PDA

View Full Version : 97s

PokerBob
12-05-2005, 09:15 PM
i have played about 5 orbits...tol b iny is sweating me....i have nothing on button here....thoughts?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.33 SB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>........boringly standard?

admiralfluff
12-05-2005, 09:17 PM
tolbiny?

Yeah, this is my standard.

waffle
12-05-2005, 09:20 PM
i definitely do the same. lately, i've been wondering: with both an A and a T on board, it seems like our chances of moving him off his hand are pretty reduced. like, i feel that we'd take it down on the turn a bunch if the flop was all rags with two diamonds. but on this board.. not so much. eh. i'm going to keep c/ring anyway =P

milesdyson
12-05-2005, 09:24 PM
i wish it were A84 instead of AT4. he's basically going to peel with all his broadway cards (KQ/KJ/QJ), and he'll certainly call down with KT/QT/JT. in other words im sad to see a J/Q/K turn and i don't know if leading on these cards is the best idea. but i think the flop is still good because he will have to fold on a majority of turn cards.

callydrias
12-05-2005, 09:34 PM
I sometimes alternate the c/r line with a bet/3-bet on the flop (lead turn if he doesn't cap the flop). I'm also a bit over aggro sometimes.

(Edit: because sometimes I leave words out too)

Alexthegreat
12-05-2005, 09:44 PM
Do you checkraise the flop with an A here??

Checkraising here seems so FOS to me, but the alternatives aren't very good either.

callydrias
12-05-2005, 09:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If I have an ace? Yes. A lot.

jt1
12-05-2005, 09:50 PM
How about this line: c/r flop, cc turn, lead river if turn is checked through?

This prevents Aces from raising us on the turn while still giving us a chance to win the pot for just one more bet.

Alexthegreat
12-05-2005, 09:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

why?

PokerBob
12-05-2005, 09:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

PokerBob
12-05-2005, 09:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

why?

[/ QUOTE ]

so i can do it with nothing.

callydrias
12-05-2005, 09:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

why?

[/ QUOTE ]

In short, if Villain doesn't have an A, I want him to fold the flop after throwing in a SB first, not before. Villain is almost certain to fire a continuation bet in this steal situation and there are lots of stealing hands that we're ahead of with a pair of A's. I also get a few calldowns from people who don't believe the checkraise and that's pretty nice too.

Why not?

Alexthegreat
12-05-2005, 10:04 PM
Hmmm. I don't know. Isn't having an ace here WA/WB??

Kind of a thread hi-jack, so we can go back to your hand.

If you checkraise this flop with an ace, then you should be checkraising this flop with a flush draw.
I lead the flop here, and just check-call the turn if he raises. I lead the turn if he calls. It seems to work unless he has an A or a pair, which he is showing down no matter what flop, so it doesn't matter.

PokerBob
12-05-2005, 10:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hmmm. I don't know. Isn't having an ace here WA/WB??

Kind of a thread hi-jack, so we can go back to your hand.

If you checkraise this flop with an ace, then you should be checkraising this flop with a flush draw.
I lead the flop here, and just check-call the turn if he raises. I lead the turn if he calls. It seems to work unless he has an A or a pair, which he is showing down no matter what flop, so it doesn't matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, he is auto-betting any flop here regardless of his holding. if i c/r with an A, i get an extra bet out of him. also, i don't agree that he is showing down any pair here. ther is an A and a draw on the board. there are sooooo may cards that can come to hurt his hand, not to mention that he may already be virtually dead.

i sometimes will c/r A-high flops with total air. i like keeping fellas who wanna get cute with my blind off balance.

Alexthegreat
12-05-2005, 10:27 PM
I totally missed that he was the button, stealing from you.

carry on.

RED_RAIN
12-06-2005, 01:30 AM
For anyone who is saying to bet/3 bet flop against an unknown, or check/raise flop, check/raise turn, lead river, you are very far wrong.

There is a major concept that you are missing.

DO NOT make a small pot a big pot with 9 high with a draw. This is a big concept that will make you lose tons later on in limits.

PokerBob
12-06-2005, 02:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
For anyone who is saying to bet/3 bet flop against an unknown, or check/raise flop, check/raise turn, lead river, you are very far wrong.

There is a major concept that you are missing.

DO NOT make a small pot a big pot with 9 high with a draw. This is a big concept that will make you lose tons later on in limits.

[/ QUOTE ]

what line do you advocate?

RED_RAIN
12-06-2005, 03:16 AM
I like either a check/raise or bet into him on flop. With 5 orbitz you probably know how the table is playing. If it's often get PFR then check/folded or in other words passive in these small pots, I'd like a check/raise.

If they are going aggressive, I'd go for a bet and call a raise. I don't want to be 3 bet here a ton.

For the check/raise, I'd probably bet the turn if it's not a KQJ or if it's our flush. If it hits one of our pairs, I'd check.

For the bet and if we get called or raised, I'd probably check the turn and call. Bet if our flush comes.