PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Deleting File

Tuds75
12-05-2005, 02:49 PM
I downloaded a movie (Batman Begins, good movie) from a file sharing program. When I open the file it doesn't play. It just locks up Windows media player. After I closed WMP I tried to delete the file, but I was promoted that the file is "in use by someother program or person. Unable to delete". I restarted my comp and tried to delete file. Still got the same message.

I just want to delete this file because it seems like my computer is not runnign the same since tryin to open this file.

Please tell me what I can do to remove this file from my computer. Any help is greatly appreciated.

DoubleDown
12-05-2005, 03:03 PM
i was going to suggest a restart and then try to delete it but you obv already tried that ... hmmm

maybe try to go to task manager (via ctrl+alt+del) and see if you can shut down any other media programs that may be using the program. or maybe shut down your file sharing program (esp if it is on auto-log on with cpu start-up).

try closing all unessential programs, then go for the delete.

Link774
12-05-2005, 03:53 PM
Try booting into safe mode and deleting it from there.

Sean D
12-05-2005, 04:08 PM
Maybe this would help, not sure. http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=4093292&an=0&page=1

Meech
12-05-2005, 06:35 PM
Do a google search for a utility named KillBox. It allows you to delete those pesky files that are continuously in use.

Tuds75
12-05-2005, 08:44 PM
Thanks go to everyone for your help. I tried Meech's idea to use Killbox and "boom" it worked. Computer is run smoothly again. Thanks all

Tuds

wonderwes
12-06-2005, 01:24 AM
You could also boot your machine up, hit f8 go to safe mode and try to kill the file there.