PDA

View Full Version : 5th St decision

blumpkin22
12-05-2005, 02:25 AM
Online 20/40. Opponent is fairly average, a little aggressive sometimes. Someone brings it in and I complete with (3/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif) A/images/graemlins/club.gif and it's folded to the K/images/graemlins/club.gif in middle position who calls. Everyone else folds. There is one other dead /images/graemlins/club.gif, all other relevant cards are live.

4th:
Me: (3/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif) A/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif
Him: (xx) K/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif

I bet he calls.

5th:
Me: (3/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif) A/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Him: (xx) K/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif

I bet and he raises.

BTirish
12-05-2005, 02:51 AM
Looks like a three-bet to me. If he makes it 4, check-call down. He could have a pair and 4-flush and be looking for a free 6th street and/or more money in the pot if he hits the flush. You happen to know he's drawing somewhat thin to that flush. I don't imagine he has J-J or 8-8 in the hole. If he's rolled, at least you're not totally crushed. If he's made the flush, you're less crushed.

Edit: Actually, calling and then leading out on 6th might be your best move.

blumpkin22
12-05-2005, 03:01 AM
But no matter which line you take on fifth, check/call sixth if he catches a /images/graemlins/club.gif and you don't improve?

benwood
12-05-2005, 03:03 AM
Wow!Interesting hand.As far as analysis,BTirish is correct imo.Good post.

benwood
12-05-2005, 03:04 AM
I would.

BTirish
12-05-2005, 03:25 AM
Yeah, if he catches another club then it's definitely check/call UI. I'm still not sure whether to 3-bet or plan to lead on 6th if he doesn't make a club. Basically, I think you have to defend against the free card, and you are ahead often enough (while having decent equity if you're not) to get some more money in there. So it's either call/lead or raise/call/lead.

blumpkin22
12-05-2005, 03:56 AM
What if he caps 5th, picks up a /images/graemlins/club.gif on sixth, and you don't improve on the river?

BTirish
12-05-2005, 01:15 PM
Well, the pot is pretty huge by that point. I have not yet learned how to fold three of a kind heads up. I'll leave it to better players whether or not it is a good idea to fold.

The only other hand he could hold is A-A-K-8-J (which is the only other way he could show a lack of fear for aces up), in which case the club doesn't bother you and he wouldn't be capping it unless he's really loose/aggressive. The cap would seem to indicate a made flush, a 4-flush with a pair, or a set. Given this, maybe it's possible to fold on the river UI if he hit a club on 6th. But I'm not sure.

Jeffage
12-05-2005, 01:33 PM
Let's reraise and punish his pair of kings + backup dead club draw.

Jeff

MRBAA
12-05-2005, 01:47 PM
Eek, am I too timid? You're representing aces up and he raises? Sure looks like a roll up, trip jacks or a flush to me. I call the raise, bet sixth, call a raise there and seriously consider folding the river if I don't fill.

jon_1van
12-05-2005, 03:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Let's reraise and punish his pair of kings + backup dead club draw.

Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly

blumpkin22
12-05-2005, 11:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Online 20/40. Opponent is fairly average, a little aggressive sometimes. Someone brings it in and I complete with (3/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif) A/images/graemlins/club.gif and it's folded to the K/images/graemlins/club.gif in middle position who calls. Everyone else folds. There is one other dead /images/graemlins/club.gif, all other relevant cards are live.

4th:
Me: (3/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif) A/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif
Him: (xx) K/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif

I bet he calls.

5th:
Me: (3/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif) A/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Him: (xx) K/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif

I bet and he raises.

[/ QUOTE ]

I reraised 5th and he capped. Yikes. On sixth he hits yet another /images/graemlins/club.gif. Jesus, how many clubs are in the deck? I check/call.

Plan for the river? Check/call if miss, check/raise if hit?

By the way, I really wanted to check/fold if I missed.

preiserone
12-06-2005, 02:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Plan for the river? Check/call if miss, check/raise if hit?

[/ QUOTE ]

With that big of a pot I think this is all you can do.