PDA

View Full Version : Do you guys keep records of your online play?....

bookie socks
12-05-2005, 11:00 AM
If so, what do you keep track of, and what do you use to keep track of it (like a note book or journal)?

12-05-2005, 11:05 AM
Yes, I would say that most good players keep track of their play. I have Poker Tracker, which downloads all of my hands histories, and I also keep track of wins/losses, bonuses earned, etc. in an Excel spreadsheet.

12-05-2005, 11:33 AM
The idea of someone playing online, and then keeping their records in a notebook in longhand = hilarious.

theblitz
12-05-2005, 11:34 AM
I actually keep a list of bonuses earned in PT.
I add them as ficticious hands.

I have now started to keep a spreadsheet of my current holdings in each poker site. I found I was forgetting how much I had.

soko
12-05-2005, 12:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I actually keep a list of bonuses earned in PT.
I add them as ficticious hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

you don't think you might confuse your BB/100 and wind up thinking your a better player than you really are, or do you only play while bonus whoring?

darkcore
12-05-2005, 12:11 PM
i use pt for my play and a spreedsheat for my overall roll (how much on which site, bonuses... )

Cancuk
12-05-2005, 12:46 PM
I keep all my records in a journal. Beside them i paste pictures of my favourite things, so it's kinda like a scrapbook.

TheIrishThug
12-05-2005, 01:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you don't think you might confuse your BB/100 and wind up thinking your a better player than you really are, or do you only play while bonus whoring?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
i use pt for my play and a spreedsheat for my overall roll (how much on which site, bonuses... )

[/ QUOTE ]

Isura
12-05-2005, 01:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The idea of someone playing online, and then keeping their records in a notebook in longhand = hilarious.

[/ QUOTE ]

Geez, it's not that hard. Tuesday +$30, Wednesday -$25.

trainslayer
12-05-2005, 10:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I'm one funny dude then. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I keep a note book. Draw a line down the middle of the page for two columns. Date - site - limit - time - buyin - cashout - net. Fill one column go to the next. Not that big of a deal. Running totals at top for total loses, total wins.

Thank you and have a nice day.

IggyWH
12-05-2005, 10:36 PM
Spending the $55 on PT is much more efficient and much more effective. Poker just isn't about +'s and -'s

TheMetetron
12-05-2005, 10:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I keep a note book. Draw a line down the middle of the page for two columns. Date - site - limit - time - buyin - cashout - net. Fill one column go to the next. Not that big of a deal. Running totals at top for total loses, total wins.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why don't you use Excel?

12-06-2005, 12:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Geez, it's not that hard. Tuesday +$30, Wednesday -$25.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, wait, wait, how does that go again?

Skipbidder
12-06-2005, 12:57 AM
I actually used to keep paper records several years ago (when I was playing mostly at Planet and then a little Paradise). This is because I was playing a lot of live poker as well (and that I had been used to keeping paper records from my B&M only days). I frequently had short term staking arrangements during this time as well. This was long before there was a pokertracker available.

More recently, I was pretty religious religious about keeping records and trying to find deep meaning in them.

Most recently, I haven't been keeping records at all. I don't have that much time to play anymore secondary to work obligations, and I rather spend the time I have available playing rather than record tracking.

I went on a spate of bonus whoring, which makes record keeping much more difficult.

I still have overall total amount won known via neteller withdrawals and toting up the balances at all the sites.

There was a point in time not that long ago that I would have told you that someone who wasn't keeping tight records was extremely unlikely to be a winning player. I might have actually said that to some people...maybe even on this site. Whoops.

bookie socks
12-06-2005, 08:26 AM
Thanks for the input. Aren't there sites that PT can't get histories from. I also want to keep track of things like my mood and how I felt my game play was.

crunchy1
12-06-2005, 09:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I also want to keep track of things like my mood and how I felt my game play was.

[/ QUOTE ]
PT allows you to takes notes on individual sessions and hands.

jb9
12-06-2005, 10:46 AM
You might want to read through this thread (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=3423161&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1), although it basically says "Excel spreadsheet" and "Poker Tracker".

TheHammer24
12-06-2005, 12:27 PM
I use Excel and PT. In PT, I log site, limit, length of session, net won loss

Plus I keep track of bonuses and deposits withdrawals to and from my bank account

paperboyNC
12-06-2005, 12:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, I would say that most good players keep track of their play. I have Poker Tracker, which downloads all of my hands histories, and I also keep track of wins/losses, bonuses earned, etc. in an Excel spreadsheet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do the same. I use excel for:

- Daily win/loss
- Weekly win/loss
- Monthly win/loss

- Bonuses

It helps prevent me from using $215 to enter a MTT. I know that it'll be hard to make it up /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sand
12-06-2005, 03:31 PM
I analyze play in PT. I keep track of monies and daily tallies in Excel, particularly for tax purposes. I keep track of daily win loss and bonuses by day.

Bonuses really help to even out the losing days - when you tally in bonuses daily your days of losing really go down a bunch (bonuses are earned income by process of gambling so they go right in there). Great to ameliorate the itemized loss deduction.

RobertHunter
12-06-2005, 05:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
My wife has always told me I was a "funny guy", now I know what she meant.

Catt
12-06-2005, 07:07 PM
For daily results, I use an abacus I got as a present some time back. Once a week, I fire up the manual typeset printing press, break open a new barrel of ink, and print and bind my "Weekly Results Report." My wife stencils the cover in calligraphy, and once proofed for mistypes or inkruns, I seal it with candle wax stamped with my family's crest.

r3vbr
12-06-2005, 11:39 PM
I agree that playing online and using paper notebook intead of excel is absurd. I can't see the reason behind it.

Adam22
12-06-2005, 11:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
For daily results, I use an abacus I got as a present some time back. Once a week, I fire up the manual typeset printing press, break open a new barrel of ink, and print and bind my "Weekly Results Report." My wife stencils the cover in calligraphy, and once proofed for mistypes or inkruns, I seal it with candle wax stamped with my family's crest.

[/ QUOTE ]

TRUE STORYS OF LOL

Sponger15SB
12-06-2005, 11:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is [censored] hilarious.

34TheTruth34
12-07-2005, 12:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

PotD!

trainslayer
12-07-2005, 05:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why don't you use Excel?

[/ QUOTE ]

Personal preference. That's all.

Mempho
12-07-2005, 09:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why don't you use Excel?

[/ QUOTE ]

Personal preference. That's all.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not alone...I use a notebook for ease. I then transfer everything into Statking when I feel like it.

ChuckyB
12-07-2005, 09:36 PM
I have three different books and a computer program. I'm pretty anal about money.

I track the money going in and out with Quicken (personal finance program I've used for about 10 years).

I have a daily book that I use while I'm playing to record note.

I have a notebook for a weekly lookback at how I did at each level, tourney, etc.

And I have notebook specifically for bonuses and rakeback.