PDA

View Full Version : $400 6 max: Nut flush draw and pair out of position

12-05-2005, 09:39 PM
Villain is 35/18/2. The min. raise is his standard raise from all positions. He has a very hard time folding top pair or better, and makes continuation bets on almost all flops.

If he was paying attention, he'd see me as 28/16/3 due to a nice run of cards.

- <font color="red">HERO sitting in seat 1(Big Blind) with $458.60 </font>
- <font color="red">UTG sitting in seat 2 with $447.59
</font> - CO sitting in seat 3 with $382.00
- BUTTON sitting in seat 4 with $240.57 [Dealer]
- SB sitting in seat 6 with $80.00

SB posted the small blind - $2.00
<font color="red">HERO posted the big blind - $4.00 </font>
** Dealing card to HERO: 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif, A /images/graemlins/club.gif
UTG raised - $8.00
CO folded
BUTTON called - $8.00
SB folded
<font color="red">HERO called - $4.00 </font>

** Dealing the flop: 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif ($26)
<font color="red">HERO checked </font>
UTG bet - $16.00
BUTTON folded
<font color="red">HERO raised - $50.00 </font>
VILLAIN called - $50.00

** Dealing the turn: 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($126)
<font color="red">HERO ??? </font>

12-05-2005, 09:47 PM
lead the flop or just check-call the flop. check-raising the flop gets u into trouble and u won't know what to do when you don't hit on the turn. you don't really want to play a big pot with just a flush draw. as played, bet 100 on the turn and hope villain lays down a K.

aggie
12-05-2005, 09:50 PM
You're probably behind, but i'd bet again. $90 seems right. Against normal opponents i think this is clearly the right play. Since this guy has trouble folding top pair though it's a little bit closer (i think)....But i still like taking the aggressive approach and betting...

Also, i'd prefer to just lead out on this flop (instead of checkraising). You're hand becomes much easier to play when you don't build up a big pot out of position against a guy who likes calling a little too much.