PDA

View Full Version : Bet this river? Fold to a raise?

@bsolute_luck
12-05-2005, 07:42 PM
just sat down but seems pretty ABC and full of LPs
$1/$2 10-handed

Hero is BB A/images/graemlins/diamond.gifT/images/graemlins/club.gif

Preflop: 4 limps, Hero checks

Flop T/images/graemlins/heart.gif4/images/graemlins/spade.gif6/images/graemlins/spade.gif
<font color="red">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="red">MP1 raises, Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls

Turn T/images/graemlins/spade.gif
<font color="red">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls

River Q/images/graemlins/club.gif
<font color="blue">Hero????</font>

milesdyson
12-05-2005, 07:44 PM
fold to a raise? what? no

Greg J
12-05-2005, 07:49 PM
Seems pretty straightforward. Value bet the river and most certainly do NOT fold to a raise.

tyler_cracker
12-05-2005, 07:50 PM
Yeah, i don't get it. Bet/call. Am i missing something?

@bsolute_luck
12-05-2005, 07:54 PM
yeah you're missing something: possible slow played flush. if he raises this river, what do you think he has?

Shillx
12-05-2005, 08:05 PM
I would check/raise here. Others can hopefully elaborate...or probably flame. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Edited to say that I'd check/raise a lot of hands here. Any flush, trips, FH and very rarely as a bluff.

@bsolute_luck
12-05-2005, 08:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would check/raise here. Others can hopefully elaborate...or probably flame. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

well there's a line i never considered /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Vote4Pedro
12-05-2005, 08:13 PM
so you bet/called and he showed you a flush?

edit: regardless, you shouldt be folding

@bsolute_luck
12-05-2005, 08:23 PM
i'm not telling yet what the results were or what i did or what villain did, but i was wondering all different things here.

i'm in a rather long downswing, so i have MUBS bad. so i'm not sure if i should bet/fold, check/call, bet/call. which is why i'm asking. maybe betting the turn was wrong /images/graemlins/confused.gif but i thought it was standard.

i guess maybe the turn is a question too. because i put him on 4 things: a set, a T, a mid pair (99-77), or a FD. well he didn't cap my flop bet so i ruled out a set. then that T/images/graemlins/spade.gif comes.

well if he has 88-66, he'll probably fold if i bet, a FD he raising, but what if he's raising with a worse T??

then the river comes i figure he's either got:
1. slowplayed flush
2. JT,KT
3. rivered full house.
4. still hoping he may have a mid pair, but unlikely

so that's where i am.

shant
12-05-2005, 08:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I like this line but I'm not so sure he will bet. It sure seems he has a weaker T and is afraid of the flush.

12-05-2005, 08:55 PM
Isn't that turn bet mandatory?

And at these levels, do you often see guys slow play a f/d? I don't.

And I'd bet/call.

12-05-2005, 09:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I like this line but I'm not so sure he will bet. It sure seems he has a weaker T and is afraid of the flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good line provided we can fold to a three-bet, right? Else it gets in three when we're behind, and two when we're ahead.

12-05-2005, 09:41 PM
bet/call

he has JJ

12-05-2005, 10:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Isn't that turn bet mandatory?

And at these levels, do you often see guys slow play a f/d? I don't.

And I'd bet/call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you mean slow play a flush (not draw)? It looks like the free card play on the flop (said it was ABC). His call of the 3-bet seems like it is saying "I have a flush draw." Nevertheless, I bet call too, hoping he has the weak T.

@bsolute_luck
12-05-2005, 11:04 PM
well bet/calling seems to be the way to play this hand. i put him on a flush draw on the flop and figured he was just waiting for the river to raise. or a worse pair that might bluff at the river.

anyway i check/called the river and he showed QT for the rivered full house.

milesdyson
12-05-2005, 11:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
anyway i check/called the river

[/ QUOTE ]
eww.. but you know this

Shillx
12-06-2005, 12:04 AM
Yeah I figured he had Tx here. A passive isn't going to raise the flop for a free card and then just call with a flush. It would be the other way around. I like the way he played his hand* though I still like a check/raise in your spot. Sucks that the river came down as it did, but you have to think that you are ~75/25 on the end with trips + top kicker.

* - Edit to say that he could have just called the flop as well.

SCfuji
12-06-2005, 12:45 AM
you say full of LPs so they will call more than they bet so i bet. i dont think you need to get tricky here.