PDA

View Full Version : SSHE playing any 2 suited cards in the SB?

12-04-2005, 10:21 PM
SSHE suggests playing any two suited cards in the small blind in both loose and tight games. Does anybody feel this is too loose? PT is showing that I am losing money doing this. It's very likely that I may be going to far with them as well. Should I alter the SB requirement? Maybe suited connectors only?

SoftcoreRevolt
12-04-2005, 10:23 PM
If you don't feel you aren't playing them right, cut it down to connectors and one gappers, and probably Axs-Qxs.

Eeegah
12-04-2005, 10:26 PM
Keep in mind your winrates with suited in the blind is probably never, ever, ever going to converge to a true winrate. That said, I generally call any suited, but if a hand has just some UTG limper with me holding 72s or something I wouldn't mind just chucking it.

zuluking
12-04-2005, 11:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Does anybody feel this is too loose?

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

Shillx
12-04-2005, 11:56 PM
Well you are going to have to give more information than this. I might make a comment like...

"I lose .2 BB everytime I play 32s from the small blind, therefore I should start folding it."

The truth is that you shouldn't fold it if you lose .2 BB everytime you play it. You will lose .25 BB if you fold it everytime, so you are + .05 BB by playing it. So are you saying that you lose more then .25 BB for all suited connectors, or are you saying that you just lose money net? Everyone loses from the small blind, so if it is the later you have nothing to worry about.

12-05-2005, 12:09 AM
I initially thought the same as well, but if the flop misses you completely, or all you get is a backdoor draw, it's an easy check/fold.

masse75
12-05-2005, 10:59 PM
if it's a bad suited hand (like 84), and it's only 1 caller other than BB, I might dump it.

If it's folded around to me, I it's either raise/fold to steal the BB, depending on the type of player he is.

12-05-2005, 11:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
SSHE suggests playing any two suited cards in the small blind in both loose and tight games. Does anybody feel this is too loose? PT is showing that I am losing money doing this. It's very likely that I may be going to far with them as well. Should I alter the SB requirement? Maybe suited connectors only?

[/ QUOTE ]

well ill go against the grain.... i fold the vast majority of suited hands from SB.

only J+xs or at most 1 gapped suited connectors

Guthrie
12-05-2005, 11:04 PM
Based on SSHE, I used to auto-complete any two suited in the small blind. Now I wait to see the action and:

[ QUOTE ]
if it's a bad suited hand (like 84), and it's only 1 caller other than BB, I might dump it.

If it's folded around to me, I it's either raise/fold to steal the BB, depending on the type of player he is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aaron W.
12-05-2005, 11:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What's the blind structure? If it's 1/3 of a bet, you should tighten up. But for 1/2 bet, I would complete if there are two limpers. One limper makes me stop and think a little bit about the skill of the limper and blind.

SCfuji
12-06-2005, 12:43 AM
hey fathomer

if you feel uncomfortable playing weak hands like this out of position just because it is cheap, then passing on them may be better for now. but if you decide to continue playing these suited hands just wait for bigger hands to go past the flop like trips, flushes, straights, or flush draws/open ended (not the sucker end), or flush and straight draws. just forget playing them for pair value.

12-06-2005, 01:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What's the blind structure? If it's 1/3 of a bet, you should tighten up. But for 1/2 bet, I would complete if there are two limpers. One limper makes me stop and think a little bit about the skill of the limper and blind.

[/ QUOTE ]

What are our standards for a 3/5 or 2/3? The SB is .15 some .25/.5 tables.

12-06-2005, 05:30 AM
I like thinking of the SB as the position that thought forgot and will play most anything from here when it isn't raised. Axo, anything suited, un-suited gappers, un-suited connctors. Just giving PT a quick look see, my biggest loses come when I over play tp/wk, usually into tp/bk or an over pair and make stupid calls. Of course the biggest wins come when lightning strikes or from quality hands holding up. After 3,572 hands in the SB I've got a vpip of 43%, a win rate of 12% and am down .09 BB/100.

12-06-2005, 07:46 AM
Complete - fold to BB raise without several callers - see flop - c/f UI.

12-06-2005, 07:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well ill go against the grain.... i fold the vast majority of suited hands from SB.

only J+xs or at most 1 gapped suited connectors

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO you are losing +EV. The biggest advantage to the SB for a TAG is playing non-standard hands for .5SB. Last night I made a T high flush with 7 4 on a K 8 3 board. By the riv, it was a 12BB pot as both weak Ks paid me off.

With 2 suited, you make your 5 card flush ~6% of the time pf but 38% with 4 to it on the flop. This play is -EV HU with the BB, but pays nicely with limpers.

SB - the LAG seat for TAGs!!

Aaron W.
12-06-2005, 01:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What are our standards for a 3/5 or 2/3? The SB is .15 some .25/.5 tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

2/3 is an auto-complete with a super-wide range of hands. With two or three bad limpers, I might start auto-completing anything if BB doesn't raise much (especially live -- folding for 1/3 SB in a multiway pot looks very obviously tight, which is not the image you want to project and image matters much more at a live table than online). I don't know what to say at 2/5 except that it's just a little tighter than 2/3.

Str8Fish
12-06-2005, 02:49 PM
A critical lesson I learned when reading WLLHE is that if you have a flush draw on the flop and both of your cards are not overcards to the board, you should not re-raise a bet to you. You should not try to protect your hand in that situation. Maybe that's where you might be losing some extra bets?