PDA

View Full Version : eights are great with chocolate cake

bad beetz
07-11-2003, 04:10 AM
What up, cuz?

I just had some chocolate cake. Chocolate cake is [censored] good.

You know what's good? Chocalate cake.

So $15/$30 at Artichoke Joe's with shitty players in it.

UTG limps. UTG + 1 Limps (these guys suck). I limp UTG + 4 with 88. SB and BB complete.

Flop comes [T /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 7 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif 2 /forums/images/icons/club.gif]

UTG bets. next guy folds. I think I may have the best hand and I raise. BB calls two cold. He would do this with a ten, a seven maybe, or a gutshot. He is terribly loose. UTG + 1 calls.

Turn comes [T /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 7 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif 2 /forums/images/icons/club.gif] [6 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif ]
check check check

River comes [T /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 7 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif 2 /forums/images/icons/club.gif] [6 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif ][5 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif ]

SB checks, UTG bets, I fold.

Rick Nebiolo
07-11-2003, 04:42 AM
bad beetz,

i wouldn't think i had the best hand on the flop and given the fact the pot is small and hitting my hand will often get me in trouble and the fact that the guy bet into a loose field i'd fold 99% of the time.

but on the turn given you made the pot big and given the fact a nine makes you something and your hand if ahead needs protection i'd bet 88% of the time.

and on the river after inducing a bluff on the turn (had I made that choice) and essentially a blank hits i'd call the hand down.

OTOH, my advice might be poisened by the fact you have posted about five hands since I posted my tome and my post is going to get buried and i really need to know whether i can divorce results /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

regards,

rick

Ulysses
07-11-2003, 05:18 AM
On the turn, you should take a quick look at the other guys before checking. If they have a ten, 89, or any other crap that beats you, you should check and go for a nine on the river. Otherwise, you should bet.

Having seen the turn go check-check-check, I'd probably call on the river most times, unless UTG was one of those guys who would check T9 here 'cause his kicker sucks. More often, though, he'll be one of those guys who will bet a seven when the turn gets checked through.

bad beetz
07-11-2003, 04:27 PM
I didn't bet the turn because I picked up the gutshot draw and if I'm raised I'll have to fold.

I didn't call the river because I started compiling hands that he bet the flop with, like small pocket pairs, gutshot draws, 89, tens, and I decided that just too many of them got there and beat me. Plus there's this guy left to act who may very well have a ten even though he didn't bet the river.

I was tired of feeling like a sucker on river calls so I just folded instead knowing it's close.

I think three weeks ago I would have bet the turn.