PDA

View Full Version : Enormous pot. Good?

Koss
12-06-2005, 12:19 AM
The preflop LRR is something I've seen him do everytime it's been raised behind him with a wide range of hands, so there's not a lot to it. Is this good SSHE procedure for large pots?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) CP hand converter (http://www.support3.com/handconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, CO calls, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (15 SB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, MP calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, MP calls, CO calls.

Turn: (13.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, CO folds, SB calls, Hero calls.

River: (16.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 18.50 BB

edit!

I suppose I should add that this is the same villain from this hand!

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) CP hand converter (http://www.support3.com/handconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, CO calls.

Flop: (17 SB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (12.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (14.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 16.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Ad 9d (one pair, aces).
Button has Td Qc (high card, ace).
Outcome: Hero wins 16.50 BB. </font>

12-06-2005, 12:24 AM
I think you can peel to the river, but I don't think you're good on the river. I'm actually very confused by this action, but my instaincts say that calling the river cant be a huge mistake on the off chance MP is a total donky bluffer.

Mister Z
12-06-2005, 01:11 AM
I don't think there's much use in raising the flop in hand 1. You'll be lucky to see 1 person fold in this pot and you're just bloating the pot more. The rest of the hand plays different from there because your call on 4th street is based on pot odds. I highly doubt your good on the river even against this moron.

MrWookie47
12-06-2005, 01:21 AM
Well, with that read, nh.

Sightless
12-06-2005, 01:24 AM
The second hand changes everything IMO, Calling the river bet in hand one, while not being an overcall is OKEY, IMO

Peter Harris
12-06-2005, 07:01 AM
Hand 1 you have the read, use it.

hand 2 - no-one here advocating a turn donk? TPWK plus FD, Button has ben show to be aggro - could even have KK,QQ,TT,KJ or JTs or something and going crazy, why assume we're behind to AT+ or JJ??

Sykes
12-06-2005, 02:47 PM
Hand #1 is so bad because if you know if he LRR with a wide-range of hands, I'd fold the K8s knowing I'd get 3 bet at least 1/4th of the time. Also, raising the flop is terrible since no one with a hand is folding and your hand needs improvement. I don't see 3PTK winning.

Hand #2 is played fine in my eyes. Unless he raises you when you bet again on the turn with a weaker ace/KJ/KdQd, the check/call is fine. I might donk the river though. It's a questionable alternate play.

12-06-2005, 04:00 PM
First flop: If he always three bets when there is a raise behind him, and you see the raise, should you fold knowing you're putting not one, but two bets in? I am folding the flop. Reverse implied odds aren't good. You've got second pair, no backdoor draws. Your opponents could be drawing at a lot. I think you end with an expensive second or third best hand here too often.

Hand 2: I play it the same way.

Sorry if I repeated what others have said, I am trying to respond, then look at the other posts. Peer pressure is a mother.