PDA

View Full Version : In too deep(gimmick account thread)

12-05-2005, 05:02 PM
Kind of inspired by the dating dumb girls post...

My girl and I have been going out about 1.5 years now. We live together and work together, which most people say is too much time together but it never has been. Lately we've been fighting a lot, if not every day. Our fights have been getting progressively worse, and more than a few times I've wanted to break up but she won't let me go. Her past is WAY different than mine. Not to go into it but it's basically a mess, her mom abandoned her family multiple times and cheated etc etc. After about 8 months into our relationship, she revealed she had herpes. I wanted to break up with her so bad but obviously I didnt. I feel like part of me still resents that to this day.

I started a new school a few months ago and met a really really amazing girl who thinks I'm single, and we've became really good friends with the opportunity for more. With all our fighting and [censored], I really want to explore this opportunity but I dont know how to break it off with my girlfriend. I dont want to do the stupid "lets take a break" thing. Any ideas, I really need help

Gunny Highway
12-05-2005, 05:05 PM
Dear Herpes-Girl with Abandonment Issues,

I'm breaking up with you.

From,

AwesomeBaby

(Alternatively show her this thread. Or PM me her e-mail and I'll do it.)

Georgia Avenue
12-05-2005, 05:05 PM
Dear Gimmick Account,

DTMFA

Regretfully,

--GA

BradleyT
12-05-2005, 05:07 PM
dump the skank.

imported_The Vibesman
12-05-2005, 05:07 PM
I was in this situation once. I had to threaten the girl with a restraining order.

Act sooner, rather than later.

kyro
12-05-2005, 05:14 PM
Sounds like my past relationship, only without the herpes.

1. Break up with her. Leave. Go far away from her as possible. Why is this even a problem?

2. Test yourself for herpes so you don't spread them to other people.

craig r
12-05-2005, 05:15 PM
So either you stay together and you are both miserable or you break up, you aren't miserable, and she is for a little while? I don't see why you would stay with her if you don't have the same feelings for her, are always fighting, and want to date this other girl (who, by deception, thinks you are single). I know things aren't black and white like this and that you live with your current girl, but you just need to end it. How good is your current job? How hard would it be for you to find a different one? You are in a tough spot, but it isn't like the situation can't work out in the end. And if your current girl can't "let you go" then maybe she is co-dependent. Which means she doesn't really want to be with you anyway. She just wants to be with somebody.

craig

mslif
12-05-2005, 05:17 PM
Introduce her to that guy (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=0&Number=4034486&page=)

On a more serious note, just tell her that you are tired of the fighting and that you want you want to end the relationship. Don't go into details or start a big monologue about how it's not her but you... Keep it short, try not to be rude by saying you have no feelings for her and leave.

12-05-2005, 05:20 PM
If you feel like the normal "let's break up" won't cut it, then you have to do whatever it takes to get out of there. Make sure she understands that it's over in clear simple language. Raise your voice. Get angry if you have to. I had to do this once, and it felt soooo good getting out of that relationship. Even after I stormed out of her place, she still thought we were just fighting. At this point, doesn't seem that "being just friends" is an option. Dump her. It's not worth it.

ScottieK

craig r
12-05-2005, 05:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Keep it short, try not to be rude by saying you have no feelings for her and leave.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean by "short"? There is no way this breakup takes less than 2 weeks. During the time of him moving out (or her) there will be constant fighting, crying, begging, pleading, re-considering, etc....

craig

mslif
12-05-2005, 05:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Keep it short, try not to be rude by saying you have no feelings for her and leave.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean by "short"? There is no way this breakup takes less than 2 weeks. During the time of him moving out (or her) there will be constant fighting, crying, begging, pleading, re-considering, etc....

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant that he should not try to give a long, drawn out explanation as to why he is breaking up with her. I think that maybe he should try to find a friend he could stay with while he looks for a new place to live. Staying there will create more problems.

bwana devil
12-05-2005, 05:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've wanted to break up but she won't let me go.

