PDA

View Full Version : AQo vs. a donk, and I turn second pair... now what?

Kumubou
12-05-2005, 11:51 PM
MP here is a loose/passive clown, roughly 55/9/.9, with agression frequencies sub-30% on all streets. He's called people down with top pair more than once.

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Heroine is CO with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Heroine raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP calls.

<font color="blue">Woo yay.</font>

Flop: (5.50 SB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Heroine calls.

<font color="blue">Should I even peel here? I figure him to either have a K or a J here -- I have 6 pair outs against a J, 3 against a K, plus 4 regardless of what he has for the gutshot. I figure to have somewhere between 4 and 10 outs, and I figure that averages out to 7, which means I should peel.</font>

Turn: (3.75 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="orange">Heroine???</font>

<font color="blue">Lope. I guess if I wasn't willing to call down with a pair of queens, I should not have called the flop. Now what?</font>

Pot at turn decision point: 4.75 BB

-K

thesharpie
12-05-2005, 11:57 PM
I'd calldown/bet river if checked to. You have enough outs on that flop.

Koss
12-05-2005, 11:58 PM
Call. You could have as many as 9 outs + be ahead. Call it down.

LoaferGee12
12-06-2005, 12:11 AM
Yeah just call it down. Don't want to fold a J or 7 and you may not even be missing bets vs a flush draw as he will often fire one more on the river when he misses.

Not to mention you're behind here a decent amount.

12-06-2005, 12:44 AM
His preflop selection is pretty wide, but from the looks of his aggression factor, the flop probably hit him in some way. As long as there's more hands you think he'd bet out with on the flop that don't have a pair of K or better, then calling down is good. Many players will bet out flush draws, bottom or middle pair (along with TP).

It looks like you had a plan to call down on the flop, but you backed out.