PDA

View Full Version : A semi-rock, I took BB's stack earlier...

Maulik
12-05-2005, 08:24 PM
vpip 31.6/ pfr 1.92

This was a villain from earlier where I took his stack, I don't remember the situation but it wasn't an outdraw.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 4 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

BB ($117)
UTG ($111.50)
Hero ($228.13)
SB ($49)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $15</font>, Hero calls $12.

Flop: ($32.50) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $21</font>, Hero calls $21.

Turn: ($74.50) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $21</font>,
Hero pushes for the rest $121.

River: (231) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: $231

edit:fixed

EMcWilliams
12-05-2005, 08:27 PM
Might need to fix the hand.

PoBoy321
12-05-2005, 08:30 PM
With those stats, I fold to the pre-flop reraise.

wdeadwyler
12-05-2005, 08:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
With those stats, I fold to the pre-flop reraise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont like it, looks like hero is ahead here, but if he is not, I dont think villain is dumping his hand. Why not just call down and bet river if villain checks to him? What better hands are you gonna get villain to fold? What are you protecting against. I hate it.
I also strongly consider folding preflop, but once Im at the flop, Ill just call him down.

I still cant get over the turn push, will he fold AK there? Likely not... Can he have AQ in that spot. Eww

Edit: Actually, I definately fold preflop.

Maulik
12-05-2005, 09:16 PM
Clearly I am not demonstrating that I was stealing his blinds and stacked the villain. He could be raising w/ a much wider range of hands against me in the BB, knowing my range is big...

Perhaps the turn push is terrible--what worse hand calls, I'm not sure Ax-J. Nonetheless, PF I'm not folding to this villain given the stacking and my constant raising of his blinds...

12-06-2005, 01:33 AM
When I see the words semi-rock, I instantly say KA or better, and you're behind the whole way.

wdeadwyler
12-06-2005, 01:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Perhaps the turn push is terrible--what worse hand calls, I'm not sure Ax-J. Nonetheless, PF I'm not folding to this villain given the stacking and my constant raising of his blinds...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, the turn push is terrible, any hand you are beating is drawing WAAAAY behind you, and he is more than charging himself for them. All the hands you are beating are going knowhere. Why not let him continue to bet?

I still think you should fold preflop, I simply dont see him reppopping with less than 1010, and there is nothing in his reraise range you are AHEAD of ( I think so at least)

Hypothetical,

If hero calls turn (which I think is best), and villain checks to hero on a non q or k river, how much should hero bet, if any at all?

Maulik
12-06-2005, 12:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If hero calls turn (which I think is best), and villain checks to hero on a non q or k river, how much should hero bet, if any at all?

[/ QUOTE ]

Check behind.

Villain had 22 for a frustrated Maulik /images/graemlins/mad.gif

wdeadwyler
12-06-2005, 12:45 PM
What would you have done if villain made a real bet on the turn, say half pot or so?

12-06-2005, 12:49 PM
Unexpected hand for villain to turn over, I fold preflop as well, but I really didn't expect a suckout.

cambraceres

Maulik
12-06-2005, 12:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What would you have done if villain made a real bet on the turn, say half pot or so?

[/ QUOTE ]

a solid player would fold /images/graemlins/wink.gif

djoyce003
12-06-2005, 01:20 PM
his hand looked like KK....that just didn't want to fold, but I probably call there and let him keep firing...you are wa/wb right.....standard is to call down.

12-06-2005, 01:28 PM
I would push the flop, the pot is big enough, no need to try to extract more. But folding preflop is probably best, you're only in for 4 dollars, not commited, if he's tilting find a better spot. You found that better spot after the flop, too bad he hit on turn.

wdeadwyler
12-06-2005, 01:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would push the flop, the pot is big enough, no need to try to extract more.

[/ QUOTE ]
Horrible advice
[ QUOTE ]

But folding preflop is probably best, you're only in for 4 dollars, not commited, if he's tilting find a better spot. You found that better spot after the flop, too bad he hit on turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
Good advice