[/ QUOTE ]

time for awesomebaby to assert himself. if youre at the point in the relationship that you dont want to move forward anymore then talk to her about it.

dont do it for another girl though. that's usually not a good reason to break up w/ someone. if you think pastures are greener w/ someone new you'll usually be bitterly disappointed. it's much better to break up and be single--for both of your sake's.

this new girl is going to be pissed when she finds out youve led on that you not only have a girlfriend but youre been living w/ someone. youre already on bad footing w/ her.

if you want to break up w/ the gf then do it. and dont let her dictate whether she'll "let you go." time to assert yourself. then clear your head and look around and see if you're interested in dating anyone.

that's the bwana plan on how to break up w/ a girl and come out relatively clean. otherwise it's lots of heartbreak for you and the girlfriend and you get to carry around some uneneccessary emotional baggage for awhile.

bwana

jthegreat
12-05-2005, 05:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I meant that he should not try to give a long, drawn out explanation as to why he is breaking up with her.

[/ QUOTE ]

No kidding. "You took 8 months to tell me you had herpes." is more than adequate.

craig r
12-05-2005, 05:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant that he should not try to give a long, drawn out explanation as to why he is breaking up with her. I think that maybe he should try to find a friend he could stay with while he looks for a new place to live. Staying there will create more problems.

[/ QUOTE ]

He has been with her for 1.5 years and works with her as well as lives with her. The first conversation will be a minimum of 5 hours. I hope, for his sake, I am wrong. If she knows it is about to happen, then it might be shorter. Either way, he should plan for a long night.

He might be able to stay with that new girl while he is looking for a place to live. Or, maybe the girl he is breaking up with can live with the new girl. I am on the phone with FOX right now. If this doesn't make for good reality TV I don't know what will.

craig

diebitter
12-05-2005, 05:49 PM
Welcome to Dumpsville, girl!

Population: YOU!

citanul
12-05-2005, 05:51 PM
I don't understand why you think that the default should be "let's take a break."

Let's take a break is reserved for times when you think you should be taking a break. ie, when you think that you should be getting back together. without debating whether or not that's ever, ever a good idea, it's not the line to use when what you actually mean is "i'm done with you, you're done with me, let's just go our own ways."

you're not desiring of a break, you're desiring of a end, conclusion, finale, whatever.

i'd say dump her after some great sex or whatever, but [censored], the bitch done got herpes. then again, you probably got it now too. so filthy sanchez her and be on your way.

seriously, you don't have to be mean, you should just say something like "hey x, i don't think things have been working out between us, and i'm sure you've been feeling the same way, what with all our fighting lately. i think we should stop seeing each other before any chance of being friends in the future is ruined."

or whatever.

c

Georgia Avenue
12-05-2005, 05:53 PM
How to Break Up with This Bad Person:

Cheat on her. Hide the knives. Tell her. Run.

The End,
--GA

jba
12-05-2005, 05:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I meant that he should not try to give a long, drawn out explanation as to why he is breaking up with her.

[/ QUOTE ]

No kidding. "You took 8 months to tell me you had herpes." is more than adequate.

[/ QUOTE ]

no way, not after all this time.

danzasmack
12-05-2005, 05:54 PM
not breaking up with this girl could be one of the worst decisions you ever make.

mslif
12-05-2005, 05:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The first conversation will be a minimum of 5 hours.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with this based on my own experiences.

craig r
12-05-2005, 06:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The first conversation will be a minimum of 5 hours.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with this based on my own experiences.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, but this situation is pretty extreme. He lives and works with her and she has some bad stuff in her past. She doesn't seem emotionally stable and he is getting advice on how to do this break up from people OOT. In fact, I am changing my estimate to an all nighter now. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

craig

mslif
12-05-2005, 06:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
he is getting advice on how to do this break up from people OOT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Based on that comment, I'll agree with you. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

12-05-2005, 06:25 PM
Had you banged her already when she told you she had herpes?

MasterShakes
12-05-2005, 06:30 PM
The incredibly great feeling you will have about a week after this thing is over will be well worth any sobs you may have to listen to. Trust me, it's an incredible feeling.