PDA

View Full Version : LIVE 20. 85s. AM I SICK?

flawless_victory
12-05-2005, 12:44 AM
20/40 club game, same as other posts.
i squeeze off 8d5d in LMP. i peek left and see 2 out of 3 behind are practically pre-mucvking so i openraise.
i manage to buy the button, but extremely loose passive chinese guy calls in the BB (any2 almost), and psycho thai gamerunner calls in BB (100% any2, we have a history of trying to outplay each other... and give each other a lot of action he doesnt really know how to play poker, but he likes me and has respect for me cause i raise alot... i am a big winner in his game, so he understands i am a pro, play well, blahblah)

flop comes Kd3s2c
check, BB donks it (WTF?)... i figure there is no effing way he bets a K here (he KNOWS i will bet) and w/ the 2 backdoor draws i go ahead and raise it, sb folds (sometimes Kxx flops are the best), BB calls.

turn comes the 3d
BB checks, i bet.

if i get CRed, def peel and fold UI, i plan betting when checked to on river no matter what comes.

DeathDonkey
12-05-2005, 12:49 AM
Another thing you could do is check behind on the turn and raise the river no matter what it is. If he pairs on the river you get called but its worth a shot. Though this sucks if he will like check/call the river with a bad ace high. Your way 3 betting the turn would be cool too, you may as well go all the way, and he seems like the type of guy who will try and win the pot but then you stick that 3rd bet to him and he'll always believe you because your that monster pro guy and nobody ever 3 bets on the turn without the near nuts in live games.

-DeathDonkey

Entity
12-05-2005, 12:53 AM
With your description of the blinds I don't really see why you're raising this preflop. Seems like you're itching to pick a fight (looks like it postflop too, heh /images/graemlins/smile.gif). On the turn I like your plan.

tpir90036
12-05-2005, 12:55 AM
i am not sure that i have ever found a spot to use it in my life, but is there any FE in a turn semi-bluff 3-bet?

I think that shows more strength then if you check behind on the turn and try to steal it on the river. Geting 4-bet would eat but I am not sure how likely a threat that is given your read.

shemp
12-05-2005, 01:22 AM
The preflop decision seems foolish. What would a check raise on the turn tell you about his hand?

flawless_victory
12-05-2005, 01:24 AM
it would tell me he had trips or possibly picked up a diamond draw.

flawless_victory
12-05-2005, 01:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The preflop decision seems foolish.

[/ QUOTE ]
well, maybe it would be foolish for you, but i play probably play alot better than you after the flop... when you analyze a hand i post, remember to pretend you play effing good postflop. thx.

shemp
12-05-2005, 01:50 AM
Your description of your two opponents, which, of course, may not be reliable as we've established in another thread, is what makes me say this. Obviously your edge is huge and you know it, or it isn't but you think it is, that is understood at the outset.

flawless_victory
12-06-2005, 12:38 AM
so i bet turn, he looks at me goofy and says "look what i bet you with!" or something weird and mucks 95o face up. haha... what a lunatic.
he had waay the best of it too... o man.

bambi
12-06-2005, 02:39 AM
I go call, call, call and watch him muck his 95o before you show, then you turn over 8 hi and effing laugh your head off.

Pog0
12-06-2005, 07:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I go call, call, call and watch him muck his 95o before you show, then you turn over 8 hi and effing laugh your head off.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're gonna need quite a read to make that river call :P

BigEndian
12-06-2005, 09:41 AM
Do me a favor. Let's not turn this forum into High Stakes II. Egos play a big part in our poker success but let's not let it get out of hand.

- Jim