PDA

View Full Version : 200NL - AA in MP

Ojo_Rojo
12-05-2005, 06:11 AM
I had no reads on the Button, except hes a loose goose, but other Villain(UTG) is pretty solid (25/12). His smooth call of the minraise on the flop worried me, but there not many hands that can beat me, are there? What do I do? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

All comments appreciated...

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG ($180)
Hero ($186.20)
CO ($321.75)
Button ($164)
SB ($58.35)
BB ($85.60)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls $2, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $9</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $9, SB calls $8, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls $7.

Flop: ($38) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $30</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $60</font>, SB folds, UTG calls $60, Hero ??

Many thanks!!

Ojo_Rojo

Recliner
12-05-2005, 06:20 AM
The only hand you have to be worried about it is 66. I think you're going to see KK-JJ or a flush draw here more than you're going to see 66, or the horror of 22 or a 2. You have the A /images/graemlins/spade.gif which gives you the redraw, so I'm likely to push. Though I would check on the villians 'won at showdown' and 'went to showdown' numbers before pushing.

pottie
12-05-2005, 07:35 AM
I might find a fold here especially if you have a tight image at that moment. UTG's play looks like a very strong hand. You play your hand like a big overpair, continuation betting into 3 opponents, they dont seem scared.

Ojo_Rojo
12-05-2005, 09:45 AM
Thanks for the comments - it sounds like the hand is not clear -cut at all which is comforting to know.

I chose to smooth-call the minraise. The turn was a rag, and it was checked to me. I pushed, and lost to UTGs' 66.

If the turn was a spade then I was prepared to slow down completely. Does that sound reasonable?

Thanks!!
Ojo_Rojo

4_2_it
12-05-2005, 09:48 AM
$30 to win $180. I think you have sufficient odds for a call. If you would call a non-spade turn push then call; otherwise fold.

I am torn about whether you just re-raise all in on the flop. It folds the flush draw, but most likely only gets called by 66, KK-QQ.

soko
12-05-2005, 10:14 AM
How often do you see A2 suited? I've probally seen it more times than underpairs but I am pretty sure I have the worst luck in the whole world.

FlyingStart
12-05-2005, 10:49 AM
UTG's really screams 66 here, but then again there are only 3 combos of 66 in the deck..

Two spades are really not that likely from a solid player because if he limps something suited in spades UTG he wants the nutdraw if he is calling a raise (and you hold the A /images/graemlins/spade.gif). Also I don't think he would draw to less than nutflush OOP on a paired board. Any High PP he would have raised preflop.. A deuce from UTG should also be really unlikely and because he is a solid player he knows that trip deuces should probably not be slowplayed here, and calling preflop with any deuce sux (except A2s and 22).

I think maybe I fold here, but this relies pretty heavy on UTG being solid. If I'm going to play I think I push since spades is the only hand I beat from UTG and it is no point in giving him free cards. The pot is big enough for UTG to call with a flushdraw now.. which is really just another reason for UTG not to have a flushdraw because he would probably shove to see both cards and throw in some FE too

-Skeme-
12-05-2005, 02:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The only hand you have to be worried about it is 66.

[/ QUOTE ]

And every single other combination of Deuce.