PDA

View Full Version : 2/5 NL Live Hand

12-05-2005, 12:23 PM
I'm realatively new to posting here so hopefully this post makes sense and thanks in advance for any responses..

Table: The table is slightly aggressive and very loose. Consistent multiway pots and raises are either huge (open for $50) or raise three limpers to $15 and there is a lot of money on the table including a few donkeys with over 1K sitting in front and a couple solid TAGs with over 2K. I have $760 in front and am covered by 4-5 players.

Player read on the BB: This is a LAG to the core from what I seen. He’s shown down 34o 3 times, twice as bottom two in very good size pots. He has also been calling pot size bets in a few cases with these types of hands when hitting bottom pair on a coordinated board.

Preflop: I am in the cutoff with J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. 5 limpers to me so I limp. Button folds small blind completes, BB checks, so 8 to the flop and $40 in the pot.

Flop: J /images/graemlins/heart.gif10 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif5 /images/graemlins/club.gif
Small blind (quite to this point and has about $600 bets $25 in the pot). BB who IMHO is a donkey raises to $50 ($1400 in front). Not sure exactly what this mini raise means at this point but I have my thoughts which I’ll exclude so as not to influence your response. Anyway, I raise to $175. SB folds, BB pushes all in. So a pot of $998 if I make the call for my remaining $583.

Your action?

maranello11
12-05-2005, 12:28 PM
Im sure he either has a wierd two pair or maybe a sets of 5/s. Could he make this play with J10 as well knowing you may fold it? Donkeys do win sometimes.

Andrew Fletcher
12-05-2005, 12:33 PM
If he's as donkorific as you say, I think this often means a straight draw or even something as weak as QJo/KJo. Bad players love to min-raise with no real purpose.

I think you're ahead way more than you're behind. I call.

A bad player won't fastplay a set or even top two in a muliway pot with a straight draw. Instead, they'll try to pull some WPT crap and check the heck out of everything.

AdamBragar
12-05-2005, 12:59 PM
There are just too many hands you beat (a draw, any other 2 pair) to fold here. I insta call.

98romaine
12-05-2005, 01:03 PM
I think the only hand you fear here is a set of 5's. Pretty much rule out JJ or 1010 due to the PF action. In live loose NL games, this could be an OESD or a lesser 2 pr, so you are getting pretty decent odds to call with a hand that is best most of the time.

Ghazban
12-05-2005, 01:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Not sure exactly what this mini raise means at this point but I have my thoughts which I’ll exclude so as not to influence your response.

[/ QUOTE ]
You want people to give advice on how to play a hand but are deliberately not giving your entire read? I don't know about anybody else but what I do depends so hugely on this piece of information that to leave out a read you have pertaining to it is just dumb.

Andrew Fletcher
12-05-2005, 01:08 PM
Well, maybe he just wants to know what we think of the min-raise.

12-05-2005, 03:00 PM
Sorry if I was unclear, I was just trying to get people's opinions of the mini raise meant and if they thought it meant anything from this type of player (followed by a push). What if it were a good player who also has me covered? In my opinion he would not mini raise 55 and only smooth call that hand. I also think he calls on a draw here, so I think mini raise means bottom 2 or top pair random kicker for this player as I think he would raise AJ from the BB often. As Waxie said bad players seem to mini raise for no reason in particular. I believe he has 105 at this point.

So I call and he shows me J5o, so close enough. No 5 or running over pair came and I took the pot. Maybe this decision isn't that interesting the more I think about but for a $1600 pot it seemed it at the time.

Thanks for the replies

Andrew Fletcher
12-05-2005, 06:19 PM
I personally thought this was a very good first post. Much better than the crap I was writing when I first starting reading 2+2.