PDA

View Full Version : "isolated" by a tag, flopping a set, i get tricky

ErrantNight
12-05-2005, 05:27 PM
3/6 6 max party

i raise black sixes UTG

tag 3 bets. he's aggressive, sometimes too much so, but otherwise a solid winning player over about a 1000 hands. today we're on two tables adjacent to each other (i'm on his left at the other table) and we, historically, stay out of each other's hair. he likes to take shots at me, and despite all these hands, i've rarely hand the hands to play back at him. despite the respect, i think he thinks i'm laggy (from conversation)

folded to the sb, a total donkey, who calls. bb folds. i call.

flop comes 56T with two clubs.
i check, villain bets, donkey calls, i raise, villain 3-bets, donkey calls, i call

turn brings 8 no club
check, villain bets, donkey calls, i raise, villain calls, donkey calls

river is an A no club
bet, villain calls, donkey raises, i...

MrWookie47
12-05-2005, 05:29 PM
make it 3. nh. You'll see two pair here a lot.

milesdyson
12-05-2005, 05:32 PM
i would have bet the turn, but i agree with your flop play.

reason being if he has overcard /images/graemlins/club.gifs i don't want him to take a free card. and if he has an overpair, i want him to raise so i can 3-bet.

and the river is most likely a 3-bet. that tag isn't going to call with JJ-KK here, or is he? obviously he'll fold for two, but i'm looking at this thinking i'm guaranteed to be ahead of the donkey's two pair.

car ramrod
12-05-2005, 05:32 PM
3bet it, donkey has 2 pair often.

Cancuk
12-05-2005, 05:33 PM
raise. Donkey has two pair. nh.

car ramrod
12-05-2005, 05:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i would have bet the turn, but i agree with your flop play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with Miles, I like a turn bet.

Peter Harris
12-05-2005, 05:37 PM
easy 3bet.

ErrantNight
12-05-2005, 05:39 PM
after villain 3bets this i'm confident enough in his aggression that he will bet ANY blank turn 90% of the time. basically i think he only checks this behind if he indeed has an overpair and an overcard comes.

if i was less certain i'd cap the flop and lead because donkey, if he has a flush draw, isn't going anywhere, even if could magically induce villain to raise the turn for me. that said, i think capping the flop and leading is a fine line, but i was certain i could pull off the c/r, and i felt certain that either line would effectively kill my action until someone improved (but fold no one)

car ramrod
12-05-2005, 05:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
even if could magically induce villain to raise the turn for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

so you don't think villian will raise your turn bet?

ErrantNight
12-05-2005, 05:48 PM
good point.

sometimes he will, but sometimes he won't.

call flop/donk turn is odd enough that he might slow up.

further, if he does raise, donkey will eject with hands that i have dominated, but stick around with when he has some crappy flush draw.

still... being able to 3bet this turn would be shwate... and i'm killing my opportunity to do that

car ramrod
12-05-2005, 05:54 PM
well, it's close either way. You were pretty sure villian would bet, so you trap the donkey and can check raise, not a bad play at all.

If you don't think villian will check thru a flush draw, then your line is good, but you said he was aggro, so I thought he may raise your donk. That turn bet can be taken either way, it will confuse him into either raising or just calling. Donkey will likely call 2 cold so I wouldn't worry about that.

curious to see the rest of the action

MrWookie47
12-05-2005, 05:57 PM
I like the c/r because even donkeys can fold for two cold on the turn. HU, leading can be down right sexy. If the donkey really is bad enough to cold call on this turn, then I could see leading.

ErrantNight
12-05-2005, 05:58 PM
the more i think about it the more i like the turn bet. the preceding were my arguments for my play at the time.

i'd wait to post results but, frankly, i think that's all i'm gonna get.

i thought this was an easy 3-bet. then i didn't. and, of course, everyone's read here was spot on:

donkey had A8o villain had QQ or KK and my hand was decidedly good

axioma
12-05-2005, 06:00 PM
yup easy 3 bet.

villan has JJ-KK, donkey has A6, AT etc.

milesdyson
12-05-2005, 06:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i raise, villain 3-bets, donkey calls

[/ QUOTE ]
so i don't worry about him finding a call on the turn. this pot is 9.5 big bets at the turn. i really hate to see it ever get checked through, and the times he raises an overpair (often i believe - errant said he thinks the tag thinks we're laggy), our 3-bet is so money we don't even know it.

car ramrod
12-05-2005, 06:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
our 3-bet is so money we don't even know it.

[/ QUOTE ]

We are like a bear, with these big (censored) claws, and we are just looking at this little bunny, and we don't know how to kill it, not even with these big claws.

milesdyson
12-05-2005, 06:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
our 3-bet is so money we don't even know it.

[/ QUOTE ]

We are like a bear, with these big (censored) claws, and we are just looking at this little bunny, and we don't know how to kill it, not even with these big claws.

[/ QUOTE ]
exactly