PDA

View Full Version : Flushdraw 4th street

12-05-2005, 08:11 PM
And my second and last question is .. Flushdraws .. lets start assuming it is live

You call bring in ... and miss 4th street by a mile

Now what I am asking is this: Under which circumstances do you call a bet here (Potsize, opponents (and If draw is not totally live, how dead can it be ??))

preiserone
12-05-2005, 09:07 PM
If your cards stay fairly live, your opponents don't appear to improve greatly, you pair, your cards are high, or the pot is pretty big you should stay for 5th.
Your cards being live is probably most important but more often than not if you stayed for forth you should stay for fifth.

I think 7csfap says to call about 60% of the time.

BeerMoney
12-05-2005, 09:14 PM
Pretty much what Preiser said.

I look for reasons to stay..

Did I pair up?
Do I have high cards?
Str8 Possibilities?
Was is a raised pot on 3rd?
Are my cards live?
Am I gonna get lucky?
etc..

12-05-2005, 09:19 PM
Heh .. that doesn't sound very hard .. but basically what you are saying is to see if the hand has any value other than the flushdraw

If it doesn't then only call large pots else feel free to take to fifth

Makes sense .. thanks

12-06-2005, 11:35 AM
I think you want to keep in mind that you can only tolerate putting in one small bet. So, your position is important. If you're last to call, that makes it easier to put money in and especially if there are many limpers.

And further to liveness of the cards, having overcards is important.

As far as when to fold, if you're early and there are players behind who could raise then I say fold just about any 3 card flush and count your money.

BTW, re.: One last question. Pls do keep them up.