PDA

View Full Version : Trying to mix it up...stupid villian won't fold overpair

Denutz
12-05-2005, 06:48 PM
Recent hand on Party $400NL - I don't really have any reads on villian, other than I think I know exactly what his preflop raise means. Effective stacks are both ~400.

I'd appreciate comments on all-streets, especially the turn. Should I have just taken the odds he was offering, or was the c/r a good idea - I figured I had some fold equity.

Couldn't get the card converter to work, so here goes:

I raise UTG to 12 with 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Folds around to Villian in MP who makes it $40 ($26 raise). What hand range do you put him on there (I put him on one of 3 hands). I figure I've got a good hand to crack with, call.

Flop: T /images/graemlins/spade.gif6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Check, $50 bet, I call.

Turn: 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Giving me gutshot, flush and I'm almost positive I'm still good if I hit any 6 or 7.

I check, Villian bets $100, I check raise to $250 - he puts me all in...

What would you have done on the turn? Fold preflop? Flame away...

ahnuld
12-05-2005, 07:13 PM
I dont hate a call preflop or on the flop, but its not great. I think I cr turn allin so he cant get you out. If he calls, wtv, just play your sets the same way.

If you have a read before hand that villan doesnt fold his overpairs, just fold on the flop.

xorbie
12-05-2005, 07:33 PM
Flop call is terrible. You call 10% of your stack preflop, you cannot be calling big bets looking for runner runner.

Phoenix1010
12-05-2005, 07:44 PM
Don't try crap like this without a read, especially out of position. You'll thank me later. Fold preflop, twice if it's a full table. Fold the flop. check raise the turn all-in.

tdomeski
12-05-2005, 07:47 PM
preflop call is bad as you won't outplay him when you miss...flop call is worse...turn c/r for that amount is pretty bad too...i don't mind c/r on turn but if you do you have to just push it all in...this move will help when you flop sets too

i hope you hit

Bukem_
12-05-2005, 07:49 PM
Its good because once you do this about 30 more times, you finally realize you are burning money and it never works.

fuzzbox
12-05-2005, 07:52 PM
Thats too much stack preflop with such a hand OOP.
As it was, if you check/raise turn then check/raise all-in, and at least you had plenty of outs !!

beset7
12-05-2005, 08:00 PM
Someone told me a while ago that as soon as I removed the thoughts "get opponent to fold an overpair" or "get opponent to fold TPTK" from my brain when playing small and mid-stakes NL my win-rate would go way up (was that you TWP?). It has worked wonders.

Fold the flop.