PDA

View Full Version : PT 'hourly rate' question

golfboy7
12-05-2005, 03:46 PM
Hi all.

PT question...

When you go to the 'sessions' tab and check the box "show true hourly win rate"...

can somebody please explain the numbers produced?

krimson
12-05-2005, 04:03 PM
PokerTracker refers to "table hours" and "true hours"

If you 4 table $2/4 for 2 hours, you have played 8 "table hours" and 2 "true hours".

So your "true hourly win rate" is literally how much money you make per hour, on average.

golfboy7
12-05-2005, 04:34 PM
Ok, i kinda figured that was right. Now I'm just wondering what each of the numbers mean.

for instance what does the MT Ratio mean...I assume it means Multi table ratio, but what exactly does it express...what ratio is it?

My MT ratio is 3.62 so I'm assuming that means that for those hours that I have played, I'm averageing 3.62 tables right?

Under the $ won column...I guess that's $ won per hour?

if that's true, then how can the bb/hr columb say 1.05 but my $ won per hour column be only $.98?

I guess I just don't quite understand what all the numbers signify.

Thanks for all the help.

12-05-2005, 05:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok, i kinda figured that was right. Now I'm just wondering what each of the numbers mean.

for instance what does the MT Ratio mean...I assume it means Multi table ratio, but what exactly does it express...what ratio is it?

My MT ratio is 3.62 so I'm assuming that means that for those hours that I have played, I'm averageing 3.62 tables right?

Under the $ won column...I guess that's $ won per hour?

if that's true, then how can the bb/hr columb say 1.05 but my $ won per hour column be only $.98?

I guess I just don't quite understand what all the numbers signify.

Thanks for all the help.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right... MT Ratio is the average number of tables you are playing at any one time. Since yours is 3.62, when you play, you are playing, on average, 3.62 tables at once.

The "$ won" column is the total amount of money you've won while playing. The number where the column "$ won" intersects with "True Win Rate" is how much money you make each "real" hour, not "table" hour.

To answer your last question... make sure you are reading the numbers in the BB/Hr column correctly. Where the "BB/Hr" column intersects the "Total" row is your average BB/Hr of "table" time. Where the "BB/Hr" column intersects the "True Win Rate" colums is your average BB/Hr of "real" time. Also, note that BB here stands for "Big Bet," not "Big Blind." Finally, if you are playing multiple levels ($2/$4, $3/$6, etc.) PT takes that into consideration when calculating your BB/Hr., so that might be messing up your calculations as well.

Hope this helps...

12-05-2005, 05:59 PM
I believe if you place your mouse over the column heading, the detailed name of the column shows up at the bottom left corner of the screen. Also, PokerTracker's help menu may answer some of your questions.

golfboy7
12-05-2005, 06:00 PM
AWESOME!

a very well explained answer.

Thank you so much.

back to battle -