PDA

View Full Version : Laid Down KK Pre-Flop, SUCCESSFULLY!

PartySNGer
12-05-2005, 12:49 AM
Flame if you want, but I was 95% sure he had AA, and I made the correct laydown. And sorry, dont know how to use converter/

NL Texas Hold'em $50 Buy-in + $5 Entry Fee
Level:1 Blinds(10/15)
Seat 10 is the button
Total number of players : 8
Seat 4: Hero ( $1000 )
Seat 9: x_Scratchy_x ( $975 )
Seat 1: Zigrano ( $1265 )
Seat 3: yachtgod ( $1980 )
Seat 2: bigj0e04 ( $970 )
Seat 5: ghostdogg10 ( $880 )
Seat 10: HoopsUD ( $890 )
Seat 7: RJ2520 ( $2040 )
Trny:17999075 Level:1
Blinds(10/15)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Hero [ Kh Kc ]
yachtgod raises [50].
Hero calls [50].
ghostdogg10 folds.
RJ2520 raises [200].
x_Scratchy_x folds.
HoopsUD folds.
Zigrano folds.
bigj0e04 folds.
yachtgod raises [400].
Hero folds.
RJ2520 calls [250].
** Dealing Flop ** [ 4s, 2s, Js ]
yachtgod bets [200].
RJ2520 folds.
yachtgod shows [ Ad, As ] a pair of aces.
yachtgod wins 1175 chips

bones
12-05-2005, 12:50 AM
Edit: to remove participation in this thread.

bigt439
12-05-2005, 12:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Flame if you want,

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, at least you know it was a bad fold.

bluefeet
12-05-2005, 12:52 AM
Arriving late to the table, seeing raise~reraise~rereraise warrents a "hmmmmmm", but how could you possibly put him on only those two hand combinations facing the initial riase? How come no reraise?

Newt_Buggs
12-05-2005, 12:52 AM
I don't like your pf smooth call.

zipppy
12-05-2005, 12:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Flame if you want,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if hero has reads from previous tourneys (strong reads), then I don't think this is a flat out bad fold. questionable, yes, but not "bad". Reads exist for a reason.

To the OP: if you thought he had AA based on the action that happened during the hand, and not based on previous tourney's reads, IMO it was a bad fold.

>>>ZIPPPY

PartySNGer
12-05-2005, 12:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I just like to let the action come to me PF with KK and QQ and make a move when no overcard comes. This is of course in a raised pot, I would put in the first raise in an unraised pot.

adanthar
12-05-2005, 12:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I just like to let the action come to me PF with KK and QQ

[/ QUOTE ]

stop doing that and you will win far more money than this one time you managed to find a possibly barely right, possibly wrong fold

PartySNGer
12-05-2005, 12:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Flame if you want,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if hero has reads from previous tourneys (strong reads), then I don't think this is a flat out bad fold. questionable, yes, but not "bad". Reads exist for a reason.

To the OP: if you thought he had AA based on the action that happened during the hand, and not based on previous tourney's reads, IMO it was a bad fold.

>>>ZIPPPY

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough. I didn't have a super great read on the guy, but I did remember his as being fairly tight early and had a note saying so as well. The PF action confirmed bullets in my mind. I knew he wasn't a donk and I didn't think he would put in the 4th bet with AK.

PartySNGer
12-05-2005, 01:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

stop doing that and you will win far more money than this one time you managed to find a possibly barely right, possibly wrong fold

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you saying to stop folding KK PF or stop cold-calling? This is the one and only time I've laid down KK PF so I doubt this will happen again anytime soon. As for cold-calling, I will normally do it vs. a EP raise like this b/c I will have position on the raiser and I can put in a raise on the flop if I like what I see. I also play a far different game once the blinds reach 25/50 and higher and rarely, if ever, coldcall at those levels.

12-05-2005, 01:36 AM
i think he was saying stop smooth calling with KK. and if he wasn't saying that, i'd like to say it.

sure you want to get action with your monsters, but you're begging people to draw out against you, even on the flop. hands like KK/AA depreciate with more cards. make people pay to see them.

zaphod
12-05-2005, 01:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you saying to stop folding KK PF or stop cold-calling? This is the one and only time I've laid down KK PF so I doubt this will happen again anytime soon. As for cold-calling, I will normally do it vs. a EP raise like this b/c I will have position on the raiser and I can put in a raise on the flop if I like what I see. I also play a far different game once the blinds reach 25/50 and higher and rarely, if ever, coldcall at those levels.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't like your preflop call either. How are you going to evaluate the flop when 1 or 2 more players sees the flop and you get the following flops:

Axx
Q9x
86x
Jxx(all suited)

I want to play this hand heads up, so i reraise preflop.

As for the fold i don't know, possibly right, possibly wrong.

PartySNGer
12-05-2005, 01:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I really don't like your preflop call either. How are you going to evaluate the flop when 1 or 2 more players sees the flop and you get the following flops:

Axx
Q9x
86x
Jxx(all suited)

I want to play this hand heads up, so i reraise preflop.

As for the fold i don't know, possibly right, possibly wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Axx - If it's checked to me I take a stab and prob give up if I meet resistance.

Q9x and 86x - I am willing to go broke no matter what with a Q9x flop and prob the same with 86x unless the action just screams set.

Jxx (all suited) - Not much different than how I'd play it had I raised PF. Make a raise or strong bet on flop to define my hand and go from there.

jeffraider
12-05-2005, 04:40 AM
This hand is ALSO poop!