PDA

View Full Version : HU vs LAG flop c/r after btn steal

gaming_mouse
12-05-2005, 12:36 AM
LAG is BB. You open on the button, he calls. He knows you do this with a wide range. And he's calling with at least 50% of his hands, maybe more.

Question 1: What is your opening range here?

Question 2: Flop comes Axx. LAG c/raises you. Now what?

If you say fold, note that (havn't run the numbers, but I think this true) the LAG can c/r any A flop against your opening range for a profit.

So what do you do about this? Check behind the flop? Call down any pocket pairs? How about when you spike your ace? When do you raise, flop or turn?

Basically, I'm confused because his very simple strategy of call your opening raise, and c/r alot of flops seems pretty good: Either we call down alot and pay off his good hands, or we risk getting run over. How can we defend against it?

etizzle
12-05-2005, 01:32 AM
well i'm always calling down when my PP is higher than the 2nd card on the board, that is for sure (unless he adjusts and doesnt c/r bluff as much).

Mix in a bluff 3 bet on the flop every once in a while, and vary wether you raise the flop or turn when you do have it. Sometimes I'll even wait til the river.

Rubeskies
12-05-2005, 02:41 AM
Question 1: I Scratch some of my low steal hands like 78o and 56s. All the hands with high card strength stay though.

Question 2: Depends entirely on your hand, the xx, how much you have been stealing and your Shania. So basically: it depends.