PDA

View Full Version : 1010 in position

jkamowitz
12-05-2005, 02:48 PM
Villian 1 (utg+1) is 65/0/.5 after 17 hands. . limps with any Ace or decent high cards.

Villian 2 (mp) is 26/8/1.3 after 74 hands

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, [color=#CC3333]UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 calls, [color=#666666]2 folds</font>, [color=#CC3333]Hero 3-bets</font>, [color=#666666]3 folds</font>, UTG calls, [color=#CC3333]UTG+1 caps</font>, MP1 folds, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (15.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif [color=#0000FF](3 players)</font>
UTG checks, [color=#CC3333]UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (9.25 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif [color=#0000FF](3 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks.

River: (9.25 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif [color=#0000FF](3 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, [color=#CC3333]Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 11.25 BB

Results in white below: [color=#FFFFFF]
UTG+1 has Kh As (high card, ace).
Hero has Th Tc (straight, queen high).
Outcome: Hero wins 11.25 BB. </font>

I chose to 3-bet in order to utilize position and to get some UTG+2 dead money in there and see how things develop. When I justt call with 10's and the flop comes J or Q high I never know quite what to do. I was trying to think if I was folding or not on the turn if mp had bet. i believe I would. Does anyone bet the turn when checked to?

If anyone knows how to fix this converrter problem it would also be appreciated.

BigEndian
12-05-2005, 04:11 PM
First off, about the numbers. There's no-where near enough hands there to guage anything from for UTG+1. If you'd seen him showdown a limped AQ or something then that might be something to go on. For MP1 the only thing I think you can say is it looks like they aren't horrible pre-flop. In general, I pay almost no attention to numbers until 200+ hands. And even those numbers are dubious unless they are just obviously loose/passive loose/agg and you usually pick up on that by seeing one or two of their showdowns.

The Converter: be sure to set it for 2+2. It defaults to ITH I think.

The rest of the hand is fine imo. Some might argue to bet the turn since it's obvious UTG+1 has AK. But UTG is throwing a wrench in the works. Also, don't post results. They absolutely affect feedback.

- Jim

jaxUp
12-05-2005, 04:27 PM
I have a feeling that many will advocate raising the flop to protect. However, if we are behind UTG+1, this has little value, and if we're ahead, we are only freeing up a max of 3 cards because he will almost always have AK, AQs when behind. So we would have to specifically know that UTG has a K or Q, and that UTG+1 has the other for this play to accomplish what we want it to.

Does this make sense? Is my thinking flawed?

hobbsmann
12-05-2005, 06:25 PM
I like preflop and the flop, but I really think you should be betting this turn as it seems obvious UTG1 has AK and UTG has done nothing to make you believe he has a better hand.

Dazarath
12-05-2005, 06:42 PM
Either you feel your hand is good against UTG+1's range or it's bad. If it's bad, fold. The odds aren't there to chase a 2-outer (not closing the action), 1 of which opens up redraws.. and of course, there's always the possibility that you're drawing to 1 out with redraws. If you feel your hand is good, raise. You don't want a hand like T9 or 98 getting cheap cards. If you get 3-bet, whether or not you want to peel is up to you.

12-05-2005, 06:55 PM
Check the turn. Take a stab at your outs. Heads-up you may want to bet but I'd still most likely check anyhow, planning to call the river unless another overcard comes. If it was checked to me on the river after checking the turn then I'd venture a bet and fold to a raise if a blank showed up.

12-05-2005, 08:04 PM
I raise the flop here.... it's likely that you are up against 2 overcards, most likely AK from utg+1.... I do not want to let utg get a cheap card where he could have a Q, so that if any over's come you're behind.... if you get 3 bet here w/ no real reads I'm probably calling down unless the flush or an A or K hit

KDawgCometh
12-05-2005, 08:58 PM
I don't really see a raise on the flop to be honest. The pot is so big that even facing two cold that the capper will have odds to call if he has two overs. Also, his flop check is very suspicious IMO as it is possible that he could try to get 99, 1010, or 77 to fold.

Alex/Mugaaz
12-05-2005, 09:22 PM
Anyone else bet the turn?