentary is pretty sad to listen to on that one.

[/ QUOTE ]

of course i know this! i was just seeing if blarg knew what he was talking about. looks like i need to go listen to the commentary

LAGmaniac
12-06-2005, 03:04 AM
Weird... that Futurama episode is on right now

Blarg
12-06-2005, 03:10 AM
doh! What is this, quiz Blarg day?

daryn
12-06-2005, 03:10 AM
that is why i posted it, i saw it 3 hours ago. i'm watching it again now.

are you on the west coast?

LAGmaniac
12-06-2005, 03:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
that is why i posted it, i saw it 3 hours ago. i'm watching it again now.

are you on the west coast?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah west coast... guess it's not so spooky now

The Truth
12-06-2005, 03:19 AM
I'm watchin it as well.

I havent seen this one yet, I guess im gonna cry.

blake

ethan
12-06-2005, 03:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Weird... that Futurama episode is on right now

[/ QUOTE ]

If you missed it, click here (http://s4.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3RA4LPIICRVLY2UT9WCOFEAXJR). (Yousendit link to episode. Mods - I hope this is ok, if not then someone please delete it.)

daryn
12-06-2005, 03:21 AM
by the way i love in this one when fry smashes the machine with the wrench

daryn
12-06-2005, 03:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm watchin it as well.

I havent seen this one yet, I guess im gonna cry.

blake

[/ QUOTE ]

the saddest is the song! and when the dog finally closes his eyes /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif