PDA

View Full Version : 20/40, changing a plan? 95s BB special

Surfbullet
12-05-2005, 11:25 PM
It's 7handed but only 3 players in the hand, I hope you guys don't mind. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

MP looks like a tightish-passivish, doesn't raise PF much.
SB is 30/20ish. pretty aggro post.

Table doesn't look good but the 3 folds in between 'em are all juicy LPs.

Party Poker 20/40 Hold'em (7 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Surf is BB with 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB completes, Surf checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Surf calls to encourage taggy to call drawing slim, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, SB calls, Surf calls, salivating at the prospect of c/r'ing the field on the turn.

Turn: (4.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Surf checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Surf wonders if he should fold or call or raise...

Surf

jph0424
12-05-2005, 11:42 PM
Very tough hand. Against an aggro SB I think I like a reraise here as he could have any K. You can not afford to call and let MP1 see the river for cheap as your hand is extremely vulnerable and the board is very drawy. I am a little worried about what a tight passive would limp with and raise that flop but I think a hand like JT is likely. I am looking forward to reading input from others.

mscags
12-05-2005, 11:53 PM
I think you need to reraise on the flop when it comes back to you. I think that will make the turn play a lot easier IMO.

Scags

12-05-2005, 11:55 PM
7 handed? Quick, get a mod!

If SB was raising out of the blue you'd go ahead and 3 bet, but that's not SB's action. If you're going to 3 bet you're investing a ton of bets to continue in this not-so-large pot and looking at how it's gone down so far I'd hum and haw and then toss it. I can see a much better argument being made for a cold call, if a K or T falls on the river you're boned regardless of whether or not you knocked the other guy out of the hand.

Also, raise the flop. Nobody's ever that slim against bottom two and you'd love the aggro SB to give you more action with TP. You'd also hate if he went limp on the turn with a draw or if your turn raise crushed the 9 he may have been obliged to call down with otherwise.

jph0424
12-06-2005, 12:15 AM
I agree that you put yourself in this situation by overvaluing bottom 2. As Bryce said it would really suck to have the turn get checked through. A diamond, Q, J or A would be very bad to see. I play this flop fast and that makes all future decisions much easier.

12-06-2005, 02:09 AM
I'll add that I also like a re-raise on the flop. It makes the hand much easier to play IMO, and you won't have to deal with situations like the one you're in right now, since you can fold the turn if you bet and it's two back to you.
In the current mess, I have a feeling that someone just hit their QJ, or has a better two pair/set, so I would fold begrudgingly. The fact that SB is so aggressive makes this a much tougher decision though.

wackjob
12-06-2005, 02:28 AM
I'm with everyone else. bottom 2 versus more than 1 opponent I will always bet or c/r on the flop. you invite too much trouble with the slowplay of bottom two, especially on a drawy board like this. I would probably just call down the way you played it.

Grisgra
12-06-2005, 03:33 AM
I'd call. Absolutely do not fold this. I've made "good" folds on boards like this at 20/40 only to see people in raising wars with 2nd pair. Here, could well just be top pair.

dave44
12-06-2005, 09:57 AM
I'm definitely making a move on the flop either by immediately raising or 3-betting with the other two trapped. Especially when an overcard hits on the turn, I'd think you'd have to be concerned about how often MP1 is firing out a bet when he's actually behind you.

12-06-2005, 01:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, raise the flop. Nobody's ever that slim against bottom two and you'd love the aggro SB to give you more action with TP. You'd also hate if he went limp on the turn with a draw or if your turn raise crushed the 9 he may have been obliged to call down with otherwise.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree.