PDA

View Full Version : Two Tricky Hands for me

nebben
12-05-2005, 06:21 PM
Villain 1: I have no reads on him, but havent seen him do anything retarded either.

Bet 365 1/2
I am dealt AJo in BB.
UTG+1 raises, folds back to me in BB. I defend.

Flop: (5 SB)
9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif T /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif
I check, He bets. I call.

Turn: (3.5 BB)
A /images/graemlins/spade.gif
I bet, He raises. I call

River:(7.5 BB)
J /images/graemlins/heart.gif
I lead out, He raises, I...

Basically, I think my lead on the river was bad. I think this is a check call, or is it a check fold? Without reads I cant really put him on less than AT. That is the only hand within his range that I beat, while there are lots of hands that beat me. This a fold?

macdaddy991
12-05-2005, 06:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

UTG+1 raises, folds back to me in BB. I defend.

[/ QUOTE ]

You aren't playing blind defense from a UTG+1 raise.

I think you should fold PF but since you didn't you should call the flop. I would then take a WAWB approach on the turn. Either way, fold this PF.

12-05-2005, 06:47 PM
pf looks OK with no reads.

flop - OOP I bet. If he raises, I call, but slow down as 2 big cards (other than AJo) /images/graemlins/grin.gif are scary.

If he raised my flop bet, I c/c here. If he called my flop bet, I lead here also.

riv - dammit - check, crying call. No way I lead here.

Shillx
12-05-2005, 06:59 PM
Meh you are almost 50/50 against my PFR hands on the turn. It pretty much a wa/wb spot, so check/calling looks to be the best move. The river is just absolutely deadly though. I would check/fold.

@bsolute_luck
12-05-2005, 11:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The river is just absolutely deadly though. I would check/fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

you're only ahead of 77 and i can safely say: he does not have that.

Buckmulligan
12-05-2005, 11:32 PM
First off, I'm folding this river UI. Second of all, I think I fold the river when he raises. I dont know many players who raise a two pair here on the end with the dangerous board out.

Brad is probably right in even suggesting a check/fold on this river.

12-05-2005, 11:44 PM
Now that you hit your 2-pair I'd check/call, but I wouldn't have been in the hand to see it.

IMO, it looks like you are behind from the get go. Your check/call on the flop shows too much weakness and doesn't give you many clues as to Villian's holdings. I'd probably bet/fold this flop. My guess is he flopped or turned trips.

Sloats
12-06-2005, 12:19 AM
I'm guessing villian has AKo.

SCfuji
12-06-2005, 12:33 AM
check call, check call, check fold seems good.

where is the 2nd hand dude?