PDA

View Full Version : Worst Movie, like ever?

Georgia Avenue
12-05-2005, 11:35 AM
I consider this (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=4090111&an=0&page=0#Post 4090111) the nomination page...(and I added some real stinkers...) Point Break is close, but I left it off. It is, at least, GOODbad.

MarkSummers
12-05-2005, 11:37 AM
Bad poll. Where's the 1999 remake of lost in space?

Georgia Avenue
12-05-2005, 11:38 AM
Dear Mark,

All polls are somewhat silly, unless they are made by the Swede.

Cheers,

--GA

Brom
12-05-2005, 11:41 AM
I like some of those movies. And I can think of some way worse ones, just think TBS. Anaconda is worst ever.

RunDownHouse
12-05-2005, 11:41 AM
Weekend at Bernie's 2 needs to be up there. And Point Break shouldn't be anywhere near this poll.

Sabrazack
12-05-2005, 11:44 AM
If these are the worst ones you have seen you should consider yourself lucky. There are many many worse movies out there, maybe not famous ones. But it's kind of a given that they're not famous since they suck so much..

jackdaniels
12-05-2005, 11:44 AM
"Requiem for a Dream"??? For real???

How about the classic "ass to ass" line?

You suck. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Georgia Avenue
12-05-2005, 11:45 AM
I'll just post further suggestions as replys, cuz why not?
Top 10 go to the playoffs?

jacki
12-05-2005, 11:45 AM
Requiem for a Dream?

Any movie where someone yells "Ass to ass!" at Jennifer Connelly can't be worst ever.

beaten by jackdaniels because i had to look up how to spell jennifer connelly

tolbiny
12-05-2005, 11:47 AM
This is a worthless list.

Speed 2: cruise control - they are on a fricking cruise liner going a massive 16 knots, and they call it speed? Also it loses the Keanu factor which makes it entertaining, and replaces him with a stiff, and throws in a guy with a terrible fake australian accent.

Cuyote Ugly.- This movie ruined the theatre for me. I had been living in a commune type setting without a TV or seeing a movie for several months. Some people were going to town to see a movie, i figured what the hell. The second half might have been better, but i was busy knawing my own arm off the escape the theatre. Damn that movie sucked.

Face off- I know you have one Revolta movie on the list, but Cage and Revolta? jesus man, this one shattered the expectations of suckiness that i had come to expect from such movies as broken arrow.

durron597
12-05-2005, 11:47 AM
What the hell dude? The worst movie of all time is 'Manos', the Hand of Fate.

A lot of these movies are pretty bad but not horrible (Pearl Harbor, Signs, Day after Tomorrow), and Requiem for a Dream is actually good.

Here are some bad movies:

Mod [censored] Explosion (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107587/)
Meet the Feebles (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097858/)
'Manos' the Hands of Fate (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0060666/)

If you want a more modern movie that's really horrible, here it is. (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0299930/)

Brom
12-05-2005, 11:48 AM
"Der's snakes out der dis big?"

Georgia Avenue
12-05-2005, 11:50 AM
To me, for a movie to be TRULY bad, it should be large budget, major studio type of thing, sometimes it might even make money. Sure, some MST3k Roger Corman Death Snakes 12 is way dumber,(or godforfend--Coven) but it's not supposed to be any good. Failure is worse when coupled with ambition.

That said:
How about:

trying2learn
12-05-2005, 11:51 AM
your third horrible poll in the same thread...my god man.

and i know it's been said a lot already, but Requiem?!?!

you have earned one of these -----------------> *

TheMainEvent
12-05-2005, 11:51 AM
Snakes on a plane?

whiskeytown
12-05-2005, 11:53 AM
it's a cliche, but I'll say it anyways....

The winner is Battlefield Earth. It's not EVEN close. Do you see why?

