PDA

View Full Version : OT: just got SNGPT, trying to figure some stuff out

liucipher
12-04-2005, 10:26 PM
I'd post on eastbay's site, but registration looked like a pain. Sorry if this question is unwelcome here.

1.) When you load hand histories, why are some hands in red (i.e unloadable)

2.) What kind of minimum edge should I be looking for (is the default 0.5% okay)?

3.) Out of curiosity, what % of hands are the T A L M settings? I tried playing w/ the "Convert % ranges" and couldn't get them ...

Thanks in advance. Pretty psyched about this prog.

splashpot
12-04-2005, 10:30 PM
1) Those hands are not folded around to you. For example maybe the action went fold, fold, min-raise, action to you. You can't use ICM in those situations.

2) Up to you.

3) When you hit compute, a number pops up under "%hold". That is the % you opponent will have a hand within that range.

12-04-2005, 10:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1.) When you load hand histories, why are some hands in red (i.e unloadable)

3.) Out of curiosity, what % of hands are the T A L M settings? I tried playing w/ the "Convert % ranges" and couldn't get them ...

[/ QUOTE ]

1) hands in red are inappropriate for SNGPT (there was a non-all-in raise, for instance).

3) You can't convery a range to a %, but you can go the other way. Type in 23% for a range and then click "convert" and you'll get something very close to the maniac calling range, for instance. Trial and error will get you all the ranges.

liucipher
12-05-2005, 01:02 AM
This is defininitely a stupid question, but why can't you use ICM to model if you're going to push over a raise? Can't you put original raiser on a raising range and crunch through the numbers?

splashpot
12-05-2005, 01:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This is defininitely a stupid question, but why can't you use ICM to model if you're going to push over a raise? Can't you put original raiser on a raising range and crunch through the numbers?

[/ QUOTE ]
Not only do you have to guess their raising range, but you have to guess the range that they will call your push with. And a lot of the time, there is a min-raise, cold-call, cold-call, action to you. Which means you would have to calculate both those ranges for 3 players. And the ranges would be totally different for all 3 players. See where I'm getting with this...??

liucipher
12-05-2005, 01:26 AM
I see. So in a particular situation there was a raise in front of me and I pushed. To calculate "ICM" (though admittedly not really) this should theoretically make sense, no?

1.) Set up SNGPT as if I was calling him all-in.
2.) Set it up as if I was pushing w/ the raise as part of the dead money.
3.) Give him a raising/calling range. Use SNGPT to figure out what % of hands he'll call with (or just guess your FE).
4.) Do an Harrington-esque expected value where I multiply #1 by his odds of calling and #2 by his odds of folding.

tigerite
12-05-2005, 05:28 AM
It doesn't really work that way no.. you can do ICM manually for that kind of situation. It is very hard to work out pushing over a raise - I do have a method for doing it, but no idea if it's right or not.