PDA

View Full Version : Partypoker "gave" me $100, questions...

TexArcher
12-05-2005, 11:57 PM
Okay, so I haven't played on PP in about a year. But then I got an e-mail that PP has "given" me $100 in real money, the catch is that I have to play a thousand raked hands by 12/28 to cash it out, so:

I can use it for SnGs, but can I cash out profits in excess of their hundred? Or do I still have to play the thousand raked cash hands to cash out anything?

Also, what constitutes a "raked hand"? I looked on their site and they're not very specific. Does it count any raked hand at any limit? Do I actually have to see the flop for it to count, etc? It doesn't look like there's any way to keep track of how close you are to their requirement...

The only reason I ask is that I've still got another $120 to cash out from a Full Tilt bonus so I'm playing most of my cash hands there before that bonus expires in two weeks. Ain't enough hours in the day to go for both of these with the holidays and all, so if I can play the PP money on SnGs and just cash out whatever I win, that's what I'd like to do...

Any info would be appreciated...

Ken_AA
12-06-2005, 01:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Okay, so I haven't played on PP in about a year. But then I got an e-mail that PP has "given" me $100 in real money, the catch is that I have to play a thousand raked hands by 12/28 to cash it out, so:

I can use it for SnGs, but can I cash out profits in excess of their hundred? Or do I still have to play the thousand raked cash hands to cash out anything?

Also, what constitutes a "raked hand"? I looked on their site and they're not very specific. Does it count any raked hand at any limit? Do I actually have to see the flop for it to count, etc? It doesn't look like there's any way to keep track of how close you are to their requirement...

The only reason I ask is that I've still got another $120 to cash out from a Full Tilt bonus so I'm playing most of my cash hands there before that bonus expires in two weeks. Ain't enough hours in the day to go for both of these with the holidays and all, so if I can play the PP money on SnGs and just cash out whatever I win, that's what I'd like to do...

Any info would be appreciated...

[/ QUOTE ]

When I was new to poker (very new and very dumb) I set an account up there. then I bought a new computer and I was so dumb I thought I had to set a new accountup with a new computer, and i actually had 2 party poker accounts for a bit (i took all the money out of account one becaus ei didnt think i would be able to get to it with the new computer, so it was a second account with no money in it). About 6 months later I had this happen with the old acocunt, I think they had put 50 bucks in it. however I didnt want to play that account, and I rarly play cash games. So what I did was played a bunch of qualifiers to bigger tournys. they do not take freerolls back that were won with "there" money. so if you could try that if you wanted to.

Ken

TheHammer24
12-06-2005, 01:26 AM
From what I have understand, I think I can say with a significant amount of confidence, that you can play with the $100 and cashout all profits. So if you use the 100 dollars, drive it up to 10,000 you can cashout 9900.

12-06-2005, 01:54 AM
If you just want to get the bonus cleared quickly, hop on some $25PL games where the blinds are 10 & 25 cents. If you 4 to 6 table and only play solid hands in good position, you should be able to clear it at least even or winner in a couple days at a couple/three hours per day.

S&SGW

froggy527
12-06-2005, 02:58 AM
You don't have to contribute to the pot the pot has to
be raked though to count. As far as keeping track open up
the cashier and click the bonus account button,it will bring a page up with all of the info you need.

If you can multi table it's no problem to clear the bonus
and it's a whole lot better than that crappy full tilt bonus!

12-06-2005, 03:52 AM
Yeah, a raked hand on Party really just means any hand where you're dealt cards, whether you've contributed any money to the pot or not. Any pot of $5 or more is raked 50 cents.

You also can cash out any winnings at Party before you finish clearing the bonus. The rake structure and stuff is explained in the link below.

Party Rake Structure (http://www.partypoker.com/games/how_to_play/rake.html)

Tournament entries don't count towards bonuses and since there's not really any rake in a SnG they probably wouldn't count towards your bonus. Either way, you can take you winnings out as you go and PP is soft enough so that you should have no problem winning money while quickly clearing the bonus if you multi-table.

dibbs
12-06-2005, 04:38 AM
Tex,

did the code have the word "gift" in it?

wonderwes
12-06-2005, 05:40 AM
If you play 4 tables, you can have that hand requirement done in a matter of days. $25 max tables help you see a lot of action, esp if you play PL omaha. At low stakes, just about every pot makes the requirement of a $5 pot for $.50 rake. Just gotta see that flop for a hand credit. So just play smart, and that cash will be yours to build or cashout in no time.