RB

shakingspear
12-05-2005, 11:54 AM
3000 Miles to Graceland

Cancuk
12-05-2005, 11:54 AM
I know that a lot of people don't like Requiem for a Dream, but have you ever seen "8 Heads in a Duffel Bag"? Both Requiem and Signs shouldn't be close to this list, Requiem was a good movie. You can add:

A Summer to Remember, Too Fast, Too Furious, Triple X, that movie that was pretty much Too fast, Too furious, but w/ crotch rockets (although I saw it on a bus dubbed in Spanish).

Oh, I never saw it, but i'm sure you can add Win a date w/ Tad Hamilton or whatever that [censored] was.

jkkkk
12-05-2005, 11:57 AM
ExistenZ should be in this poll.

12-05-2005, 11:59 AM
Thw worse movie isn't listed. You couldn't pay me to watch "Kung Pow"

Georgia Avenue
12-05-2005, 12:01 PM
Whiskey,

I do see why. This was certainly my pick.

I don't even think it's close...Maybe I should have called this thread: "Vote for Battlefield Earth and flame me." /images/graemlins/smile.gif

It's also funny when people say, "Hey I like that movie, it CAN'T be teh worst eva!1!" I like some crap myself (I wouldn't even have considered Meet the Feebles as a Bad Movie, but now that I think about it, it probably is!)...

Regards,

--GA

ZeeJustin
12-05-2005, 12:03 PM
Your list is just unreal terrible. Requiem for a Dream is a [censored] amazing movie.
Let me give you a hand:

Baby Geniuses
Superbabies: Baby Geniuses 2
Highlander 2: The Quickening
Dunston Checks In

Hornacek
12-05-2005, 12:05 PM
What the hell?

How about:

Manos: Hands of fate <-- Plain horrible
Future War
The In Crowd
Paranoid
Mission to Mars

ZeeJustin
12-05-2005, 12:08 PM
I was doing some research, and I found this review of Baby Geniuses:

Review (http://cinemaphile.org/reviews/1999/babygeniuses.html)

"Everything about it is completely unforgivable; it is an abhorrence to the mind, the heart, the eyes, and to the desire of manipulating the nature of humanity. It's stupid, unfunny, piteous, sloppy, and designed to appeal to an audience that doesn't even exist. There are points when the maniacal script takes so many ridiculous and crummy turns that it wallows in self-pity and expects us not to care. It has the notion that, even if babies cannot be this smart in reality, we will always be the stupid ones. Even though time has proven that no infant has the intelligence of the average human in adulthood, one thing is definitely undeniable here: the people who made "Baby Geniuses" have the IQ of Gerber food...This is absolute cinematic torture; a maniacal insult to the foundation that humanity is made upon, and to the gods who created it all those millenniums ago. To say that I detested every loathsome second of it would be an understatement."

Georgia Avenue
12-05-2005, 12:09 PM
ZJ:

[ QUOTE ]
Highlander 2: The Quickening

[/ QUOTE ]

NH, I really should have thought of that. Took a decent premise and pooped on it until it crawled away sobbing...

Requiem is really popular here, huh? I've heard it discussed often as a candidate (along with Magnolia and American Beauty) as most overrated movie of the last decade or so, but I'm pretty ambivalent about it. I don't like it, but its listing was mostly a joke.

Mea culpa.
--GA

drewjustdrew
12-05-2005, 12:10 PM
Beverly Hills Cop III. Uncomfortably bad.

durron597
12-05-2005, 12:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

"Everything about it is completely unforgivable; it is an abhorrence to the mind, the heart, the eyes, and to the desire of manipulating the nature of humanity. It's stupid, unfunny, piteous, sloppy, and designed to appeal to an audience that doesn't even exist. There are points when the maniacal script takes so many ridiculous and crummy turns that it wallows in self-pity and expects us not to care. It has the notion that, even if babies cannot be this smart in reality, we will always be the stupid ones. Even though time has proven that no infant has the intelligence of the average human in adulthood, one thing is definitely undeniable here: the people who made "Baby Geniuses" have the IQ of Gerber food...This is absolute cinematic torture; a maniacal insult to the foundation that humanity is made upon, and to the gods who created it all those millenniums ago. To say that I detested every loathsome second of it would be an understatement."

