PDA

View Full Version : small pot OOP

jt1
12-05-2005, 09:35 PM
Prima $1/2 - The LAG always bets when checked to. He doesn't bluff raise. He sees every flop.

LAG open limps MP1
Hero completes in sb with T2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
BB checks (loose passive)

(3sb) K /images/graemlins/heart.gif K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Hero checks
BB checks
LAG bets
Hero raises
BB folds
LAG calls

(3bb) 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Hero bets

I think this is standard, but another 2+2'er thinks the pot is to small to fight for.

waffle
12-05-2005, 09:38 PM
i like it, then again, i will sometimes do this with ace high on this board against this guy /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

shadow29
12-05-2005, 09:39 PM
Hi jt1,

I don't complete pf with only one limper, but whatever. This pot is too small, in my opinion, to fight for. This sentiment might change if we were HU, in which case I would likely c/c down.

John

thesharpie
12-05-2005, 10:58 PM
I don't see how the complete can be profitable with the high rake at 1/2. Postflop looks good with the read. What's the river plan when a blank falls?

jt1
12-06-2005, 12:56 AM
preflop is bad, imo. I wasn't the Hero. If the LAG calls the turn, I'd give up. ???

BTW, for those who think that betting or cr'ing here is bad, I want to ask the question, what's the difference between betting a marginal hand oop in the blinds to win a small pot and raising in the sb to win the blinds?

12-06-2005, 01:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
preflop is bad, imo. I wasn't the Hero. If the LAG calls the turn, I'd give up. ???

BTW, for those who think that betting or cr'ing here is bad, I want to ask the question, what's the difference between betting a marginal hand oop in the blinds to win a small pot and raising in the sb to win the blinds?

[/ QUOTE ]

5 more cards to come

callydrias
12-06-2005, 03:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If he always bets when checked to and won't bluff raise, then you have to bet/fold the river if he calls the turn.

donger
12-06-2005, 03:42 AM
Why are you checkraising this flop? You are getting a loose-aggressive player emotionally involved when he's in-position and building a pot for him to fight for. You have the shittiest possible paired holding.

Just bet the flop.

callydrias
12-06-2005, 03:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why are you checkraising this flop? You are getting a loose-aggressive player emotionally involved when he's in-position and building a pot for him to fight for. You have the shittiest possible paired holding.

Just bet the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yay, Quick Reply. This was supposed to be directed to OP.

donger
12-06-2005, 03:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Just bet the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yay, Quick Reply. This was supposed to be directed to OP.

[/ QUOTE ]

how is there any confusion? what hand would people think i was talking about?

jt1
12-06-2005, 10:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Just bet the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't think to mention that villian would also peel on any flop.

jt1
12-06-2005, 10:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5 more cards to come

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand this reply. If anything that there is 5 more cards to come instead of just 2 should reduce our aggression.

12-06-2005, 11:12 AM
I like it. Got to play some poker.

27offsooot
12-06-2005, 12:08 PM
i play it the same. Sometimes i will lead the flop, but if LAG will auto peel and bet when checked to, i like a c/r better. I bet the turn, and bet most rivers as well. A high will call if he's bad enough.

wackjob
12-06-2005, 12:56 PM
fold PF.