PDA

View Full Version : I love being passive

kurosh
12-04-2005, 10:52 PM
3/5 blind structure. It's 5-handed, but I have no reads because they recently sat down. Unknowns in this game are generally too loose and aggressive.

Folded to button, who raises. I call in the SB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif3/images/graemlins/spade.gif. BB calls.

Flop: 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif
I check. BB checks. Button bets. I call. BB raises. Button calls. I call.

Turn: 7/images/graemlins/club.gif
I check. BB bets. Button folds. I call.

River: A/images/graemlins/club.gif
I check. BB bets. I raise, planning to cap, of course.

TStoneMBD
12-04-2005, 11:02 PM
i usually just muck these in the SB against a button raise. kurosh ive seen you coldcalling alot in the SB and i gotta say i think its a leak but i know you wont listen to me anyway. postflop looks good.

kurosh
12-04-2005, 11:05 PM
I only coldcall in blind structures bigger than 1/2. What is wrong with coldcalling? I like the way it makes postflop play out.

oreogod
12-04-2005, 11:21 PM
if u play I prefer a tree bet preflop. I no likely the CC.

Victor
12-04-2005, 11:35 PM
i would bet the riv.

Lmn55d
12-04-2005, 11:37 PM
i think i would also bet the river. if he has a 2 he'll be scared a lot. You'll also get calls from K or Q high flush draws a lot. Oh and if he has a flush draw and is not a complete donk he might not bluff

NLSoldier
12-04-2005, 11:48 PM
I dont like the cold call preflop. I'd bet the river.

TStoneMBD
12-04-2005, 11:49 PM
ahhh i knew i was missing something. yah i also bet river.

12-04-2005, 11:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I only coldcall in blind structures bigger than 1/2. What is wrong with coldcalling? I like the way it makes postflop play out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whats right about it?

kurosh
12-05-2005, 12:00 AM
Ok, I thought about it a bit. 3-betting PF is better. There are some reasons why I did it here, but knocking out the BB is more important. I agree with the river bet too.

Ryno
12-05-2005, 12:03 AM
"planning to cap, of course"

Whoa slow down there...(ok just kidding)

I like this hand a lot, except maybe the cold call in the SB. Yes, when an Ace flops, it makes it easier to play, but you can rope-a-dope an unimproved Ace headsup against one person a lot easier than two.

The BB can have all kinds of funny stuff on the river. If people are too loose and aggressive, hey, let them make their mistake. That's what you did.

TheMetetron
12-05-2005, 12:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I dont like the cold call preflop. I'd bet the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep... just inflating the post count.

Edit: Crap, this isn't OOT?

gaming_mouse
12-05-2005, 12:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok, I thought about it a bit. 3-betting PF is better. There are some reasons why I did it here, but knocking out the BB is more important. I agree with the river bet too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Will you explain this? Based on your passive play, he has no reason to suspect you have an A. Either he has one too, in which case it doesn't matter, or he has a 2, which he'd bet, or a 7, which he probly wouldnt. Unless you think he'd raise a 2 and call a 3bet. Just curious about your reasoning.