[/ QUOTE ]

I almost want to see it now, just because this review makes me think that it's MST3Kable.

Also, to the OP, if you're going to put movies like Day After Tomorrow on there, how is it possible that "The Core" isn't there?

TheMainEvent
12-05-2005, 12:11 PM
8 Heads in a duffle bag, baby geniuses 2, gigli? Why would anyone even think to watch these movies?

I nominate them for the 'worst video renter of all time' poll.

LetYouDown
12-05-2005, 12:12 PM
Witness needs to be on this list. Harrison Ford and Kelly McGillis in Amish country.

12-05-2005, 12:13 PM
Torque

ZeeJustin
We need someone to sit through all of these movies and give us some feedback. I doubt (sincerely hope) no one here has even seen a 4th of the movies listed in this thread.

Crimson challenge anyone?

thatpfunk
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I'm sick, but this review makes me want to see the movie.

ZeeJustin
12-05-2005, 12:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe I'm sick, but this review makes me want to see the movie.

[/ QUOTE ]

Normal curious reaction. I'll prolly buy it to be honest.

Georgia Avenue
12-05-2005, 12:16 PM
Durron,

I've never seen the Core...what was that about? As I said, I based the list on the other thread and some obvious choices. I am not even aware of most of the truly bad B movies that y'all are suggesting...perhaps I should collect these and make a comprehensive swede-type poll with brackets and everything in the next few days?

Or maybe I should just SCKM. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Either way,

--GA

Dominic
12-05-2005, 12:16 PM
have you actually seen the director's cut of Heaven's Gate? Great movie.

And Reqiuem for a Dream is brilliant.

One movie that should be on this list is "The Crow." Horrible film.

Vavavoom
12-05-2005, 12:17 PM
Worst movie I ever saw was :

CAMP !!!! Pile of dogsh*t !!

Cancuk
12-05-2005, 12:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Also, to the OP, if you're going to put movies like Day After Tomorrow on there, how is it possible that "The Core" isn't there?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, I totally forgot about this movie. Easily the worst "Apocalypse" movie there is.

Crveballin
How about

Solaris
8 Legged Freaks
Master of Disguise

I would suggest Van Helsing but I /images/graemlins/heart.gif Kate Beckinsale

B Dids
[ QUOTE ]
3000 Miles to Graceland

[/ QUOTE ]

This movie was way better than I expected and actually pretty fun.

bernie
12-05-2005, 12:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
We need someone to sit through all of these movies and give us some feedback. I doubt (sincerely hope) no one here has even seen a 4th of the movies listed in this thread.

Crimson challenge anyone?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen 4 of them.

Imo, there is a glaring ommision.

b

Georgia Avenue
12-05-2005, 12:22 PM
Dom:

Actually, I really enjoyed Heaven's Gate...no-one can like Barry Lyndon and not like HG-- they're slow as hell but well-shot and nuanced.

And I'd rather put Plan 9, Ishtar, and Showgirls in the Sobadit'sgood category.

C'est la vie,

--GA

jkkkk
12-05-2005, 12:23 PM
Solaris is brilliant.

Cancuk
12-05-2005, 12:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Durron,

I've never seen the Core...what was that about? As I said, I based the list on the other thread and some obvious choices. I am not even aware of most of the truly bad B movies that y'all are suggesting...perhaps I should collect these and make a comprehensive swede-type poll with brackets and everything in the next few days?

Either way,

--GA

[/ QUOTE ]

From IMDB

The Core:

For reasons unknown, the earth's inner core has stopped rotating, causing the planet's electromagnetic field to rapidly deteriorate. Instantly, life around the globe begins to change dramatically. In Boston, 32 people with pacemakers, all within a 10-block radius, suddenly drop dead. In San Francisco, the Golden Gate Bridge collapses, sending hundreds of people plunging to their deaths. In London's Trafalgar Square, flocks of pigeons lose their ability to navigate, flying into panicked crowds, slamming into windshields and causing drivers to lose control of their cars. And in Rome, as thousands of tourists watch helplessly, an electrical superstorm reduces the ancient Roman Colosseum to rubble. Scrambling to resolve the crisis, government and military officials call upon geophysicist Dr. Josh Keyes and a team of the world's most gifted scientists to travel into the earth's core in a subterranean craft piloted by "terranauts" Major Rebecca "Beck" Childs and Commander Robert Iverson. Their mission: Detonate a nuclear device that will reactivate the core and save the world from sure destruction.

cdxx
12-05-2005, 12:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Solaris is brilliant.

