PDA

View Full Version : My first problem with the ladies post

12-05-2005, 10:28 PM
Ok, here's the background. About a month ago this girl and I were drinking and hanging out, and she mentioned that her grandma was coming to visit, and she needed to pretend to have a boyfriend to keep her grandma from yelling at her. I volunteered, and she accepted. She left soon after, and I sent her a blacked-out drunken email telling her we should go on a "fake-date," since I had to be her fake boyfriend.

A week goes by, and she asks "so are you still interested in that fake-date?" I assume she means the fake-boyfriend thing, so I say yes, and then find the drunken email, so I assume she meant that offer. We go to see a concert, but we're with my roommates, so nothing happens.

A few weeks later, I ask her if she'd like to go to a formal with me. She says, "Well, see, I already have a back-up date to the formal, so it depends if I like you more than I like him. And he's gay." My friend points out that I am not gay, and she decides to go with me, making sure to tell me how disappointed her gay friend is.

This girl and I are friends, I see her in class all the time, etc. etc. I'm not good with women, and I'm pretty sure I [censored] this up good. Is the situation salvageable, or should I just go, get it over with, and write her off as datable?

Gunny Highway
12-05-2005, 10:30 PM
Get drunk. E-mail her...again.

Colonel Kataffy
12-05-2005, 10:31 PM
Tell her its time to fake [censored].

mason55
12-05-2005, 10:40 PM
Have sex with some fake livestock.

NorCalJosh
12-05-2005, 10:52 PM
first of all, if you come on a forum with a name like "donkeypuncher", none of your posts should include the words "i'm not good with women". come on now.

second of all, i'm not sure where exactly you think you [censored] up. i dont see any glaring errors, unless you left something out. want to elaborate on what part you feel like you [censored] up on?

12-05-2005, 10:54 PM
Wait, I think I've seen this one before. Was this an episode of The Facts of Life? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

fluxrad
12-05-2005, 11:03 PM
Tony Danza says...

http://img382.imageshack.us/img382/4825/homo7hd.jpg

Oblivious
12-05-2005, 11:07 PM
This girl sounds like shes even more desperate than you.

bad beetz
12-05-2005, 11:10 PM
Catch her her outside of class, look her straight in the eyes, and ask, CLEARLY, if she'd like to go on a REAL date. Have a time/place ready to go before you ask.... Wednesday.... 9.... drinks.... this bars..... Then go out with her and make sure you make a move while you're on the date..

Just be confident. You're probably not "good with women," only because you think you're "not good with women."

If she shuts you down, then she shuts you down, next hand. (This last thing is by far the most important thing to take away. Whittling away at a fear of rejection gives you something akin to a super power.

bwana devil
12-05-2005, 11:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"Well, see, I already have a back-up date to the formal, so it depends if I like you more than I like him."

[/ QUOTE ]

why are you trying to salvage this? if i asked a woman out and she told me i was her third choice (if im reading this right) to go out w/ id tell her that id hope her first choice works out.

it sounds like she has a first pick, gay guy is the back up and youre third string quarter back.

id tell her to fake off.

bwana

12-05-2005, 11:16 PM
Keep the flames coming. This'll teach me to make idiotic posts and to stop being a woman.

nothumb
12-05-2005, 11:17 PM
I think you should take her out, get her drunk, do her and then tell her she was your third-choice lay that night, but the other two couldn't get the babysitter to let them out of the house.

NT

man
12-06-2005, 12:00 AM
I don't think you've done anything wrong dude. have some confidence. while you're at it, I recommend trying to meet some other women. not because you'd have any interest in these women, but it will give you options. I'm not saying try to sleep with them, just meeting and talking to them is enough. it might also calm your nerves. good luck.

durron597
12-06-2005, 12:12 AM
You've already got an in... she's not telling you to go away, and she went with you to the formal instead of the friend she actually knows. Just take control of the situation... be like "ok, this friday we are going on our first real date", and you're set.

craig r
12-06-2005, 12:16 AM
This is a serious question. I am not trying to make fun of anybody. Do they have formals after high school?

craig

IggyWH
12-06-2005, 12:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This is a serious question. I am not trying to make fun of anybody. Do they have formals after high school?

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

There are frat/slutority formals, but I have a strong feeling this is a high school related question.

12-06-2005, 12:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, and the suckyness of the whole thing is magnified in college. I'd rather be kicked in the head.

ohnonotthat
12-06-2005, 12:48 AM
Listen to this guy. He knows of what he speaks.

I might suggest a slight adjustment - instead of asking her IF she wants to go on a real date I suggest you ask her if she [sic] would prefer Italian or Chineese for your first real date.

I'm not suggesting you be an ass but you do want to take charge of the situation.

- Chris

"You get more with a smile and a gun than you do with just a smile". (Unknown but often attributed to Baby-Face Nelson)

12-06-2005, 12:52 AM
Your play is as follows:

Take her out for drinks.
Get her drunk.
Take her back to someplace like an appartment or a house.
Try not to let her date-rape you

OtisTheMarsupial
12-06-2005, 02:11 AM
Sounds like she has a good sense of humor.

diebitter
12-06-2005, 02:20 AM
She wants you. REALLY wants you. It's pretty plain from what you've said about what she'd done/said.

Give the lady what she wants!

SteamingFish
12-06-2005, 02:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Sounds like she has a good sense of humor.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, to me, it sounded like she was flirting with you. I mean who says, "It depends if I like you more than I like him" in earnest? I liked a couple of the other suggestions in this thread, pick one and go for it, Dude!