PDA

View Full Version : KQo BB 6 hand

baronzeus
12-05-2005, 11:50 PM
6 handed 75/150

folded to semilaggy button who opens. he's like 45/20, his range is pretty wide IMO.

anyhow, seif coldcalls in the SB, i call in the BB with KQo. flop AcTd2c

Seif checks, I check, Button bets, seif calls, I call

Turn Qs

Seif checks, I bet, both call

River 6d

Seif open folds, I bet

jph0424
12-05-2005, 11:52 PM
I think this is a good value bet here.

Surfbullet
12-06-2005, 12:14 AM
I like it. Did you give any thought to betting the flop? And what is Seif like?

Surf

12-06-2005, 12:34 AM
Wierd. Is a turn donk better because a raise from button cleans up your outs and you don't have to call the river UI or is it simply beacuse he range is so large? There's nothing not to like about betting the river.

baronzeus
12-06-2005, 12:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Wierd. Is a turn donk better because a raise from button cleans up your outs and you don't have to call the river UI or is it simply beacuse he range is so large? There's nothing not to like about betting the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

the flop turn combo was my biggest question. if seif had folded i would have c/r but as it stood i just called. any thoughts on teh turn?

Surfbullet
12-06-2005, 12:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the flop turn combo was my biggest question. if seif had folded i would have c/r but as it stood i just called. any thoughts on teh turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the turn donk is the best of your options...it's somewhat transparent, but the dangerous nature of the board + 3way pot means that it'll keep their reactions relatively honest, and a c/r is definitely over the top, because many times you'll get it off but be behind.

Surf

Victor
12-06-2005, 12:57 AM
whos seif? and why didnt you 3bet pf?

TheMetetron
12-06-2005, 01:16 AM
mark seif, some donk who won some bracelets at this years wsop. I've never played with him though, so I can't say how good he is in these games.

baronzeus
12-06-2005, 01:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
mark seif, some donk who won some bracelets at this years wsop. I've never played with him though, so I can't say how good he is in these games.

[/ QUOTE ]

usually i 3bet pf, but given my position to the pfr i want to be able to c/r good flops and trap the field in this case. also who knows how good my equity is, it really isn't worth it IMO.

(note: i'd 3bet if it was HU)

sthief09
12-06-2005, 01:54 AM
i dont like the turn bet. the lag could decide you dont have an A and might want to test you. then what? you are giving up a possible best hand plus outs. the only way i could like it is if you planned to call a turn raise and fold the river UI, which is probably only correct against someone whose play you know fairly well

sthief09
12-06-2005, 01:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

usually i 3bet pf, but given my position to the pfr i want to be able to c/r good flops and trap the field in this case. also who knows how good my equity is, it really isn't worth it IMO.

(note: i'd 3bet if it was HU)

[/ QUOTE ]

the nice thing about putting in a lot of bets in these situations is it discourages people from stealing on you a lot. people dont like having the lead taken

12-06-2005, 01:57 AM
Since it's HU on the river, does anyone prefer checking to the button to induce a bluff from a missed club draw or other unmade hand, as opposed to making a value bet?
Knowing villian's WTSD would make this a much easier decision.

sthief09
12-06-2005, 02:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Since it's HU on the river, does anyone prefer checking to the button to induce a bluff from a missed club draw or other unmade hand, as opposed to making a value bet?
Knowing villian's WTSD would make this a much easier decision.

[/ QUOTE ]

no real reason to put him on a draw. this is a pretty clear value bet

Alobar
12-06-2005, 02:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i dont like the turn bet. the lag could decide you dont have an A and might want to test you. then what?

[/ QUOTE ]

call down?

I need to think about it more, but I like the turn donk. I think there is a good chance the button checks behind here once he gets called in 2 places on that flop.

sthief09
12-06-2005, 03:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i dont like the turn bet. the lag could decide you dont have an A and might want to test you. then what?

[/ QUOTE ]

call down?

I need to think about it more, but I like the turn donk. I think there is a good chance the button checks behind here once he gets called in 2 places on that flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

if the pot were bigger (if he 3-bet preflop) then id say bite the bullet and bet. but i think betting the turn has "own me" written all over it, and the pot size doesnt justify that

DeathDonkey
12-06-2005, 03:27 AM
Also its not that terrible if he gives up a free card as he has a gutshot too and will be well ahead if button checks turn.

-DeathDonkey

Victor
12-06-2005, 03:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

looks like a donk you likes to call suited connectors there.

oreogod
12-06-2005, 03:45 AM
whats your action if he pops the river, given your line?

Also if he raises the turn, Id call, and prolly fold river UI. But lately I have been unable to do that (folding that is, especially 3handed).