PDA

View Full Version : brushing teeth at night?

chisness
12-05-2005, 06:27 AM
who does it?

tonypaladino
12-05-2005, 06:29 AM
where's "always"? Sucky poll.

chisness
12-05-2005, 06:30 AM
i didn't want someone who almost always does to choose "sometimes" and throw off the results.

diebitter
12-05-2005, 06:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Anything other than 'always' is deeply revoling.

raptor517
12-05-2005, 06:31 AM
chisness, seriously, brush yer teeth before going to bed. ull get cancer. holla

evil_twin
12-05-2005, 06:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
who does it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get it, there must be some hidden motive for posting this. If not then you missed out the "we all do, freaking obviously" option on your poll.

chisness
12-05-2005, 06:37 AM
admittedly i almost never do. i used to but once i started going to bed at really random times (high school) i stopped. i do it every morning obviously (and have no cavities) so it's not a hygiene issue at all.

raptor517
12-05-2005, 06:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
who does it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get it, there must be some hidden motive for posting this. If not then you missed out the "we all do, freaking obviously" option on your poll.

[/ QUOTE ]

his point was he doesnt, and he thought it was normal /images/graemlins/wink.gif he will now. peer pressure. holla

Brom
12-05-2005, 06:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Anything other than 'always' is deeply revoling.

[/ QUOTE ]

And this is coming from a Brit!

chisness
12-05-2005, 06:44 AM
i was born in london, moved here when i was 1 though. guess that's my excuse!

evil_twin
12-05-2005, 06:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i do it every morning obviously (and have no cavities) so it's not a hygiene issue at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yes, proof indeed it's not a hygiene issue.

tonypaladino
12-05-2005, 06:47 AM
I can't beleive 5 people voted "amost never"

Yuck, Once every few months or so I am so drunk or tired I fall alseep without brushing, and my mouth tastes like a dead animal in the morning. I can't stand it.

chisness
12-05-2005, 06:49 AM
what i meant was by doing it in the morning we avoid bad breath so that shouldn't be an issue.

the cavities thing was an aside.

Vavavoom
12-05-2005, 07:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What is with the hygiene of some people....

Don't make me get started on the 2 showers a day thing either....

evil_twin
12-05-2005, 07:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't make me get started on the 2 showers a day thing either....

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah those crazy obsessive compulsives who shower and brush their teeth twice a day. An insane clean fetish is the only possible explaination.

chisness
12-05-2005, 07:33 AM
i'll accept that i should brush twice a day but showering twice is over the top

GoblinMason (Craig)
12-05-2005, 07:45 AM
Where's the always except when drunk option?

evil_twin
12-05-2005, 08:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

An entirely fair position, I'll only go for the 2nd shower if I've done some kind of sweat inducing exercise. I'm not really going to let it bother me if people want to shower twice daily as a regular thing though, anything that prevents me from having to put up with stinky people has to be good.

Vavavoom
12-05-2005, 08:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I work a long day, I have a shower when I get up and I'll have one before I go to bed....

Just habitual more than anything....Not on overly compulsive person other than that...But I like to feel clean....

Isura
12-05-2005, 09:39 AM
The results of this poll are quite disturbing.

12-05-2005, 09:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Yuck, Once every few months or so I am so drunk or tired I fall alseep without brushing, and my mouth tastes like a dead animal in the morning. I can't stand it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You cant stand the 10 seconds it takes to start brushing your teeth in the morning?
Or do you not brush them in the morning?

diebitter
12-05-2005, 09:50 AM
I find this discussion particularly revolting, and so am ashamed of myself for suggesting we add 'and no brushing teeth allowed' for the Crimson 'eat cat food for a week' challenge. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

peachy
12-05-2005, 10:08 AM
why no always?

Mr_J
12-05-2005, 10:08 AM
Yeh twice a day. Morning and in the evening/night before I go out. Waiting until you go to sleep for the 2nd brush is pretty silly, unless you're at home all night & alone.

Usually a few showers a day. I like showers and like to feel fresh/clean whenever I go out. It's got nothing to do with hygiene, just feeling fresh and smelling good. If I hit the beach or a pool or something I'll prob just have the one shower before I go out at night.

If you only have 1 shower a day it means either you stink during the day, or you stink when you go out at night. Either way the ladies aren't likin' it.

pokerdirty
12-05-2005, 10:10 AM
I hate brushing my teeth at night, but I'll listerine & brush always in the morning.

This would be different if I was sleeping with anyone at the moment.

jba
12-05-2005, 10:24 AM
everytime I see a post from now on about troubles getting laid, it will make a lot more sense.

you dirty bastards

12-05-2005, 10:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You cant stand the 10 seconds it takes to start brushing your teeth in the morning?