[/ QUOTE ]

the clooney version is sh*tty. i hate when hollywood tries to make a love story out of everything. for the love of the game was also ruined with that syndrome.

danzasmack
12-05-2005, 12:29 PM
What makes a bad movie really bad is when it is so bad you can't even sit there and laugh at it. Battlefield Earth was so awful it was hillarious.

Terrible, terrible movies are ones that you can't even laugh AT - For me, the new George A. Romero movie was that bad. I really liked Night of the Living Dead, but "Land of the Dead" made we want to get rug burn on my penis.

Crveballin
12-05-2005, 12:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Solaris is brilliant.

[/ QUOTE ]

You must like seeing George Clooney's ass. I pray your talking about another version.

drewjustdrew
12-05-2005, 12:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Witness needs to be on this list. Harrison Ford and Kelly McGillis in Amish country.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good Movie

Georgia Avenue
12-05-2005, 12:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Durron,

Either way,

--GA

[/ QUOTE ]

From IMDB

The Core:

For reasons unknown, the earth's inner core has stopped rotating, causing the planet's electromagnetic field to rapidly deteriorate. Instantly, life around the globe begins to change dramatically. In Boston, 32 people with pacemakers, all within a 10-block radius, suddenly drop dead. In San Francisco, the Golden Gate Bridge collapses, sending hundreds of people plunging to their deaths. In London's Trafalgar Square, flocks of pigeons lose their ability to navigate, flying into panicked crowds, slamming into windshields and causing drivers to lose control of their cars. And in Rome, as thousands of tourists watch helplessly, an electrical superstorm reduces the ancient Roman Colosseum to rubble. Scrambling to resolve the crisis, government and military officials call upon geophysicist Dr. Josh Keyes and a team of the world's most gifted scientists to travel into the earth's core in a subterranean craft piloted by "terranauts" Major Rebecca "Beck" Childs and Commander Robert Iverson. Their mission: Detonate a nuclear device that will reactivate the core and save the world from sure destruction.

[/ QUOTE ]

That sounds...yeah, really bad. Why is it always a nuke-u-lar explosion that's needed to save the earth?

I saw Day After Tomorrow last night (Tagline: This year, a sweater won't do. ) and I fully expected them to come up with some kind of plan to bomb the massive snow-tornados into submission...(*spolier: they don't do that.)

Bad movies like this are actually fun to watch with some friends...

I saw Troy last week with my sister and her boyfriend and had a great time making fun of the redonkulous accents. Why was Odysseus SCOTTISH for pete's sake?

jesusarenque
12-05-2005, 12:33 PM
The Cable Guy or The Net

Cancuk
12-05-2005, 12:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The Cable Guy or The Net

[/ QUOTE ]

No way, the basketball scene alone gives the Cable Guy credit.

astroglide
12-05-2005, 01:34 PM
georgia,

i haven't seen heaven's gate but it's one of my dad's favorite movies

as i understand it was the world's biggest flop at the time, a la waterworld

fyodor
12-05-2005, 01:46 PM
Heaven't Gate was an excellent movie. The critics had it in for Chimino (sp?) They trashed it so bad it was pulled by the studio after opening night. They then re-edited it and chopped out about an hour.

I finally got to see the butchered release and it was great. My only complaint was that it should have been longer. Several years later they finally released the original version and it was in fact better with the extra hour.

Rating this movie bad is another example of the public jumping on the critics' bandwagon. Most critics don't have a f'n clue.

astroglide
12-05-2005, 01:56 PM
yeah, i bought him the extended version (double vhs at the time) because he had talked about the movie before. he liked it better. i do want to watch it sometime.

