PDA

View Full Version : I can't help but brag...

J.A.Sucker
12-05-2005, 07:21 PM
I made a prop bet with El Diablo, King of Proposition wagers, and took his sorry soul behind the woodshed this weekend. All hail The Sucker!

I believe this is the second time he has EVER lost a prop bet, and I have a career 1-0 record on these things with him.

Gift of Gab, I will be holding a seminar in the near future. I encourage you and Boris to attend. If any others want to learn to get rich at Diablo's expense, you should attend too.

miajag81
12-05-2005, 07:23 PM
This is a pretty lame post if you're not going to tell us what the bet was.

kenberman
12-05-2005, 07:23 PM
what was the bet?

J.A.Sucker
12-05-2005, 07:25 PM
First of all, I think you are missing the point. Second of all, I will let Diablo say what the bet was, for further humiliation.

stabn
12-05-2005, 07:40 PM
Sucker,

Congrats. How much are you charging for this seminar?

Mike Gallo
12-05-2005, 07:42 PM
Congrats.

TheWorstPlayer
12-05-2005, 08:01 PM
Wagers on whether or not El D fesses up to the details of said prop bet? I'm giving 1.5:1 against.

edtost
12-05-2005, 08:07 PM
Wagers on whether El D claims to have actually won the bet by some technicality?

imported_ncray
12-05-2005, 08:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wagers on whether or not El D fesses up to the details of said prop bet? I'm giving 1.5:1 against.

[/ QUOTE ]

I should take this wager and make a deal with El D. Instant profit /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ulysses
12-05-2005, 08:26 PM
All: Idiotic $100 bet. Knowing that USC and Texas both score over 50 a game, I somehow still agreed to take the under on 55 being the over/under. I did not give this any logical thought at all before accepting, nor did I have any knowledge of typical college football betting lines. Checking lines today, this one is at 70 and almost all the bowl games are over 50. Sick. Obviously, I was very drunk when the bet went down. Adding further insult to injury, Sucker was willing to let me buy out for $50 at the bar and I didn't take that. Idiotic.

ed: That's ridiculous. My friends and I all own up and insta-pay anytime we lose any wager. You must hang out w/ douches.

PS: The other prop bet I lost was Daunte Culpepper's weight. I think I took the under on 240. Turns out he's 260. I thought he would be about 230.

PPS: Everything ended up working out great, though, thanks to PARTY BLACKJACK, PARTY BLACKJACK DOOODOOODODOOOOOO!!!!!

Luv2DriveTT
12-05-2005, 09:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

PPS: Everything ended up working out great, though, thanks to PARTY BLACKJACK, PARTY BLACKJACK DOOODOOODODOOOOOO!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

this is worth quoting for obvious reasons.

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

lapoker17
12-05-2005, 09:15 PM
Diablo:

What's the definition of proposition bets? Given their connotation, I'm not sure a bet regarding the published line on a sporting event counts. This was merely a "sports" bet.

Trying to help you keep your near-perfect record,
lapoker17

PS 55? WTF?

BottlesOf
12-05-2005, 09:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Diablo:

What's the definition of proposition bets? Given their connotation, I'm not sure a bet regarding the published line on a sporting event counts. This was merely a "sports" bet.

Trying to help you keep your near-perfect record,
lapoker17

PS 55? WTF?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo, I was going to post this. Here is the techinicality. There are several types of bets one can make on sporting events. Straight wagers with a spread, moneylines, over/unders, propositions etc. I think an O/U is a category distincit to a prop, which refers to non-score related betting things, such as how many TDs will Vince Young rush for.

J.A.Sucker
12-05-2005, 09:43 PM
Hi JBB,

The bet is a prop, because the line hadn't come out yet. We're betting on that, nothing more.

Sucker

J.A.Sucker
12-05-2005, 09:44 PM
E.D.,

Doodleeedooodleeedoo

Josh W
12-05-2005, 09:54 PM
J.A. (and el D) -

You know this will just mean you need to buy a few more rounds, right?

Admiringly yours,

Josh W

Michael Davis
12-05-2005, 09:54 PM
This is not too surprising, especially after seeing Diablo come with weakness in an IM conversation with Schneids posted in BBV. He must be off his game lately, personal problems or something.

-Michael

Ulysses
12-05-2005, 10:07 PM
JA,

I have not seen any of their commercials recently, but I am pretty sure "Doodleeedooodleeedoo" is incorrect Party music.

BottlesOf
12-05-2005, 11:24 PM
Ah, I didn't understand. Carry on.

Gunny Highway
12-06-2005, 09:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
All: Idiotic $100 bet. Knowing that USC and Texas both score over 50 a game, I somehow still agreed to take the under on 55 being the over/under. I did not give this any logical thought at all before accepting, nor did I have any knowledge of typical college football betting lines. Checking lines today, this one is at 70 and almost all the bowl games are over 50. Sick. Obviously, I was very drunk when the bet went down. Adding further insult to injury, Sucker was willing to let me buy out for $50 at the bar and I didn't take that. Idiotic.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a subject the Blue Devil had no knowledge of? /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

As a result of this bet, Diablo & Sucker are no longer fitting names. El Diablo should have to change his moniker to El Sucker for a week. And Sucker can be J.A. Diablo. Mods?

burningyen
12-06-2005, 10:28 AM
At Juilliard it was taught to me as "doodoodoo dooo dooo dooo dooo dooo dooo doooooah."

KaneKungFu123
12-06-2005, 02:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

ed: That's ridiculous. My friends and I all own up and insta-pay anytime we lose any wager. You must hang out w/ douches.

PS: The other prop bet I lost was Daunte Culpepper's weight. I think I took the under on 240. Turns out he's 260. I thought he would be about 230.

[/ QUOTE ]

I cant believe you thought Dante Culpepper was 230 lbs. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

TheWorstPlayer
12-06-2005, 02:50 PM
Yes, that dude is huge. No matter how little thought you put into your prop betting this one was too easy.

augie00
12-06-2005, 03:49 PM
Diablo,

When you sing your PARTY BLACKJACK, PARTY BLACKJACK song, do you sing it as if it were the music in the party commercials?

Ulysses
12-06-2005, 04:43 PM
augie,

Yes.