PDA

View Full Version : What nonsense is going on over Florida tournaments?

Easy E
12-05-2005, 03:31 PM
Have they really repealed the NL tournament structure?

From Badger's site link (http://www.bonitanews.com/news/2005/dec/01/appeals_court_decides_poker_tournament_rules_canno/)

Kevmath
12-05-2005, 07:18 PM
Seems a couple of the card clubs wanted to add bad beat jackpots to their games, the commission decided to drop the hammer on them and remove tournaments altogether. Last week they decided tournaments could return, with the $2 max, 3 bet structure standard in cash games. Shows you what happens when you combine the greed of the card rooms and the stupidity of the state government of Florida.

etizzle
12-05-2005, 07:54 PM
my god, if they ever allow regular cash games above 2-2$ the whole state of florida will go apeshit.

12-05-2005, 11:26 PM
I have played thousands of hours of live poker in FL over the past few years. I now play online almost exclusively.

Many of the players and dealers, floor etc want to have higher stakes games in FL similar to many of the other states that have poker.

If Florida gets higher stakes games in the next few years (doubtful) than this is going to be a goldmine for expert players.

The best tournaments in Florida are online.

Vincent Lepore
12-06-2005, 03:12 AM
Doesn't a guy named BUSH head up that state? Uhuh!

Vince

Etaipo
12-06-2005, 04:20 AM
the tournaments are back. they just give each chip a fractional cent cash value. they can not be redeemed for cash after the tournament starts /images/graemlins/smile.gif

CORed
12-06-2005, 04:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Seems a couple of the card clubs wanted to add bad beat jackpots to their games, the commission decided to drop the hammer on them and remove tournaments altogether. Last week they decided tournaments could return, with the $2 max, 3 bet structure standard in cash games. Shows you what happens when you combine the greed of the card rooms and the stupidity of the state government of Florida.

[/ QUOTE ]
Florida: The only place with more retarded poker regulations than Colorado.

dcasper70
12-06-2005, 05:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the tournaments are back. they just give each chip a fractional cent cash value. they can not be redeemed for cash after the tournament starts /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a40/dcasper70/brilliant.gif

2+2 wannabe
12-07-2005, 01:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
"You can't really raise the bet," Kopala said. "Nobody likes to play that."

He said most players will spend the couple of bucks to see the other players' cards, which can make the pot a bigger win.

[/ QUOTE ]

pure. hilarity.