PDA

View Full Version : JT - OESD rivers a pair.

12-05-2005, 11:39 AM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

...for value?

Turn: (7.75 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+2 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, CO checks.

River: (7.75 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls.

Final Pot: 10.75 BB

12-05-2005, 12:46 PM
bump

12-05-2005, 12:53 PM
I think c/ring the flop was fine for value, as long as you decided to do this when it came back to you. If you decided that your plan of action on the flop was to c/r then I believe this is far wrong. Nobody has shown any aggression preflop so you can't believe that anyone will bet this flop allowing a c/r and that they would bet from a position for you to be able to trap the whole field.

Betting out probably also has some merit since no aggression has been shown and since you could bet out anything from the BB including a terrible pair.

I don't like the river bet, I think this could be better to try inducing a bluff and then c/ring or c/cing it depending on what position.

If you had checked CO had bet, then I like the c/r (to fold a Q? maybe it is better to go for the overcalls since they will call with lower pairs and at this level no Q will fold.). If UTG+2 had bet then I overcall.

IF you check you allow someone to bluff at the pot but with so many players in I think it may be foolish to miss out on the value of betting.

The only problem with this is that at 1/2 party people will usually not bet Qx where x&lt;9 on the turn after you c/r the flop.

I think I would probably end up c/cing this river maybe even bet/folding.

einbert
12-05-2005, 12:55 PM
Hi TKO,

Flop checkraise looks good here against four players, since your draw will come in about 1/3 of the time by the river. Also if noone has a queen you will likely get a free river card.

I like your river bet. You most likely have the best hand, although the jack could have made someone two pair or a straight. But I think betting is correct as your hand is almost always best if this gets checked through.

I would fold to a river raise.

Nice hand,
einbert

SNOWBALL138
12-05-2005, 01:23 PM
this looks good because of the turn action.

SNOWBALL138
12-05-2005, 01:26 PM
I like the river bet, but its not an entirely obvious bet. B/c you checkraised the flop, its more likely that the turn got checked through by someone w/ a weak queen. But I still like the river bet.

Its hard for them to not pay you off after the turn got checked through.

12-05-2005, 01:28 PM
I like the flop check/raise. You have a great hand here.

I may have bet the turn, but the check may be better.

Ballsy river bet, but I think it's good. Fold to a raise, though.

brettbrettr
12-05-2005, 01:30 PM
nh.

12-05-2005, 01:31 PM
Why is betting the turn good?

You don't have fold equity at 1/2 to bust them all out and there isn't value in betting unless each player calls.

12-05-2005, 02:01 PM
I don't think our draw is strong enough to bet the turn.

My plan on the flop was to check/call.
My plan on the turn was to bet if hit, and check/call otherwise.
My plan on the river was a bet/fold.

I actually thought that check/calling the river might have been better, as I will usually be beat when called, most likely by the flop bettor.

The_Curtain
12-05-2005, 02:23 PM
I don't really like the flop line. Given that everyone has already called one bet, either the UTG+2 three bets and could force those trapped in the middle to fold or they all call, and I don't think you are cleaning up any J or T outs. If you were on the button then I think this is a great free card play, but you don't have that option here.

Given their weak play on the turn I would probably bet the river for value and fold to a raise.

12-05-2005, 05:40 PM
UTG+2 shows KQ and MHING, but I thank her dearly for the free card on the turn.

12-05-2005, 06:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't really like the flop line. Given that everyone has already called one bet, either the UTG+2 three bets and could force those trapped in the middle to fold or they all call, and I don't think you are cleaning up any J or T outs. If you were on the button then I think this is a great free card play, but you don't have that option here.

Given their weak play on the turn I would probably bet the river for value and fold to a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is 1/2 there aren't many people 3-betting a c/r that don't raise preflop. Secondly there aren't many people that fold after calling onece with a big pot like this.

With this many players in after all calling, I really don't think their is a huge amount of value in betting this river. I would have thought we are up against at least one Q.

silkyslim
12-05-2005, 06:50 PM
i like this alot. Im folding to a river raise.

jedi
12-05-2005, 06:51 PM
I'd rather bet out for value than check-raise on the flop, since you're OOP, but it all worked out for you on the turn.