NutzyClutz
12-05-2005, 01:57 PM
sphere, waterworld,dune,leanard part 6, most of the saturday night skit to movie, and worst of all time> When Nature Calls

Yeti
12-05-2005, 01:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Face off- I know you have one Revolta movie on the list, but Cage and Revolta? jesus man, this one shattered the expectations of suckiness that i had come to expect from such movies as broken arrow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Er, are you on crack? Face/Off f'ing rules.

drewjustdrew
12-05-2005, 02:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Rating this movie bad is another example of the public jumping on the critics' bandwagon. Most critics don't have a f'n clue.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think more people rate it poorly because it flopped, not because of critical review and not because they have actually seen it.

astroglide
12-05-2005, 02:08 PM
i found face/off embarassingly bad

Yeti
12-05-2005, 02:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF, and we have you as a mod? Has the world gone mad?!

diebitter
12-05-2005, 02:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF, and we have you as a mod? Has the world gone mad?!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm with you, Yeti. Fabulous film - John Woo's best English one so far, I think.

Lurkmaster Flex
12-05-2005, 02:12 PM
No one has mentioned White Chicks or Boat Trip yet?

lighterjobs
12-05-2005, 02:34 PM
I watched a movie about a year ago called darkness.

it was pretty much the worst movie ever.

12-05-2005, 02:40 PM
how about every Crichton adaptation since Jurassic Park?

Sphere. . . brutal. Congo. . . horrible. Timeline. . . awful. I'm probably missing one or more.

diebitter
12-05-2005, 02:42 PM
I quite liked 13th Warrior in a cheesy way.

swede123
12-05-2005, 02:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Note: [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Swede

diebitter
12-05-2005, 02:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Note: [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wha? Who? Wha? Are you saying 13th Warrior was made BEFORE JP?

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

swede123
12-05-2005, 02:51 PM
Duh, you're right. I did a quick lookup and saw Jurassic Park 3 from 2001, compared to 13th Warrior from 1999. My bad, bitter. OK, let me jump on your bandwagon and agree with your assessment, 13th Warrior kicks ass!

Swede

astroglide
12-05-2005, 02:54 PM
broken arrow sucked. mi2 sucked. face/off sucked. why do people like john woo?

imported_The Vibesman
12-05-2005, 03:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
broken arrow sucked. mi2 sucked. face/off sucked. why do people like john woo?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hard Boiled, for one, which didn't suck. His Chinese movies are much better than his American fare. It doesn't help that he seems to want to work with the worst American actors, like Cruise, Cage and Travolta.

12-06-2005, 12:54 AM
Both of those Fast and Furious movies, Elf, and Ocean's 12 are high on my list.

12-06-2005, 12:57 AM
plan 9 from outer space...its not even close..yet its so bad its almost good.

diebitter
12-06-2005, 01:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
plan 9 from outer space...its not even close..yet its so bad its almost good.

[/ QUOTE ]

This raises an interesting point. I wouldn't consider Plan 9 the worst movie made cos it's very entertaining. I think I've watched this about 15-20 times, I like it so much. Worst means you regret pretty much every single minute you spend watching it.

highlander 2 for example I saw once, when it first came out, and I still hate it passionately today, long after I can remember much of the details (though I still remember enough, damn it!)

12-06-2005, 01:39 AM
I liked Without a Paddle. I don't know what it is doing up there.

tolbiny
12-07-2005, 11:24 AM
"Worst means you regret pretty much every single minute you spend watching it."

YES!!! Thisis the description of the worst movie. you can't say i laughed once or twice but the rest of the movie was absolutly awefull- its the worst movie ever. Because of this any movie with titties (unless they are horribly misshapen tities) in it is disqualified. 8 seconds of enjoyment is more than you get from the worst movie ever.
For my money the 10 mins of Moulon Rouge that i watched were the worst ever.

Action Scott
12-07-2005, 11:38 AM
Primary Colors
The Horse Whisperer
The only 2 movies I"ve ever walked out on.