PDA

View Full Version : Flava Flav Miller Lite Commercial

GrooveNougat
12-05-2005, 06:30 PM
Is this not the greatest commercial of all time?

Flav commercial link (http://www.tastetrial.com/)

You have to get past the age thing and then click on "Taste Expert" to get to the commercial.

Edge34
12-05-2005, 06:31 PM
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaah boyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

trying2learn
12-05-2005, 06:32 PM
Gene Simmons has one as part of the same campaign...it's really funny too.

astroglide
12-05-2005, 06:35 PM
it's not remotely close to the greatest of all time. i wasn't even amused.

miajag81
12-05-2005, 06:38 PM
It's a lot funnier if you're in your 2nd year of law school and learning about expert witnesses in Evidence class when you first see it.

craig r
12-05-2005, 06:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's a lot funnier if you're in your 2nd year of law school and learning about expert witnesses in Evidence class when you first see it.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is probably the demographic they were going after /images/graemlins/smile.gif .

craig

GrooveNougat
12-05-2005, 06:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
it's not remotely close to the greatest of all time. i wasn't even amused.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, maybe I exaggerated a little, but I thought it was dope. This one's cool too:

Honda Ad (http://www.ebaumsworld.com/flash/honda-ad.html)

LBJ
12-05-2005, 06:41 PM
It's decently funny. Flava Flav's the man, though....so even my biased opinion sees this commercial as "decent".

B Dids
12-05-2005, 06:43 PM
The Simmons one is better.

craig r
12-05-2005, 06:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's decently funny. Flava Flav's the man, though....so even my biased opinion sees this commercial as "decent".

[/ QUOTE ]

Over the last few years his "the manness" has definitely went away for me. Good thing I always liked Chuck D more.

craig

12-05-2005, 06:57 PM
The first time it ran, I thought it was pretty sad that Flav had sunk even lower than the reality show on VH1. Then next time, I thought it was pretty funny.

12-05-2005, 07:09 PM
OOOT...I was gonna start a "Favorite/least favorite commercials" thread but wasn't sure what kind of reaction it'd get...FTR: my fav: that nextel commercial where the guys are in the office meeting room dancing to Salt & Pepa's "Push It"; least fav: those freakin' Fitness Made Simple commercials with that moran John Basedow

WackityWhiz
12-05-2005, 07:13 PM
I think it's funny how in every scene he has his stomach facing kinda sideways while he's looking straight at the camera..

it never fails

Eurotrash
12-05-2005, 07:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
OOOT...I was gonna start a "Favorite/least favorite commercials" thread but wasn't sure what kind of reaction it'd get...FTR: my fav: that nextel commercial where the guys are in the office meeting room dancing to Salt & Pepa's "Push It"; least fav: those freakin' Fitness Made Simple commercials with that moran John Basedow

[/ QUOTE ]

that Push It commercial is very funny.

as for the one in the OP, that one made me laugh (so did the Gene Simmons version), but I doubt you could say they're the greatest commercials of all time.

some of my favorite commercials are actually ads for the PGA Tour - maybe some of the golf fans in here can relate. there was a Nissan spot from a couple years ago I really liked too. i'm not sure if anybody remembers it, but it parodies a mafia hit and the unfortunate victim is getting pelted with water balloons in slow motion

12-05-2005, 07:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think it's funny how in every scene he has his stomach facing kinda sideways while he's looking straight at the camera..

it never fails

[/ QUOTE ]

If South Park holds another Biggest Doosh of the Universe, this guy should be Earth's nominee

http://www.fitnessmadesimple.com/photos/2.jpg

pokerlaw
12-05-2005, 07:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed /images/graemlins/smile.gif

The other miller light commercial where the crowd chimes in "less filling" after the lawyer says "tastes great," followed by the lawyer yelling "OH NO YOU DIDNT!" is funnier though. Not that a funny commericial ever will get me to drink a miller light over a Sam Adams /images/graemlins/smile.gif

wonderwes
12-05-2005, 09:06 PM
It is a great commercial. Bud light has had some good ones, but this one puts Miller Lite in the front running.

There is so MANY bad commericals being repeated over and over on nationally televised sports games. This one does get old.

However, the recent run of Jack-in-the-Box ads I would give the gold medal for. The holiday Jack balls, the poker table with jack, william hung and gary coleman, and the ad where Jack is arguing with the register girl about the Jack cash card.

private joker
12-05-2005, 10:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Honda Ad (http://www.ebaumsworld.com/flash/honda-ad.html)

[/ QUOTE ]

I wanted to create a new thread for this, but decided against it. Anyway,

Here is a link (http://www.the118118experience.com/)

to a hilarious british website. When you click it, wait for the awesome intro, then click ENTER -- find the top right video screen and click on it, and you'll see a most fantastic spoof of the Honda ad quoted above. If you like British humor, this is just genius.

TheMainEvent
12-05-2005, 10:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The Simmons one is better.

[/ QUOTE ]

battschr
12-05-2005, 10:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaah boyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

[/ QUOTE ]

GrooveNougat
12-06-2005, 01:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

to a hilarious british website. When you click it, wait for the awesome intro, then click ENTER -- find the top right video screen and click on it, and you'll see a most fantastic spoof of the Honda ad quoted above. If you like British humor, this is just genius.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty cool. Reminds me of Ron Burgundy for some reason...

nothumb
12-06-2005, 01:59 AM
After further review, I'm going to have to say the Flava Flav one is still my favorite. I think it's a very good commercial, although Miller Lite is one of my least favorite beers E-VAR.

NT

DiamondDave
12-08-2005, 10:18 PM
I prefer the Bacardi & Cola "You Bet Your Life" commercial.