PDA

View Full Version : double slowplayed... River ok?

berz
12-05-2005, 07:02 PM
I liked my 3bet on the river, a friend didn't agree. What do you think?

UTG is loose weird. 75/5 preflop, strange aggresion numbers, but seems to get more aggresive on the expensive streets. Seen him cap second pair top kicker on the turn, but also call down with TPTK all the way on a only diamonds flop.

Button is 60/7, low aggresion on all streets except on the turn. Have, after 50 hands, 2 notes saying he slowplayed TPWK until the turn. He won't lay down toppair or similar hands, even if it's obvious he's beaten.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, Button checks.

Turn: (2 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

River: (14 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG takes a few seconds and raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets...</font>

Final Pot: 23 BB

callydrias
12-05-2005, 07:06 PM
Good 3-bet. I hope you were only up against Ax, and 7x, not 7's full.

gehrig
12-05-2005, 07:09 PM
HU against a normal opponent that's a bad river 3bet. with this guy being crazy and the button giving you an overlay it looks easy

Nick C
12-05-2005, 07:19 PM
The fact that A7 beats you is a worry, but UTG is so loose that he's probably playing a lot of other 7's as well (including, unfortunately, Q7). Let's hope he also plays his own hand and doesn't worry about what the action around him might mean.

Anyway, given your read, I think there's a good enough chance (especially with Button still in) that UTG's river raise means, approximately, "Maybe you didn't notice my turn call/cap; I flopped trips, dammit" for you to go ahead and 3-bet.

Alexthegreat
12-05-2005, 08:11 PM
I like it. UTG may have rivered you, but based on your reads, he would raise the river with all the sevens you beat as well, so yeah, good 3-bet.