[/ QUOTE ]
He said he brushes every morning. When he doesn't brush at night, it feels gross.

12-05-2005, 10:37 AM
i think dentists are mostly a scam. I go in feeling fine, and i leave with 6 drillings. B.S. the guy abused me to make money.

chisness
12-05-2005, 10:58 AM
usually is basically always, but i didn't want people who always do except, for example, when drunk, to say sometimes instead.

man
12-05-2005, 11:13 AM
I brush about 1.5 times a day. always when I wake up, and about half the time after I take a shower in the evening. most of the time I just forget.

I honestly don't see why this is a problem. it's not like brushing your teeth thoroughly cleans them anyway. what's gross is how rarely people floss.

bad beetz
12-05-2005, 11:57 AM
I've never done it, I have no cavities, and I get p ussy.

evil_twin
12-05-2005, 12:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I honestly don't see why this is a problem. it's not like brushing your teeth thoroughly cleans them anyway. what's gross is how rarely people floss.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps you've never tried one of these (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00008BFXK/qid=1133798579/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/104-9918842-3339144?v=glance&s=hpc&n=507846). And no, having any normal other electric toothbrush does not qualify in any way. Flossing is still good though.

astroglide
12-05-2005, 12:30 PM
i just use mouthwash at night

TeeJayORTj
12-05-2005, 12:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Always is a solid option. But I know for me when I come home drunk I rarely brush my teeth. It is honestly my New Years Resolution to brush my teeth when I come home drunk.

tonypaladino
12-05-2005, 12:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you stupid or do you just lack reading comprehension?

Escape
12-05-2005, 02:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Always is a solid option. But I know for me when I come home drunk I rarely brush my teeth. It is honestly my New Years Resolution to brush my teeth when I come home drunk.

[/ QUOTE ]

I always brush, except when drunk. However brushing your teeth doesn't make the dead animal taste go away in the morning, so why bother?

12-05-2005, 04:51 PM
this is sick. i brush like 3-4 times a day. it's the first thing i do when i get up and one of the last things i do before i sleep. i also usually brush at random times when i'm home, usually after eating something.

i also shower twice a day, but only because i have to shower before work (or i feel weird) and because i don't like going to bed feeling dirty.

tdarko
12-05-2005, 04:57 PM
i don't know abou the "this is sick" issue, i do it for the same reason i like to shower before going to sleep, i like to feel refreshed when i lay down.

i brush my teeth about 6 times a day (in the car too) and i take showers constantly, to a lot of people this is probably stranger than not brushing them once at night so give the guy a break.

EDIT: i wasn't able to vote so i can't see the results.

Ulysses
12-05-2005, 05:06 PM
OOT,

WTF!?

chisness
12-05-2005, 05:20 PM
suddenly brushing once a day makes me feel very normal

bad beetz
12-05-2005, 05:22 PM
I bet you don't pee in the shower?

SCfuji
12-05-2005, 05:25 PM
i brush twice and floss once a day. 6 times a day has to irritate the gums, no?

12-05-2005, 05:27 PM
peeing in the shower is fine. i'm not some hygeine freak. i just don't know how people can go so long in between brushings.

tdarko
12-05-2005, 05:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
suddenly brushing once a day makes me feel very normal

[/ QUOTE ]
see! i posted just for you chisness. i wanted you to know that there are others on the opposite end of the spectrum that could be construed as weirder.

i have been told i am very OCD when it comes to showering and my teeth. my center console in my car contains; a toothbrush, toothpaste, travel bottle of listerine, floss, toothpicks and cd's. i can't help it, after i eat i have to clean. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

chisness
12-05-2005, 05:31 PM
1) they now have portable toothbrushing things, brush ups

2) the opposite end of the spectrum is brushing a couple times a week, not once a day

tdarko
12-05-2005, 05:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

i brush twice and floss once a day. 6 times a day has to irritate the gums, no?

[/ QUOTE ]
i went to the dentist for the first time in 4 years 7 months ago and he said that my teeth (and overall dental condition) were cleaner and in better condition than people that regularly see him. this is partly why i take such good care of my teeth...i detest going to the dentist with every bit of my heart.

now i am sure that i go to extremes and what i do is not needed to take general care of your teeth. i also like to brush after i eat to get garlic and onion tastes out of my mouth etc.

tdarko
12-05-2005, 05:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1) they now have portable toothbrushing things, brush ups

[/ QUOTE ]
these chalky things are terrible and a waste of money