PDA

View Full Version : I moved my poker setup and I noticed something.

Slim Pickens
12-05-2005, 07:04 PM
In order to get away from the frenetic channel-surfing across European football highlight shows that goes on in my living room, I moved my monitor and chair into my bedroom over the weekend. Before, I would 6-table the 55's, AIM people, watch the highlights (despite not giving a care about soccer), listen to music, and occasionally talk on the phone. It didn't seem like too much of a brain-fry either.

Last night, I played my first two 6-table sets in my room: no music, no TV, no AIM (maybe a little), no rabbit-watching. It nearly blew my mind. All this information about poker was coming into my head from the screens that I hadn't ever seen before: reads on players, pots abandoned on my BB, exploitable HU opponents, etc. +5BI with a two massive suckout losses too. Maybe I just had a good couple of sets, but I thought I'd share. For those of you claiming distractions don't phase you, have you tried playing without them?

skipperbob
12-05-2005, 07:09 PM
You might want to use the "hundo" as a downpayment on professional psy-help /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

12-05-2005, 08:29 PM
<--------- ur the guy on the left

Freudian
12-05-2005, 08:32 PM
I think everyone knows distractions are bad for your poker. But it is good preventing suicidal tendencies.

When I 8-table most of my attention are on the tables, but I usually have TV on my third screen or music in winamp.

12-05-2005, 08:32 PM
Gimmick accounts suck.

microbet
12-05-2005, 08:38 PM
And you thought I just turned off IM while I played because I am so old.

12-05-2005, 08:39 PM
This is very saddening cuz I dont play with distractions and I still suck.

zaphod
12-05-2005, 09:13 PM
Thank you. I was just planning on moving my PC to my livingroom so that i could watch some TV while playing poker. I guess i wait a while.