PDA

View Full Version : L5, TPWorstK - fold? ($33)

Scuba Chuck
12-05-2005, 06:22 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t150 (6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Hero (t1860)
UTG (t1625)
MP (t425)
CO (t1650)
Button (t815)
SB (t1625)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls t150, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (t450) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets t225</font>, Hero folds...

bluefeet
12-05-2005, 06:27 PM
With CO limper behind you yet, I think you have too. Calling sucks. Pushing in the dark without an opportunity to gain any additional info would be a mistake IMO.

Edit: Sorry, pegged you the wrong stack size. I suppose raising is an option. SB has the chips to make this move, with a hand you're likely ahead of. You have the FE, and he has the chips to recognize such and fold. Limper sleeping on a monster here, or holding a better Q is pretty infrequent.

I don't hate the raise idea honestly. But would CO recognize a frisky BB, trying to protect 'just' TP? Blah...probably not.

I think it's a reasonable play, but at an expense not worthy of significantly effecting your short-handed chip gathering ability with open aggression -- when either push you off.

12-05-2005, 06:33 PM
I either fold or reraise here. i folded a similar hand the other night...just didnt want to get mixed up in it and end up busting playing a hand that i should have folded preflop.

I would have no problems folding this hand. you are in a good position, about to be on the button. on such a shorthanded table, i have to think you will be able to catch a better hand that you can make a stand on...at this point, i wouldnt put additional chips in this pot unless i was willign to go all the way...i dont think i would be and i think a fold is a solid play.

If you hate to fold, then i would raise to a min of 500 and see where everyone else stands...

jeffraider
12-05-2005, 09:07 PM
I'd lay this down. If I wasn't in the middle I'd make it 600 but this spot sucks and your stack is very healthy so I'd fold.

durron597
12-05-2005, 09:26 PM
Another hugely read dependant hand posted readless /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Scuba Chuck
12-05-2005, 09:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, this had was a few days stale. Don't remember the circumstances. And, frankly, while 8 tabling, I may not always have a great read to pass. I do pass along reads when I have them.

psyduck
12-05-2005, 09:52 PM
for once, standard /images/graemlins/smile.gif

jeffraider
12-06-2005, 01:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

READS ARE FOR THE WEAK