PDA

View Full Version : 10 Hands in 4 Orbits

Philuva
07-11-2003, 11:51 AM
Here are 10 hands I played in 4 orbits of a fairly typical $3-$6 game. Thoughts/comments appreciated.

Hand 1
8d Td in the CO. Folded to me. I raise. Button Calls. SB re-raises. BB folds. I call. Button calls.
FLOP is [ 4d 2h 9d ] SB bets. I raise. Button and SB call.
TURN is [ 4d 2h 9d ] [ Js ] SB checks. I bet. Button and SB call.
RIVER is [ 4d 2h 9d Js ] [ 5h ] SB Checks. I bet. Button folds. SB calls. SB shows Kc Kh and wins.

Hand 2
Tc 8d in BB. MP open-raises. Folded to me in the BB and I call.
FLOP is [ 8c 9c 5c ] I Check. MP bets. I raise. MP calls.
TURN is [ 8c 9c 5c ] [ Jh ] I bet. MP folds.

Hand 3
2s 2d in the CO. Folded to me. I raise in the CO. Button calls. Blinds fold.
FLOP is [ 8d Kh Jc ] I bet. Button calls.
TURN is [ 8d Kh Jc ] [ 4s ] I bet. Button calls.
RIVER is [ 8d Kh Jc 4s ] [ 6h ] I Check. Button checks.
I win. Button had Th 9h

Hand 4
Ah 3h in the BB. UTG and UTG+1 call. MP calls. Button calls. SB folds. I raise. All call. 5 to the flop with 5 BB's.
FLOP is [ 7s 2h 9c ] I Bet. All call.
TURN is [ 7s 2h 9c ] [ 2d ] I Check. Checked to the button who bets. I raise. All fold back to the button who calls.
RIVER is [ 7s 2h 9c 2d ] [ 5h ] I Check. Button bets. I call. Button shows Qs 9s and wins.

Hand 5
As Jh on the button. UTG and UTG+1 call. MP calls. I call. SB folds. BB checks. 5 players for 5.5 SB's.
FLOP is [ Jd Qh 3s ] BB bets, Fold, Call, Fold, I raise. Both call.
TURN is [ Jd Qh 3s ] [ 4s ] Checked to me. I bet. BB calls, other folds.
RIVER is [ Jd Qh 3s 4s ] [ Tc ] Check. Check. BB shows Qd 8d and wins.

Hand 6
4c 5c UTG. I call. 2 MP's call. BB checks. 4 of us.
FLOP is [ Qs 9d Js ] Check, Check, Bet, Call. Fold and I fold.

Hand 7
Ad 2d in the BB. UTG calls. MP calls. SB calls. I raise. UTG re-raises. All call. 4 players for 12 SB's.
FLOP is [ 3s 6d Tc ] Checked around.
TURN is [ 3s 6d Tc ] [ Jd ] SB bets. I call. Both others fold.
RIVER is [ 3s 6d Tc Jd ] [ 8d ] SB bets. I raise. He re-raises. I re-raise. He calls. I win with A high flush. He had Kd Qd for the King high flush.

Hand 8
Js 6s in the CO. UTG calls. 2 MP's call. I call. Button folds. SB raises. BB folds. Everyone else calls. 5 players for 11 SB's.
FLOP is [ Ac Jd 2h ] SB bets. All call to me. I call.
TURN is [ Ac Jd 2h ] [ 9s ] Checked around.
RIVER is [ Ac Jd 2h 9s ] [ 4c ] Check, Check, Bet, Fold, I call. Other 2 fold. He shows Ad 8d and wins.

Hand 9
As 7s in the CO+1. Folded to me. I raise. Co folds. Button, SB and BB call. 4 players for 8 SB's.
FLOP is [ 2d Ah 5s ] Check, Check. I bet. All fold. I win.

Hand 10
7h 9h UTG. I call. CO and Button call. SB folds. BB checks.
FLOP is [ 5h Kd 6d ] Check, I check. CO bets. Button and BB fold. I call.
TURN is [ 5h Kd 6d ] [ Kh ] I Check. CO bets. I raise. He calls.
RIVER is [ 5h Kd 6d Kh ] [ 2h ] I Bet. He calls. My flush is good. He had Kc 7c.

JTG51
07-11-2003, 12:43 PM
Hand 1:

I'd fold preflop unless the blinds were extra tight. You played it fine post flop.

Hand 2:

Easy fold preflop.

