PDA

View Full Version : UB $5.50

zPro
12-05-2005, 03:42 PM
This is a part of my game where I struggle.
50/100 level and still 8 players left (including me).
No read on my opponent.
I figured I was dead after he called my weakish flop bet.
After this hand, my chipstack was in poor shape.. T800

Comments on all streets appreciated.

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

BB (t4045)
UTG (t1670)
Hero (t1585)
MP1 (t1565)
MP2 (t1250)
CO (t2190)
Button (t700)
SB (t1995)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
1 fold, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t350</font>, MP1 calls t350, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>.

Flop: (t850) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t400</font>, MP1 calls t400.

Turn: (t1650) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets t400</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: t2050

tigerite
12-05-2005, 03:44 PM
Your raise pf, for me, is too big. I don't mind the raise, but t350 seems extreme. You could also just limp with 15bb.. but that's up to you. Not sure a bet on the flop is a good idea, I understand it's a cont bet, but too much chance it's hit him somehow as you know you definitely don't have the K or J. I don't see what hands he will fold here that you don't already have crushed - TT/99 maybe I suppose - and just possibly AQ.. otherwise.. nah.

gumpzilla
12-05-2005, 03:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't see what hands he will fold here that you don't already have crushed - TT/99 maybe I suppose - and just possibly AQ.. otherwise.. nah.

[/ QUOTE ]

On the other hand, do you feel like calling down with 88 in this spot? I think the issue here isn't extracting value from worse hands so much as it is not getting pushed off a better hand, and for that reason I think a bet is fine. Alternatively, I think a c/r push on the flop would probably be okay as well. I think you stand to have the best hand quite often on the flop. The stack sizes are very awkward here - it's difficult to make a convincing looking continuation bet without pushing - so I either open push or c/r push, probably the c/r.

wiggs73
12-05-2005, 05:55 PM
PF raise is a little large I think. The same thing can be achieved with a lesser raise. On the flop, with the raise you put in, IF I bet, I'm pushing whether it be an open-push or a CR push. But with the pot size and your stack size, I'm not making a standard continuation bet.

tigerite
12-05-2005, 09:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't see what hands he will fold here that you don't already have crushed - TT/99 maybe I suppose - and just possibly AQ.. otherwise.. nah.

[/ QUOTE ]

On the other hand, do you feel like calling down with 88 in this spot? I think the issue here isn't extracting value from worse hands so much as it is not getting pushed off a better hand, and for that reason I think a bet is fine. Alternatively, I think a c/r push on the flop would probably be okay as well. I think you stand to have the best hand quite often on the flop. The stack sizes are very awkward here - it's difficult to make a convincing looking continuation bet without pushing - so I either open push or c/r push, probably the c/r.

[/ QUOTE ]

You totally missed my point. If he bets the flop, you fold. Simple.

12-05-2005, 10:06 PM
PF raise was two high. A limp/min raise/push would all have been better. Your raise here is what landed u in trouble by making the pot so big.

You made a standard continuation bet with 2 flush cards and 2 overcards on the board. If your going to bet here it has to be 3/4 to a pot sized bet. Most players will call half bot bets with flush draws.

I think on that flop check/fold everytime unless the bet back is check/100/200.

Your check on the turn is like waving the white flag. The 4D did not improve your opponents holding. And by the size of his bet on the turn I would have put him on AxS.

12-05-2005, 10:35 PM
Knowing the UB $5.50s quite well, I'd have to say that you get a ton more value out of your 88 by limping and reevaluating on the flop. Like a previous poster said, you're still left with 15BB with this and flopping a set in that stage can really make you some serious chips.

A raise of t350 in early position is just hoping for a fold and while taking t150 isn't bad, I think you've now exposed yourself for a lot more, out of position, stand only to be pushed off your hand.

Limp and see what happens here. 88 is going to be look awful out of position against almost any flop.