PDA

View Full Version : Percentage played of Postflop

12-05-2005, 05:56 PM
I was hoping someone could tell me approximately how often a player should be seeing the flop,turn,river, and showdown. After about 2500 hands (which I understand is not a large enough sample to make solid conclusions), I reach each level the following percentage of total hands played:

22% flop (i follow the SSHE chart for starting hands)
11% turn
6% river
2% showdown

I seem to be playing a negative EV game, so I wonder if I'm playing my hands too far beyond the flop. Are there any established guidelines for how often one should see each level?

The_Curtain
12-05-2005, 06:16 PM
Sample is proabably too small to determine these stats, and WAY to small to determine any sort of win rate (need +100k hands).
Given that, pre-flop of 22% is decent maybe on the high side, but I don't think so, 50% flop fold is about right, but then you fold 66% (4% out of 6%) on the river which probably means you are folding too much on the river.

Better stats to look at are WSD% (went to show down) and W$SD (won $ at show down). WSD% should be around 30 and W$SD should be in the low to mid 50s, although it will depending on how you are running.

Remember it is important to show down in large pots, don't fold 20-1 river bets even if you think you are most likely beat.

While Miller says small stakes players go too far with hands, it is a generalization, so try to do what is right for each situation. Meaning don't think "oh bad players go too far with their hands, so I am going to be a good player and fold here and not make that mistake". Applying broad thought processes to the game is not going to be +EV.

Check out this link for more on stats:
Micro-Limit FAQ (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=0&Number=1659321&an=0&page=0# Post1659321)