Hand 3:

Fine

Hand 4:

Yuck. I don't like the preflop raise much, but I really don't like the post flop play. I'd check the flop, you have no chance to take it down with a bet. Then I'd fold on the turn. What did you think Button was betting that he'd fold to your check raise? The only reasonable draw for him to be betting is T8 (your favorite hand /forums/images/icons/smile.gif) or 86. Finally, I'd fold on the river. Did you really think he was betting one of those draws?

Hand 5:

I may raise preflop, and I may fold on the flop, depending on the opponents. Your play is reasonable though.

Hand 6:

Yuck, fold preflop. I don't care how loose or passive the game is, I don't think 5 high can be played profitably from UTG.

Hand 7:

What's up with raising little suited aces from the BB? You played it fine post flop.

Hand 8:

I'd fold preflop and on the river.

Hand 9:

Perfect.

Hand 10:

Fold before the flop and on the flop. If your opponent will bet a weak hand or a draw on the flop, then the turn check raise is fine. Against a passive opponent who will most likely have a K, the check raise is very bad.

CMangano
07-11-2003, 06:18 PM
Hand 1 - I would fold this hand everytime. If I did play, I would just call and hope everyone calls behind me. No way do I want to play this hand heads up. Not sure what you were doing on the flop or after, but I would for sure fold on the flop. Did you think SB was on a bluff?

Hand 2 - I would fold everytime, even if I thought MP was on a steal. This is a tough hand to play out of position and more often then not you are gonna lose. However, if I did call and thought MP was on a steal, I would play it the same as you did.

Hand 3 - Best case scenario is you raise and everyone folds, as anyone who calls has overcards to your pair. Not sure how you had the courage to play it like you did, but I give you credit for doing it. Though in the long run I can't believe this is a positive play.

Hand 4 - You get a free flop with a hand that loves a free flop, and you decide to raise? Not sure what your reasoning is. You're not going to knock out a bigger A and you're not gonna buy a free card on the flop. I think your play after the flop was very bad. You are betting with almost nothing, then you call with bottom pair.

Hand 5 - If I were going to play this I would raise it to hopefully narrow the field, but I think the call is ok. Raising with middle pair on the flop is trouble. Too many times you are gonna get shown a weak Q and a raise on the flop usually won't limit the field.

Hand 6 - I may be too tight, but I fold this. If I make a flush I can't bet it with any confidence, and there aren't enough cards that give me a straight draw. Plus, some of the cards that will give me a stright draw will have me drawing to the low end of the straight.

Hand 7 - Again, not sure why you raise with these hands that love a free flop. I think raising the turn for value would be ok here, but the call is fine also. River is straightforward.

Hand 8 - I fold everytime. There aren't a lot of hands you can make that will allow you bet aggressively (well, for me anyways). No straight possibilities, and your flush is 4th best, plus you have a J with a worthless kicker. Not sure why you called the flop or the river, but a fold pre-flop would have allowed you to avoid both.

Hand 9 - With no callers ahead of me, I will probably fold here. The only thing I really want to do with this hand is make a flush or trip 7's, maybe A's up. I wouldn't raise though, as a bigger A won't fold. The problem with this hand is when you flop an A, plenty of times you will get outkicked. It worked out for you here though, but really a small pot was all you could hope to win.

Hand 10 - Auto fold. If you make a flush you have a weak hand. Unless you make a 5-9 or 6-T straight, you will make the low side of a straight. And any pair you make you will have to fold. I guess the call on the flop is ok, you got your 5-9 gutshot, plus backdoor flush (though I would be praying for an os 8 at this point). Not sure about the value raise here. If you're gonna value raise, do it when you are raising to a strong hand (like the nuts in the hand above). If your opponent has a K with a weak kicker, he could have just filled up. What do you do if he reraises and then you make the flush on the end. I would call here and then call on the river if I make my flush or straight.

anatta
07-12-2003, 03:21 AM
Hand 1:
Raise or fold preflop depending on the blinds. I would play it the same post-flop.

Hand 2: Sometimes I defend with a hand like this, too. Well played post-flop.

Hand 3: It looks like the button is on to you. He calls again. Post-flop you got lucky. Lucky the button sucks.

Hand 4: Hmm. I would have lost a bit less on this one /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif .

Hand 7: This is what you were supposed to have in hand 4! I think they get it by now, and you don't need to vary your play pre-flop for the rest of the week.

Hands 6, 8, and 10 are too loose pre-flop. Post flop, fine except that river call in hand 8. Other hands are played as I would play them (these I modestly call "well played").

I am not sure why you are overvaluing suited cards like this. Tighten up, but overall you're play is strong.